Kids Overhearing Parents Sexual Activity.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Arlene Foxy, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Renart

Renart Members

Lmao, good thing he wasn't that old.

2. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

I have very strong but very mixed feelings about this! My mother was single, and we were very open with each other. She had a very active but solo sex life with masturbation and could be a bit loud. The first time I remember being 4 or 6 and woke up being very confused and scarred and ran to her room thinking it was pain. She openly explained and sent me to bed. The few other times over the years were short and I knew what it was and she really did try to be very considerate. I remember spending the night at a friend's and hearing his parents very loudly in an extremely quiet house screaming obviously sexual instructions in detail to each other. My friend was so embarrassed and did not want to hear it with a pillow over his head. We were 11 so fully understood what was happening. He literally fell asleep crying. I felt so sorry for him and thought they were being extremely rude especially knowing I was there! His mother actually had the F*cking nerve to ask how we slept at breakfast. My friend started bawling and she then said, "O stop your F*cking Crying Baby." So as you can see I have very mixed experiences giving me a very mixed feeling. NO you should not have to go without but you should be very considerate to others. YES even in your own house!!!

3. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

This is a great question that we have wrestled with for years as parents!

We are strong believers in trust in our household and don't believe in locks on bedrooms doors. However, we have never had the sex talk thing with our (only) son. Luckily for us, we have never been caught as he always knocks before entering but I'm sure he knew what was going on sometimes when he was growing up, even though we always kept it as quiet as we humanly could. We learned how to subdue our moans and muffle our cries, but what we couldn't prevent is the squeaking of the bed or the banging of the headboards!

He's a 18 year old adult now but I don't know if it's more or less embarrassing for us now when he hears us but at least he knows what we had to go through to keep quiet from him now that he has to when he brings a girl back home now!