The Observer Effect

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Wu Li Heron, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The observer effect in quantum mechanics is, perhaps, the most baffling discovery ever made in physics. Using the double slit experiment researchers discovered that electrons could behave like particles or waves depending on whether you had one or two slits open, however, when they set up a detector to watch which slit an electron went through it would always behave like a particle instead of a wave. The very act of observing the particle seemed to change its behavior and, over the years, it has driven both physicists and philosophers nuts with both proposing countless different explanations that nobody can prove. However, in the course of finally getting somewhere in writing the third chapter of my book I found a partial proof for an explanation based on the supersymmetry of a recursion in the law of identity.

Who is the observer and what is being observed also becomes context dependent explaining the observer effect in quantum mechanics as being due to the extreme juxtaposition of humble quanta with our own comparative complexity. Mach's Conjecture provides a classic example in physics of the inverse of the observer effect in quantum mechanics where he notes that if we merely glance at the stars they don't appear to move, yet if we throw our head back and spin in a circle the stars appear to move along with us and our arms fly out as if we are dancing with the universe. At the north or south pole this same concordence between gravity and inertia can be seen in a free swinging pendulum which will move in a stately 360 degree circle along with the stars overhead merely spinning in place as if the two formed mother nature's own clock. What Mach wondered was if this serendipitious harmony implied some sort of profound unity, but what it displays is the inverse of the observer effect of quantum mechanics where the grandure of the cosmos spread out before us seems almost fated in comparison to our own lives and to even sometimes control human destiny as astrologers have claimed since the dawn of civilization.

Its a scalar manifestation of the paradoxical version of Occam's Razor which applies to everything where, due to the supersymmetry in the recursion in the law of identity, nature offers us our choice of looking up and seeing our lives and the future of the entire cosmos as somehow grand, unified, and fated or looking down from a height and seeing everything as insignificant, disparate, and random. Mother nature's warped sense of humor proves to be every bit as wicked as her beauty is captivating and this supersymmetry also expresses how our own emotional and intellectual responses tend to conform to one perspective or the other, however, when viewed in juxtaposition the smallest pond can shed invaluable light upon the Big Picture and, vice versa, the Big Picture can shed renewed light upon the smallest pond.

What is relative and absolute, random and fated, knowledge and ignorance, grand and insignificant, mental and physical remain forever context dependent providing a simple explanation for the varied and often unpredictable, yet, also largely orderly and deterministic world we normally perceive all around us. Instead of a totally random universe, as quantum mechanics suggests, or a fated mono-block universe, as Relativity strongly implies, space without time, the random without the orderly, the subjective without the objective, the truth without bullshit, or any kind of mystical, metaphysical, mental, or physical extreme is always excluded by instant karma ensuring everything remains indivisible-yet-divisible and, ultimately, meaningless and unimaginable without one another.

The identity of everything going down the nearest convenient rabbit hole or toilet of your personal preference means even what is what is logical or illogical, rational or emotional, physical or mental, unified or divided, etc. must all go down in a symmetrical fashion and it is the symmetry of the recursion which remains observable and provides a pseudo-explanation if you will that everything is context dependent.

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Reminds me of a painting I once did....and these words describe it well. The painting is a very emotional piece.... I was thinking about this painting the other day....here are words to describe the painting....I understand now what I painted.

"She sits all alone in a corner
    hiding against the wall
    a wooden screen blocking any eyes from looking at her
    clutching her identity on her lap
    like a teddy bear
    her purse containing her personal belongings that told her who she was...."

3. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Exactly, the identities of the observer and what is being observed become conflated. Mach's Conjecture provides an equally elegant perspective, but a humorous one I sometimes use joking with people is when they ask me for identification I sometimes slap my chest and proudly declare, "This is me!" In philosophy this is a reference to the fact that, ultimately, the only way to show what we mean by calling something a "rock" or whatever is to point to the object in question. Buddhists like to say, "Do not confuse the finger pointing at the moon with the moon itself" but, sometimes, its unavoidable.

4. Moonglow181

This could be a reason that I feel relief when watching a pre-taped movie or television program. It is already pre recorded, and i cannot have any effect on it. When I watch people on the forum, for instance....I am not as happy...and do not want to affect anything...nor do i want them watching me having any effect on me.

"Let it be..."...as John Lennon said.

5. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

That's why I write this book, is to clarify the relationships and make it easier for anyone to choose how they wish to view anything. Nature provides compelling experiences like looking down from the top of a tall building that can inspire fear, but understanding the self-organizing relationship is half the way to being able to address it constructively. If you know you have a fear of heights because of a fall you experienced it makes it easier to overcome, but feelings that seem to come from out of nowhere can be difficult. :)

6. Moonglow181

Yes, they can be very difficult...not knowing where anything is coming from..."I always feel like someone is watching me...."
    and hell, can I fight...never knew how much of a fighter i really am...:D

7. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Asians push meditation a lot as a solution to such problems, but I've never been able to meditate myself. I managed it once for five minutes, but never again. Theoretically, if I can uncover the applicable systems logic it could be used for anything including designing ways to artificially stimulate meditative states and use automated virtual reality programs to help people walk through their problems with a AI. You could even design something like a toy Yoda doll that has the wisdom of the ages and can help anyone with anything.

8. Moonglow181

Your words, are oftentimes, very soothing....:)

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

These thoughts have kept me going for the last five years. Within as few as three years the world may start to change dramatically and billions of people may suffer and die in the process, but the phoenix will arise from the ashes reborn more glorious then ever. If I cannot benefit from it personally, I would leave this world a much better place than I found it. :)

10. Moonglow181

lulled into complacency I cannot be
    gotta go get things ready to mail out, see

a birthday next week is coming around
    and I have to do , do, do...my crazy found....:D

feel like I am fighting lighting bolts at the moment...unsettling again.....uneasy...I do not know what that is....not from you, though. Thank you for the beautiful words, as always.

11. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

You are welcome, it is rare that I find anyone who understands me at all. :)

1 person likes this.
  12. Brilliant morning star

Brilliant morning star Members

Because the Father of Context made it that way

13. Brilliant morning star

Brilliant morning star Members

I think you have

14. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The greater context is always the greater self-evident truth which only asserts itself within the silent void. By merely lending everything else meaning the One Truth justifies itself and can be seen within the invisible light in the darkness and heard within the sounds of silence.