Arch Enemy

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by archenemy, Feb 6, 2017.

1. archenemy

archenemy Members

Who do u like better "Singing" in metal group Arch Enemy? Angela, or Allysa? I like Angela way more....so u can tell i love arch enemy, my user name, lol. theyre frickin Heavy Duty..

1 person likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Neither.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They'd be better with a male Frontman that can bring good gutteral vocals and not be so popular because some blonde shakes her ass. :D

Always liked the music, just not the women.

Take the song "web of lies" I think it is. I like that song, but I just can't get into the vocal work.

I'm not entirely sure they'd be as popular if it wasn't for the woman, but I think they'd sound better.

4. archenemy

archenemy Members

Irminsil...i noticed earlier u are from Bavaria. My Stepdad is from Coburg, Bavaria. I love Germany...

5. archenemy

archenemy Members

LOL Irminsul. i like female singers tho cuz im a female...

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I an also female. :D and I'm also gay too and they STILL don't do anything for me. :D

Personally I think Dani Filth is more feminem. :D

Your step dad and I are from complete opposite polars of Bavaria. He was much farther north and I am right down the bottom.

7. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I like both singers, but I'm a huge Alyssa fan because she sounds awesome when she sings clean, too. I like the versatility. Angela actually sounds decent when she puts her mind into singing clean too, except she practically never does except maybe in a tiny segment of a Melissa Cross vocal training video.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I think Alissa does a better job as frontwoman,

This from Wacken a year and a bit ago, pretty awesome stage show

9. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

I can’t get into them. I really like the duet she does with Tarja. Demons in You .

10. Alternative_Thinker

I personally also like that Jeff Loomis has joined the band in the recent years.

I love that song! A great example of Alyssa both clean singing and growling. You might also check out her work with Kamelot on a song "Liar Liar" as well.

fem_fatale likes this.
  11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Saw them once with a blonde girl. No idea who that was and awful awful music. Like even for that type of music which is supposed to be shit noise and growls she did not seem to be able to do anything nor was she cute. No idea why she was there.

12. Alternative_Thinker

Growl is one of the key elements of death metal, and bands like Arch Enemy fit into a sub-genre often referred to as "melodic death metal" where a high level of musicianship is typically displayed. In other words, it's not actually "shit noise" but carefully and skillfully composed music.

The blonde girl would've been Angela Gossow, and quite many people, including myself, find her very attractive. She is also one of the pioneers of female death metal growling, and she definitely did it well during her years with Arch Enemy.

One needs to actually enjoy this type of music to register it as music, so while you may have "no idea why she was there", I have no idea why YOU were there in the first place when you regard death metal merely as "shit noise and growls". Unless, of course, you were there to listen to "shit noise" in which case, hey, that's what you like and that's cool with me.

Asmodean likes this.
  13. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

I find her (Angela?) absolutely amazing!

AstroShark and fem_fatale like this.
  14. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

What the hell is Angela Gassow doing these days anyway?

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Whatever she wants.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Assumption?

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yeah, just talking shit.

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm not into death metal either but I acknowledge it is my lack of interest/affiliation with this subgenre that clouds my perspective on how good it may be. Her vocals in GuerrillaLorax's vid are clearly great... but yeah, the song is not interesting to me.

19. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I like them both but I always liked Angela more