Book Damaging Family

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by Captain Allan, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Captain Allan

Captain Allan Members

I've been studying WW2 since I could read and I'm trying to get a draft copy of something I've been working on for a time self published.
    The problem is some of my relatives refuse to believe that the Japanese did horrible things to their prisoners in WW2 [one relative in particular claims the infamous prisons and death marchers 'were all faked']
    I want to get this book to at least make it to a hard copy phase but my ignorant relatives are standing in my way. Should I swallow my pride and leave the project or try to talk some sense into my relatives?

And no, my book is not racist against peoples of the orient. WW2 is full of events in which people from every nation, did horrible things to other.

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I don't think you should let your family stop you.This could be your big chance!

3. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

IS this a fictional work or non-fiction? Just make sure you cite your sources. If anyone takes issue with the facts you present, point them towards the irrefutable proof that backs up your argument. Their argument is with that, not you.