Barefoot In Target/walmart?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by I am Thelegend27, Feb 6, 2017.

1. I am Thelegend27

I am Thelegend27 Members

I am fairly new to going barefoot. I've done my fair share of going barefoot like on the school bus and in hotels and stuff but I've never went barefoot in public much before. So I wanted to know how barefoot friendly stores like Walmart and Target are (I live in the North US which is probably not as barefoot friendly as Florida or California). When I move out, I would probably expand to like walking barefoot in college or stores because I like the way that tiles feel. So anyway, any positive or negative stories about these places?

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

No, who gives a shit. I go barefoot all over the place where I live. Nobody gives a fuck.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

everyone has negative stories about walmart. nothing to do with barefooting, just there's always something horrible happening every time you're there. but seriously, have you seen what people wear to walmart? nobody's going to say shit about your footwear. just be careful not to get your bare foot run over by one of those broken carts, or even worse, by the 400 pound lady riding around in the store scooter.

i can't say anything about target. literally, there's nothing to say. it's one of those fictional places that people keep mentioning online, but in real life there is no such store anywhere.

1 person likes this.
  4. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

ive gone into Walmart barefoot. They told me off for it, but I just said I'm not breaking any laws, and that shut them up.

1 person likes this.
  5. soliloquysalvira

soliloquysalvira Guest

I forgot my flip flops one day.

Target, Radio Shack, Lowes, Menards, and a few other places. Not a word was said, but I was also a moving target.

If asked, I could legit say I wanted to buy a pair and didn't have any ...

6. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Walmart has become more strict about bare feet, but I've seen barefoot people in there on occasion in recent years. There's one near my office and when I do go to Walmart now, it's a quick run over there to pick up something for our work.
    Several years ago, I lived near one and went barefoot in there all the time. Wasn't the only one, either.

7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

No one ever said anything here in Florida at Walmart or Walgreens. The one place I had a problem was a Rally Gas station, this guy I guess was the manager started telling me some bullshit about insurance company rules so I told him insurance companies are not government agencies with police powers so I don't give a F about insurance company rules cause they are not worth the paper they are printed on as I filled my coffee cup and walked it to the counter to pay.

Then the dude starts telling me about the "health code" so I say I bet you $100 no such code exists (cause I already knew that) and that is when he snaps "I don't have to bet you anything!". What an A hole but anyway I haven't gone in that store since. That was three years ago so even if I only spent $10 a week stopping for gas and coffee once in a wile 52x3x10= $1560 I never spent there.

But have fun in Walmart barefoot, if people ask "where are your shoes" why don't you have shoes... ? its always fun to say I stepped in a big steaming pile of dog poo when I was looking at my phone so I took them off and just threw them out cause I didn't want poo getting on my cars carpet and the poo was all stuck in the tread on the bottom of the shoes and everything.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know if that's legitimately one of their insurance company's rules, but as a business what the insurance company says is damn near as important as what government agencies say. if the insurance company decides to raise their rates, it will end up costing them way more than the $520 per year they lost by not having to deal with the rude guy coming in anymore.

1 person likes this.
  9. freespiritedone

freespiritedone Beeeee Free!

I wouldn't care what they say about going barefoot when they have dogs and other animals in the same surroundings, but going barefooted in a store is not grounding anyways, you have to be on the grass and dirt for it to be effective if that's what your afrer, other then your sweet freedom to do what the hell you wanted lol

10. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

An interesting point. If anything I'd think that avoiding contact with foul concrete, epoxy floor coatings and who knows what they add to asphalt would be in the best interests of people who adore their feet.

11. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Wal-Mart actually DOES NOT have any shirt or shoe policies. If any store or restaurant chain asks you to leave for not wearing shoes just tell them you want to see the actual store policy.

12. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Pay $ 520 or they switch to a new company but that guy was a jerk, known in town for being a jerk. No rule saying you have to be the shoe police. Are you supposed to pysicaly remove people if they tell you to F off , think not.

flip flops cause falls

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAm7bUH4qe4[/media]

He says its like always flip flops.

I think barefoot makes you less likely to slip cause you can feel the surface your walking on, you know your traction level

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

of course not. if you have an unruly customer who refuses to leave your property after being asked to, you're supposed to call the police and let them take care of the trespasser.

14. patmandu22

patmandu22 Guest

The most common retail places I go barefoot are Walmart, Walgreens, and Kroger. They've never said anything to me. The only place I've ever not been allowed to enter barefoot was a TGI Friday's. Although in fairness to them, I normally wear flip flops into restaurants so others might have the same policy. Potential for glass on the floor is what they told me. It isn't really a hill worth dying on so I just ran out and got my flops.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i actually have a friend who slips all over the place when he's barefoot. we can't figure out why. he jokes that the bottom of his feet secrete oil.

i would have to ask what's going on at tgi friday's that they expect there to be broken glass on their floor...

16. patmandu22

patmandu22 Guest

Yeah, that's a good question. I suppose even another customer might knock a glass on the floor or something like that. I didn't ask. This particular Friday's was located on the ground floor of a hotel on a beach on Lake Erie. I had been on the beach which was why I was barefoot. Like I said, I usually wear flops into restaurants unless it's just fast food.

17. lilajo

lilajo Members

Please don't be "that guy." These places are private property, and they can ask you to leave their property for almost any reason (outside specific types of discrimination). A store or restaurant can absolutely ask you to leave for being barefoot. I don't agree with places that choose to do that, but it is their right. Please don't get into some amateur legal battle with some poor store clerk or waitress or whatever.

But to your original question - I've been barefoot in Walmart all the time. There's entire websites devoted to the crazy things people wear and do in Walmarts. Honestly, merely being barefoot wouldn't even raise an eye brow around here.