Micron Fast Tracks Gddr6

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Wu Li Heron, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3165325/windows-pcs/driven-by-e-sports-micron-fast-tracks-superfast-gddr6-graphics-memory.html

Fast tracking the release of GDDR6 sometime this year is another indication of how rapidly the entire semiconducting industry is now reorganizing in a more analog fashion around memory and a new generation of computers is beginning to emerge that will make all our current computers dinosaurs overnight. Theoretically, what you want in the long run is something along the same lines as a human brain which utilizes Bayesian probabilities that vanish into indeterminacy. What physicists like to describe as a distributed gain amplifier with over a petabyte of memory where every node and neuron can be considered an independent amplifier or memory that can shut itself off if necessary to prevent the system from overloading. They constantly shift their connections with our synaptic connections increasing in the daytime and shrinking in our sleep to prepare for the next day. My favorite example of this is when my daughter was two weeks old a friend of mine made faces at her, but when he took his glasses off she screamed and fainted immediately. The revelation the glasses can come off a face was just too much for her tiny brain and her neurons collectively agreed to retreat and make sure they were all damned well good and ready to try something new. Sort of a circuit-breaker that has an evolving memory, but you could also compare it to a vast collection of independent FM radio stations that supply each other with power and everything and can cooperate in crunching enormously complex patterns and comparing them and are inherently social like an extended family.