Kids Overhearing Parents Sexual Activity.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Arlene Foxy, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Arlene Foxy

Arlene Foxy Members

I'm a 39 year old mother and wife. I have 3 kids. 18,16 and 12. My husband and I have a fairly good sex life and we tend to wait till the kids are asleep to have sex. However with this said I believe my kids can hear us, well me in particular I have tried to prevent it but it's natural. Do other women feel awkward about having grown kids and the obvious fact that they know when their mum is having sex.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I would not want to make them feel awkward.

I would take that into consideration foremost.

Dude111, GLENGLEN, Irminsul and 2 others like this.
  3. Arlene Foxy

Arlene Foxy Members

Most definitely not. I fully agree,however when does it become okay for us to have sex. I know my kids are fully aware exactly when I have sex and for the past month or so I've literally limited our sex life to the odd occasion when my kids are out which has been twice in the past month.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

My husband and I have never deprived ourselves of sex, but we did learn how to be more discreet in our bedroom activities. I've grabbed a pillow, or buried my face into the bed/blankets many, many times over the years. Finding ways to be quieter was actually pretty fun for us. We discovered many new and enjoyable ways to express our pleasure that didn't involve loud vocalizations, and it didn't detract from our enjoyment in the slightest. We save the loud stuff for when we're away on vacation, or when the kids aren't home. It actually enhanced our pleasure, and adds a little spice to our sex life because being loud isn't the norm for us, it is more like a special treat.

While having sex is normal and healthy, the whole house shouldn't have to hear how good of a time mom and dad are having. JMO

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I get awkward when the dog can hear me... starts giving me those looks. :unsure:

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's part of that sacrifice you try to explain to people who are contemplating having kids, lol

Ellynx69 likes this.
  7. Captain Allan

Captain Allan Members

When I was 13, I walked in on my mother and perverted, obnoxious step father. The old creep smiled at me and told me to stay in the room. I hope that old perverts somewhere REALLY hot :(

8. Arlene Foxy

Arlene Foxy Members

My youngest kid walked in on me butt naked giving my husband oral and I was of all days gagging. She was 8 at the time and I had to explain myself so she wouldn't misunderstand. But to this day it's an awkward situation for kids.

Calmerchameleon likes this.
  9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

If I'm Having A "Personal Moment" And One Of The Cats Jumps Up On The Bed.......

It's A Real Passion Killer...... :)

Cheers Glen.

NakedInfluence and drumminmama like this.
  10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I will not make Glen and pussy comments

Hint: cats fear vibrators. Occasionally, they pounce.

To the topic, music in the room and white noise machines outside the door go a long way toward sonic privacy. Allowing kids screen time with headphones will, too.
    Lock doors! Or at least put the laundry basket in front to buy time.
    Dream of your kids being invited to sleepovers.

1 person likes this.
  11. drumminmama

One would assume they also hear dad/stepdad having sex? Why is that different?

12. Arlene Foxy

Arlene Foxy Members

I guess for my husband it's normal he does not feel bad or consider that the kids hearing is awkward for them. In fact when I tell him to slow down because they can hear he thrusts even deeper and harder making moan louder. My kids definitely hear me and I can only imagine what runs through their minds when they look at me.

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^..You And Your Husband Are Quite The "Class Act".....NOT.

Cheers Glen.

2 people like this.
  14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

As a child of divorce, I used to want to hear this as a kid.

Kev627 likes this.
  15. dercius

dercius Members

In all honesty, I get turned on hearing my mum's moans. Especially on holidays where sometimes we stay in suites with individual rooms, doors are usually thinner and less sound proof then at home.

16. modeve

modeve Members

We both spouses sleep naked, and have sex frequently. We make it sure that kids are fast asleep. Even then sometimes I suspect that they knew what were we doing in bed.

17. Luz Angélica

Luz Angélica Members

The awkwardness comes from the social taboo on sexuality, which is irrational and destructive and therefore has no place in an enlightened world. The truth is that there's no minimum age for sexuality; as soon as a person is born, she/he wants to play with her/his genitalia and is obstructed by diapers and other forms of repression, leading to sexual frustration that causes myriad physical and psychological problems. The rational thing to do is to engage the whole family in open discussion about sexuality, be undressed and make love to oneself and others openly while outside the jurisdiction of the stupid, irrational mob (i.e. at home).

KennebecMoose and John_1023 like this.
  18. Golden_Wheel

Golden_Wheel Members

Not a big deal, I heard my parents having sex all the time
    When I was growing up. Better to hear natural loving
    Than see or hear physical abuse. My parents were always open
    About sex and there was never a need to hide the facts.
    Could ask them anything. The most surprising was to hear
    My mother swear, she said ooohhhh fuck me.

I saw them once by accident, I turned around and left.

bananaman321 likes this.
  19. drumminmama

To be fair, babies wear diapers because they pee and poop.

20. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Totally agree!!!