Things You Don't Like At A Nudist Resort (But Might Have To Put Up With Anyway)

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by nudony, Feb 3, 2017.

1. nudony

nudony Member

Here are a few of my "things":

- Cliques: Ok, I get that you have some long-time nudist resort friends you tend to stick with. But that doesn't mean you have to treat other people like they're non-existent or an annoyance. Nudism is supposed to be about accepting other people too.

- Snobs: Yeah...I see you flaunting your "upper class" with your jewelry, make-up, perfectly coiffed hair, expensive sandals and sarong. You must have missed the part where nudity is supposed to be natural.

- The "perpetually shy": I'm not talking about newbies or people with severe body acceptance issues. I'm talking about that lady who comes to the resort all the time, stays in a corner and only walks around in a sarong; and still acts like she'd going to have a heart attack if someone approaches her or looks at her while she's nude. No one is here to harass you lady; drop the sarong, talk to some people, don't be afraid of people looking at you - you probably don't have anything everyone hasn't seen before. You might find that it's actually quite liberating.

- Textile residents: Ugh. For whatever reason you decided to move to a nudist resort. You are sometimes the first people visitors see when they first walk into the resort; and the impression you make does matter. If you didn't have to feel that you should ever have to be naked around other people; you should have moved into the subdivision down the road. Yet here you are walking around fully clothed like you own the place. No it's not cool.

- Helicopter Moms/Dads: Lady/Sir: no one is going to snatch your kid if you let him/her run around the resort naked. You don't have to scream is he/she takes off running to play with other kids or wants to be nude outside the pool area. Nudists tend to look after other people's kids. You're at a nudist resort: keep and eye but let your kid have some fun with it.

- Nudist etiquette nazis: Just because the lady across the pool is laying with her legs spread out doesn't mean she's slutty. Just because some dude is playing with the kids doesn't mean he's a pedophile. Just because a couple is being affectionate doesn't mean they're being sexual. Mind your business. Just because it doesn't fit your personal version of nudist etiquette doesn't mean it's wrong.

- Finicky nudists: You go nude around the pool area but never anywhere else. You put on a sarong or T-shirt to walk back and forth across the resort. You like to suntan nude but hate interacting with other nudists. You let your kid swim nude but force him/her to wear a swimsuit outside the pool. You socialize nude with friends or residents but never with visitors; and when you have to, you cover up.
    You're making me dizzy. You get to cover up 90% of the time in every day life; so here's a novel concept: at the resort you don't have to. Put the T-shirt or sarong down and try to embrace really being naked. You might find it a lot less complicated.

- Hypocritical dudes: You enjoy looking at other people's naked wives but get annoyed when other people look at your naked wife. Guess what: you might have noticed that my GF has long nipples; well I noticed that your wife has a large labia. Get over it.

Of course this is all tongue-in-cheek; I usually don't get THAT annoyed by these things. But every now and again it is so blatant that one cannot help but exclaim: SERIOUSLY????

1 person likes this.
  2. nldn

nldn Senior Member

How inaccessible most are, so you spend time travelling to them which could be spent at them.

3. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

The red ant mound I sat on at a nude beach was the thing I hated most.... never been to a designated nude resort. Just a public nude beach in my city

4. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I agree with what Nudony is saying. I cant believe the ridiculous ways of some so called nudists. We live next door to a nudist resort. Most of our neighbors are members as are we. I have been scorned by these same neighbors for being nude in my own house or backyard. Most of these same neighbors say they could never live inside the resort. It would be too uncomfortable for them. We dont on account of the cost of living there or we would.

5. rockwood

rockwood Members

Parents that pawn their kids on others to watch at the pool so they can go off and do their own thing. Once in a while is fine but all summer long for gods sake?

6. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Members

Hmmm. I must have been lucky. Never seen any of these things at a nudist club.

To me, nudism is sort of about bodies. It bothers me when people seem to just numb themselves out with the "I'm a nudist" mantra, but really don't pay attention to their bodies or, really anybody else's. I haven't been to a club where people were into health, for example.

7. Captain Allan

Captain Allan Members

What about old perverts that pretend to be naturists?

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Indeed..........What About Them...????... :unsure:

Cheers Glen.

9. Captain Allan

Captain Allan Members

My mother used to be married to an old pervert. He used to go to naturist camps and resorts for the sole purpose of gawping at underage girls

10. rockwood

rockwood Members

Single male visitors with too much alcohol in them and become a bother to the females. .Don't necessarily have to put up with it but have to step in and deal with it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Men in general. :)
    Unless they're good looking with long hair. =p

12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't need to go to them....You have seen one,. you have seen them all...:D

Seriously, I am not a nudist.....I get annoyed when asked for any nude photos......I want to tell said person to take a jump off a short dock......