Forget Building A Wall....bring The Wall Home.

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Pete's Draggin', Jan 31, 2017.

1. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I've thought about this for many administrations , but never had a site like this to express my thoughts. I've taken in consideration for Posse Comitatus and Insurrection Acts, but I think time to tweak or overhaul them.

1) Instead of building a wall.....bring home our troops and post them on our borders.

2)We're spending billions on our overseas military.
    Spend the billions here in the US.
    No country has their military on our soil. Let's get off of their's.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yeah, gtfo.
    Murderers.

This reminds me of those youtube videos of soldiers coming home and surprising their families.
    Daddy's home, daddy's done invading other peoples countries yaaaaay.
    I know its just people earning a living, but your choice of a job/career says a lot about you.

GuerrillaLorax likes this.
  3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

When Americans enlist in the military they are serving their country. Not to be a murderer

Any time you sacrifice your own well being for the benefit of your country, you're serving your country.

It could be in the military, could be by being a public servant, a politician, a government employee...providing you're doing it for service and not for personal gain.

When atrocities happen overseas I wish you well in figuring out a peaceful outcome. We will watch.

We need our proud serving military men and women home to protect our borders and see their families more often.

wrat, renogirl_2 and soulcompromise like this.
  4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

its the politicians sending them there. most of those soldiers join wanting to protect the country. some are brainwashed into thinking that invading a country is doing that. some have no other options for jobs where they are.

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

been saying that for years, i thought it might happen a couple times. after katrina and during some of the bad rioting. nope they stay in countries that havnt seen action in 60 years still.
    best argument is that its good strategically if a war breaks out. with modern technology they can have attacks and troops where needed if a war breaks out in no time.

1 person likes this.
  6. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Edit: Question was to Pen. I didnt see he answered before I posted this. My bad

Double Edit: [you like this]

7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

8. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The largest manufactured export of the US is weapons. You may as well suggest the entire country start eating a vegan diet.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

really?....over here they join for the free education/tuition..and a regular paycheck

serve the country?...lmao

1 person likes this.
  10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Only the poor do that.

11. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

so if the largest manufactured export was hand bags could we suggest the entire country eat only meat?

12. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

The UK would be more than happy if the US military fucked off out of Menwith HIll and never came back.

13. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Argentina already does that.

14. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Until the Germans or the Russians came after you again.

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yeah i know...the rich ones get the whole west point thing and then get to send the poor ones to get killed

1 person likes this.
  16. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I think it's more likely we could be attacked for siding with the US, as opposed to distancing ourselves from their aggressive foreign policy

17. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The Germans and the Russians never saw a country they didn't want to invade. Americans just want your money and your soul.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nahhhh put up the wall. :) wall building creates lots of jobs. :) :) :)

You hear nothing bad about the Chinese wall. Created a ton of jobs and thousand years later it creates income on tourism.

Jobs, tourism, income. 3 things any nation will benefit from.

wrat likes this.
  19. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

Almost every man in my family has served in the military since before the Civil War, proudly. Murderers? No. They joined to serve and protect, not to go on killing sprees.

Do some trigger happy people join the military in hopes of engaging in battle, of that I have no doubt. Most join for other reasons though. My husband joined to support his family, and to get help with college. (He never killed anyone) My father and uncle joined during the Vietnam War, instead of being drafted. (Neither one killed anyone) My great grandfather, a Swedish immigrant, joined because he was proud to serve his new country. (He saved lives as a medic) Those are just a few examples. Countless friends of mine have joined because they came from military families, they wanted to see the world, they wanted to learn a trade, etc. I have only known one person (out of the several hundred servicemen and women that I have known/know) who joined because he was hoping to shoot someone, and he was an idiot. (He was also given a dishonorable discharge.)

My brother served in the Air Force, and received the Airman's Medal for helping save Navy servicemen when their plane crashed. He was a Fire Protection Officer, first responder, and first on scene. He went into the wreckage repeatedly pulling out people while jet fuel sprayed all over him. He saved 7 of the 12 servicemen on board. He was also stationed at Hellinkon Air Force Base in Greece, and saved numerous lives, including 4 children, when the Air Force Fire Department left the military base to assist local fire crews. (They were not obligated to assist, but did so anyway) He was awarded a several medals and commendations during his time in the military. Murderer? Not even close.

I would however like to see more troops come home, with less involvement in other countries.

wrat and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  20. Cashtwenty2

Cashtwenty2 Members

No country has their military on our soil because this is the greatest country on earth. We're on their soil because they need our help to somewhat be like us. Build the damn wall. Should have built it 100 years ago!

2 people like this.