Help With Lsd Tolerance

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Groovynelly, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Groovynelly

Groovynelly Members

Hey guys i have a quick question about if my tolerance is low enough. Last weekend i tripped of one hit on saturday and then just one hit on sunday. I just tripped wensday night off of one hit and now its thursdsy. My question is would i be trippin really hard and good off of 4 hits on friday night or possibly saturday night or should i take more. My guess is that these tabs are around 125-150 ug of double dipped acid

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

My experience with any drugs is that dosage is very important. You must not exceed the dosage recommended. In this case the only recommendation to go off of is the notion that 1-hit equals the recommended dosage.

I have taken acid probably around 50 times. I've had bad trips and I've had good trips. My advice is to play it safe. Only take 1 hit! :)

3. Groovynelly

Groovynelly Members

I really feel that and i consider myself a pretty experinced tripper aswell doing it only around 30 times but im also not cocky with it cuz ive also had a few very scary trips so i definitely dont take advantage of it. But the reason i wanna take a higher dose is because im going to be doing it with a good friend of mine and we both wanna have a real intense psychedelic experince and just talk,listen to music, and you know just try to think shit out. Thats why im trying to wonder if this is a high enough dose considering the tolerance

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

wasting lucy,,, leave yourself dry out for at least another week, take a single dose. mind blown,, or take all 4 friday and fell nothing but a faint glimmer... its your shit, you do what you want..

2 people like this.
  5. Groovynelly

Groovynelly Members

I bought 50 hits so i dont really mind since i still have most left. Im,just trying to figure out if 4 is enough right now

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

double-dipped acid....LOL, urban legend bullshit to make you buy, highly doubtful they are over 100ugs per dose,
    anyway
    with how much you have recently done you should wait at least a month, get lots of exercise and eat good, then set aside a couple of day of no responsibility and take 4-5 hits to achieve the effects you are after.
    Tolerance to LSD builds very rapidly and the longer you wait between trips the better in many ways.

1 person likes this.
  7. soulcompromise

You can always do 1 of your hits and smoke a hit or two of pot. That usually works.

edit: also, I think my total may be closer to 30 than 50 as well, and that's including times I tripped off molly or mushrooms. I made quite a habit of it for awhile and decided to distance myself from it. Nowadays I don't do any drugs, with one exception: Marijuana Edibles!

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I get the impression you are chasing it with just taking these 1 hits on consecutive days. I'd recommend taking at least 2 weeks off, preferably the month Noxious recommended and then take a few hits at once to improve the likelihood of a good hard trip.

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Aside from the fact that some, such as myself, see the full spectrum LSD experience is only elicited at more than 1 hit for the vast majority of street Acid, 1 hit is in no way an accurate form of measurement with illicit drugs, particularly those such as LSD, where 1 hit can be in the range of anywhere from 30 ugs - 150ugs.

Because of this fact, I can understand an initial "taste" test of 1 hit if you are unsure of your sources but by no means would it necessarily be a good measure to restrict oneself to, if they are looking to explore the full spectrum experience of LSD.

1 person likes this.
  10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

dosage recommended by whom?
    we are talking about an illicit street drug with essentially no way of knowing the actual dosage, not something he picked up at Walgreens....LOL

during the era of LSD use for psychology, the recommendation from Sandoz was to start patients at 25ugs and work up over consecutive visits to the "therapeutic dosage" which varied greatly among individuals, from about 50ugs up to 800+ugs for some cases.
    now if we are talking about "safe" in terms of physiological harm, then the margin opens up to multiple milligram doses that can be taken with little long term negative effects. 10 milligrams can be done with no lasting ill effects, that's about 100 hits.
    If we are talking about emotional and psychological "safety", than the greater part of that lies in the old set & setting theme which anyone delving into these substances should be familiar with.
    Although counter intuitive, lower doses elicit "bad trips" far more readily than high doses do.

don't take this the wrong way soul, but you sound like a bit of a pussy when it comes to drugs and I'll bet your fear and trepidation didn't help those bad trips any. ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I agree that it's not "double dipped". It can't work like that. When one lays the acid only so much can absorb into the blotter paper. Once that saturation point is reached you could stick it back in 10 times it does not matter it has as much as it's going to hold. Think of a paper towel you put over a spill. At some point that towel is used up right? Same idea but 150 if true is a good dose.

Even if you manage to trip I gurentee you will not get the same experience. You are doing it way too often for it to mean anything. And I bet you don't trip that hard. Just a waste of someone's hard work.

1 person likes this.
  12. soulcompromise

I probably should have included that it isn't likely that you've developed a tolerance over the period of several days. Drugs simply don't usually work that way. I've experienced what everyone is talking about. But it's a gamble. You've got to regulate the amount of the drug you are doing. :)

What would a doctor say? He would remind you that despite what all your friends are doing (or whatever people on the drug forums are telling you) that you should be mindful not to overdo it. You should totally try to use 1 dose and smoke a little pot when you feel it start to kick in. That's as good advice as you're going to get.

To Noxious: I don't do those drugs anymore, but I still do edibles! :) I'm not chickening out either, or telling him to do too little. I've done multiple tabs before. In my opinion it may have contributed to bad experiences. In fact I used to drop 3 and 4 hits pretty regularly. I wasn't afraid of it either.

I had several friends overdose on drugs (not lsd though) and that was a real eye opener for me. I was really into drugs too. It wasn't just taking acid for kicks or whatever... I had to take a look at what I was doing, where I had gone wrong, and possibly how it had affected other people. Anyway... Don't go thinking I've wussed out. I'm just recommending that this guy take a reasonable look at what he's doing. I think he would be fine with just one hit. Aren't I entitled to that? :)

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

This ^^^^^^ clearly illustrates that you have no factual knowledge concerning drugs and psychedelics in particular.
    Tolerance to psychedelics develops IMMEDIATELY and increases to the point that after less than a week taking 900ugs don't do shit, even when it's only 10 days since production and you are dropping it straight from a vial. (voice of experience speaking ;))
    That is why it is essentially impossible to become "addicted" to them in the traditional sense, with frequent use/abuse after a very short period of time they just don't work anymore.
    A person can become psychologically/emotionally dependent on them, but again with diminishing and frustrating results.

Good rule of thumb for GOOD and BENEFICIAL psychedelic experiences are that they be few and relatively far between. At least a month between journeys is my recommendation.
    Abuse of anything never does anyone any good.

Considering the OP wants the "Full Psychedelic Experience" following my recommendation of patience, good health and contemplation BEFOREHAND all goes to "set & setting".
    The dose of multiple hits will take him beyond the threshold point of ego dissolution and provide the "Full Experience", that doesn't happen very often with sub 250ug doses.
    The type of experience LSD provides is very dose dependent.
    25ug-50ug is a very good functioning dose for most people and is a good anti-depressant at those levels.

75ugs-100ugs is a common "street dose" and begins to open "the doors of perception" with a radically altered perspective and the beginnings of visual and auditory phenomena. Also great range for tackling/resolving problems, or puzzles.
    One reason LSD at this range was very popular with various engineers and scientists in the 50's and 60's. Same for artist.
    This range offers the balance of a decent psychedelic experience while still being able to function at a relatively high level

150ugs-200ugs this begins to get into the heavier more introspective journeys and is a good range for self examination and therapy (in my opinion).

250ugs-300ugs+ pretty much a guaranteed full blown experience and the range needing the most preparation, internally and externally.
    Done right and with the proper experience/knowledge and supervision these level experiences are beyond the realm of fear and anxiety as anything that you were in fear of being hurt/damaged no longer has relevance.
    that is the full on, ego dissolving psychedelic experience and it simply ain't gonna happen with 1 dose at 100ugs, that is the simple science of it.

Soul, may I suggest you do a bit of research and educate yourself before you hand out advice concerning drugs.

14. wildbillygoathair

wildbillygoathair Members

I love LSD. Unfortunately tolerance builds quickly and if you are on anti depressants the effects are diminished. Fortunately tolerance will also diminish quickly over a period of 5 to 7 days without use. I found this out when I had a supply of 25 hits of 240ug blotter and over a period of 4 days I took all 25 hits. One night I took 1 hit and about an hour later I had a very nice mellow trip with great visuals. Then 2 hours later I decided to take another hit and there was some increased intensity but I expected more. Overall it was a great trip. The next day I took 2.5 hits and was nowhere near the intensity of the previous day. Then next day I took 4.5 and felt even less than the day before. So the next day is Saturday and having some free time I decided to take 6 hits to start and an hour later I just got that warm fuzzy feeling no visuals or trails. So being Saturday I went for broke and took 8 more hits and an hour later there was no increased intensity. So I went for broke and took the remaining 3 and there was no increased intensity. Now I'm bummed I ate my total stash and all I could do was go to sleep. So a week later I replenished my supply and my trip was like that previous trip with a very nice intensity, visuals and trails.

So based on my experiences tripping needs to be spaced out over a period of a week or so and taking more is a waste of money and good LSD. Hope that this helps my tripping buddies. Be safe and enjoy.

One another note.....LSD should be legal because of the great clarity it gives people to connect with ones self, ones thoughts, and ones sprit within this universe. It breaks down the walls that are blocked by the everydayness of our society and allows us to tap into our creativity and express our true emotions. BUT governments want to keep their people stupid and stifle the wondrousness of original thoughts and the ability to see though the bullshit that our governments bestow upon society. I'll get off my soap box now..

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The worst way to take LSD is a little bit at a time. Like one hit now one hit a few hours later. You will trip less off those 2 hits that way then if you took two at once. Like you said tolerance builds quickly. Fool your brain quickly.

16. Bjursten

Bjursten Members

I would say this is both true and false, and largely depends on your personal chemistry.

For me, I can take another hit within the first 2 hours and it will intensify the trip and the peak remarkably. If I take it on the 3rd hour or further out, then I notice that all it does is extend the peak another hour, and extend the come-down another 2 hours.

I personally very much enjoy dropping 1 tab, and then 45 minutes later dropping the 2nd tab. I do this to avoid the "uneasy" come-up, whilst still getting what I subjectively feel is the exact same peak (same peak as if I had taken both tabs in the beginning).

However, redosing the next day is definitely stupid. You might be able to get away with it (I know I can, sometimes) but tolerance builds so fast your head will spin with how much you have to take to get the same effects.

LSD really does need 7 days to go back to baseline (sometimes longer, depends on person). For me, 3 days abstinence will cut my tolerance in half, and 7 days puts me back at baseline.

17. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

no, you simply shouldn't trip so often. if you wait at least a week (i would recommend one month between trips as has already been stated)...and THEN take 4 hits, you should have a decently strong trip. i would wait longer though.

18. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

nope. not the best advice you will get. not even good advice really.

don't take acid after taking it just the other day. taking acid and smoking weed will sort of amplify the effects, but then you are not dealing with just LSD anymore.
    if you want the full spectrum LSD trip, just eat of bunch of LSD with no psychedelic tolerance. that's the best advice you'll get :)

1 person likes this.
  19. Long_HairHippie

Long_HairHippie Member

Don't dose for a month and eat 400 mics.