Will Trump Supporters Listen To The Warnings?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jan 26, 2017.

1. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

For me, when I quote asmo it is black font, when others quote the font is black. Only meagain is different. . Meagain is different for me all the time. White font on light purple, pinkish mauve, lavender, lilac, periwinkle, heliotrope, whatever you want to call it.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No need to get paranoid.

I'm sure you can figure it out (with your discerning qualities) :)

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I read that abstract, then followed the links and read the titles of those studies. I'll say this: it isn't that hard to find a correlation when that's all you're looking for. I always though your political orientation was more of a learned thing. You see it; you copy it sort of thing. I don't know about brain chemistry enough to say anything about it though. I think most of the time people vote either how their parents voted, or not how their parents voted. Lol. In my mind it's hinged around the adult influence in one's life. Perhaps we should do a study! :) Kidding

4. Asmodean

Sometimes a quote is in white font with white background. I noticed that too. But not in the post you're talking about.

5. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

Not paranoid my friend, just stating facts.

Thank you for the compliment. Very kind of you to see me as having discerning qualities. I am pleased that you think of me as astute, clever, perceptive, insightful, etc...or whatever other positive definition we can add to your words. I appreciate the compliment. Far cry from what you previously called me, but that too I saw as a positive, even though you meant to insult me and M gave you a thumbs up on it too. I did not take offence to your previous statement. You might not hsave been far off. I do not see myself as clever, but you are free to. Thank you Asmo.

I remember but hold no grudges, After all, it is what "autistic" people do.

I am happy we have turned a new page and are starting fresh, because I enjoy what you bring to this forum.

You, like me my friend, have discerning qualities

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Hmm, don't know what the issue is.
    The background I use is the standard "New forum" quote background, I change the font to white sometimes because it sometimes shows as black on the purple which I can hardly read.

If you follow the second link then hit Free PMC Artlcle under the abstract you'll get similar info.

7. MeAgain

That happens to me also from time to time. Then I load the quote into Word and change the background to get rid of the white and repost, if I have time.

If others are having an issue with my posts, let me know, I thought I was making them clearer.

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I can't see your posts sometimes on my phone....they are all whited out, but they are fine on the regular computer, always.

9. MeAgain

Well, I never visit the site from my phone. Is there a better color to use for phones...and are they all the same?
    Is the black font color better? Looks bad on my computer.

10. Moonglow181

Sometimes a phone is all people have to use to visit the site, and I am no expert on computer stuff.

and only your posts get whited out...no one else's that I have seen.

11. Asmodean

Not really. You rarely just state facts. It's always muddled with some subjective (and arguable) conclusion. Just like there. Good luck with that :p

12. MeAgain

[​IMG]?​

4 people like this.
  13. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

^ and this is true because you know this guy and what he stands for while he validates his statements by using his credentials as a professor of international relations and political science to make a statement a fact.

So you believe propaganda posters such as this? Do you follow memes too?

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

it is not propaganda if it is true and factual.
    actually, you have personally validated many of those claims in these very forums.

concerning his credentials, more impressive than half of Trump's cabinet picks credentials.

3 people like this.
  15. Moonglow181

One needs only to watch and listen and observe the Donald to know what he is all about for themselves.....

BZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......who can I annoy today?

16. Asmodean

Thing is: just because someone shares such a pic doesn't mean that's also where the poster originally got their info from (obviously) :p

When psymon acts like he assumes MeAgain does get his info from such a source he's obviously trolling. He's been in these threads long enough to know better.

1 person likes this.
  17. MeAgain

First of all I agree with his analysis, so that helps.

Second his credentials are impressive:
    Yes I follow certain memes, if that is what you wish to call them.

18. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

Pretty broad statement there. Please supply us with the credentials of all trumps cabinet picks. Then follow it up with the credentials of all Obamas picks. And finally please specify what makes this teacher, who spends his time reading other people views rather than going out and experiencing things and seeing for himself. Then your claims will have a little bit of substance. Better yet why don't you look at what is going on and draw your own conclusions instead of verbally vomiting out other people political views.

I can respect moonglow because she comes by her thoughts with honesty, They are hers and revolve around her concerns for animals, not someone else's agenda. She does not belittle people for their opinions or feelings.

You on the other hand want to elevate yourself in some strange way.

Let's look at what this guy said. He claims that all trump supporters feel threatened by science and claims none of them understand science. That trump supporters reject reality and want the world to conform to their views. While at the same time saying trump supporters are stupid and don't understand. Comprehension is not aproble,pm, it is this mans view that is the problem in lumping all the eggs in one basket. Vote trump and you sare stupid?

Whose reality is being rejected? What is reality? What is true for me may not be true for trump, or for you. I do reject the reality that obama created. Reject the science of vaccines? Do I now? Are people to conform to this mans world view or are we allowed to have different views? To have a different opinion based on your accessment means what exactly? That we must conform to the UNs idea as to what we must do and think?

Dr Who said it well when he said, I reject your reality and substitute my own. He never said, I reject your reality and if you do not accept my reality I am going to call you names and try to belittle you, silence you, gather people to call you names, throw stones, set things on fire.

Trump supporters don't believe education or that knowledge is useful? Is that right?

You have decided things about me which are completely inaccurate, but if labelling me, putting me in a box makes your life simple I wish you all the best.

It seems to me that the left wants everyone to conform to their ways while the right says you are free to think and say what you like and so am I.

Education and knowledge does not mean you memorize and believe what someone tells you. Knowledge and understanding comes from observation, experiences, trial and error.

Colleges today, your education is based on following and believing what your professor tells you. To challenge that results in failure, so people are conforming based on what teachers today are presenting, when it is not.

So we are raising a bunch of clones who are unable to think for themselves and everyone is labelled if they disagree and get called names. Names that are designed to discredit someone who simply says I don't see it that way.

On this forum I have been referred to as autistic, stupid on several occasions, a creationist, religious, anti science, racist, troll by those who behave like trolls, and more. Not a single moderator has stood in and said you are out of line,as a matter of fact some mods have been ones to do it. This is ok, why? It is ok to do because people side with them and no matter what that person says or does it is ok because they are on the perceived just side. The opinions of people who I do not care about, who show disdain for those who disagree with them.

Because I do not conform to their way of thinking! Or the ones who say they are bleeding hearts while checking up people who laughed and checked up those who called me stupid and autistic? Or others names? Such a compassionate and caring group you have on this forum. Damn those bleeding heart liberals, the bleeding hearts who actually have no heart, just selfish people with control issues. Then have the nerve to play victim by saying, thanks for being civil to me. Helpless female Bs. Yes I am civil to people who has been extremely hostile! Why? Because I see what they are but do not need to label them. They know it too. I just don't care what they have to say after that point nor give them my attention, or give it if I choose to.

Yes, I hold little respect, nor do I care for the moderators and members on this forum who stoop to such levels in order to validate their point. I continue to be civil amongst people who behave like their ancestrial chimp cousins and need to evolve a little more to get the savage, mob mentality, behaviour out of them.

What is wrong with being an Individual?

I have listened to warnings from left wing people. Some are quite civil. But others, majority, they have express disdain, hatred, violence, name calling, etc, to anyone with a different view or belief. And that quoted professor did that very thing in that quote. Imagine being in his class and a trump supporter. Look at what he thinks of them. Which has no bases or merit. So why exactly would anyone want to listen to it when they ignore this as if it is ok because they believe they are on the right side of history., on the right side of what is to come.

1 person likes this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol

2 people like this.
  20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

[​IMG]