Happiness Is Quiet Cpu And Chassis Fans

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Joshua Tree, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

My main desktop PC used to sound like a jumbo jet taking off. I've just fitted two 'quiet' 120mm chassis fans and a quiet CPU fan, along with a filter (pack of ten). The whole lot cost me just over twenty quid (about 25 USD).

My God, the difference! I can barely tell it's on now. I would highly recommend 'quiet' specification fans, though I suppose most people use laptops nowadays.

2. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

These days there are so many different models of quiet fans to choose from its hard to decide, but it helps to have a case that's actually designed to be quiet in the first place if its really important to you. This website has reviews for anyone interested:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

my laptop can get annoying sometimes, but its usually just during some update. funny last night I heard it, so I turned on the room fan to muffle it.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

when mine starts working overtime i blow it out with compressed air and then it gets nice and quiet again

2 people like this.
  5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

yep, or vacuum it out with the hose attachment.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

ive been vacuuming my keyboard on the laptop .. ever since I took the last one apart, with all those ashes and dust in there. yucky..

1 person likes this.
  7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Laptops have shit cooling and a quiet laptop is a 'days numbered' laptop. Happiness to me is having none of my chips, especially GPU's, running over 60C degrees.