Click to shop at FS Books
Photo
* * - - - 9 votes

Will Trump Supporters Listen To The Warnings?

• Please log in to reply
737 replies to this topic

#21 unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin

The Archaic Revival

• PipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts
  • LocationYarmouth Road

Posted January 26 2017 - 06:44 PM

His voters are all morons. So bitter and upset over Obama that nothing other then the chaos we see now matters. For people to be upset means "their country" has been taken back. They have zero understanding of economics or the subtle nuances of diplomacy.

It's sad and scary but somehow "fact" is meaningless to them and somehow up to personal interpretation. It's right out of 1984

2+2=5 The world is not getting hotter

The United Kingdom is considering cutting off much of their diplomatic relations with us because the goverment is unstable. We are on the level of a third wold dictator to them now. They have plans in place just in case they have to go to war with us. It's just too hard to say what Trump says one day to the next. And Europe is on the side of the UK.

This is VERY serious but no one will do anything.

Edited by unfocusedanakin, January 26 2017 - 06:46 PM.

#22 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 12,495 posts

Posted January 26 2017 - 06:49 PM

and people say the right are all just fear mongering

doo be doo be doo, beware of the penguins.

#23 Phil E.

Phil E.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 26 2017 - 06:54 PM

I wouldn't call everyone who supports Trump a right winger or a moron - it's this anger with no regard to rationale that got Trump elected. You're a product of the media that you believe. I think that many Trump supporters, which included democrats and independents, believed that the country had already gotten into big trouble with Obama. 94,000,000 people not working in the U.S, calling any attempt to control the borders of the U.S. a racist agenda, and making race relations worse than ever, practically no GDP growth and the list goes on and on. Some us just think that it's totally reasonable for the President to uphold the laws of the United States as this is required when you take the oath of office. Have you ever read the constitution? What was up was down, what was right was wrong. Don't forget about 84 million people voted for Trump, not just a few thousand crazy folks like many Hillary supporters would like to believe. Lots and lots of women voted for Trump. It wasn't as much of a blow out as the media would like you to believe. I think any party who leans too far to the left or right is asking for a correction down the line.

#24 hotwater

hotwater

• PipPipPip
  • 24,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern New England

Posted January 26 2017 - 08:23 PM

OMG there's a mad mad in office .......................

Trump pressured Park Service to find proof for his claims about inauguration crowd

On the morning after Donald Trump’s inauguration, acting National Park Service director Michael T. Reynolds received an extraordinary summons: The new president wanted to talk to him.

In a Saturday phone call, Trump personally ordered Reynolds to produce additional photographs of the previous day’s crowds on the Mall, according to three individuals who have knowledge of the conversation. The president believed that the photos might prove that the media had lied in reporting that attendance had been no better than average.

http://www.msn.com/e...hVMm?li=BBnb7Kz

Hotwater

Never! This is outrageous. I'm through with it. I'll have no more of this hell-spawn!

#25 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,890 posts

Posted January 27 2017 - 02:44 AM

stoned

Worry about your own fucken country, OP. Or do you have nothing better to do?

LOL – I have many interests one is world history and politics and the US is especially interesting because it has so much influence on the world.

Thinking about a number of subjects is not a very difficult thing to do I’d recommend you try it, you might find it expands you knowledge and insight.

Posted Image

#26 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,890 posts

Posted January 27 2017 - 02:44 AM

Phil

I wouldn't call everyone who supports Trump a right winger or a moron - it's this anger with no regard to rationale that got Trump elected.

I also would not call Trump supporters morons and I can understand many of their situations but as I’ve said before Trump got elected –

It seems to me that many people who are supporting Trump are angry and the basis of this anger seems to be in large part due to their economic situation, but many of these are long term right wing voters who have presumably being voting for previous right wing politicians who brought in the [neoliberal] policies that brought about the economic situation in which those voters now find themselves.

And it’s not like nobody told them I mean even before Thomas Frank wrote What's the Matter with Kansas? people were asking why so many seemed to be voting against their own interests.

Instead of shouting ‘Make America great again’ they should be chanting ‘We fucked up and now we want to do it some more’

And it’s not like they were not warned about what could happen but the thing was that these voters got bamboozled, they were lied to and misdirected some to the point where they seem unable to think rationally or reasonably and ‘believe’ in things that they are unable to defend from valid criticisms.

You could try Roger and I by Michael Moore who was highlighting what outsourcing meant back in 1989

Globalization and Its Discontents Joseph E. Stiglitz 2002

What's the Matter with America? The Resistible Rise of the American Right by Thomas Frank (2004)

A brief history of neoliberalism by David Harvey 2007

Posted Image

#27 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,890 posts

Posted January 27 2017 - 02:45 AM

Phil

You're a product of the media that you believe. I think that many Trump supporters, which included democrats and independents, believed that the country had already gotten into big trouble with Obama.

You think the US only got into the state it is now with Obama?

LOL to me it has had its problems going back years, to me the big problem in recent US history is the right wing neoliberal ideology that has dominated US political and economic history over the last 30 odd years or so. Obama should of fought against it many in his own party and virtually all those in the Republican are infected with the neoliberal virus.

Posted Image

#28 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,890 posts

Posted January 27 2017 - 02:46 AM

Phil

94,000,000 people not working in the U.S,

Trump has claimed that the figure was 93 million (you seem to have added another) but

Once you strip out full-time students, senior citizens, the disabled, and those who have chosen not to work to take care of their children, a more reasonable estimate of "out of work" Americans is somewhere in the neighborhood of 21 million, or less than a quarter of Trump’s figure.

http://www.politifac...eople-out-work/

http://www.factcheck...s-unemployment/

http://www.usatoday....yment/80202318/

What has to be remembered here is that Obama took over at the time of the Great Recession, that resulted from the neoliberal produced financial crash. And employment has actually grown the problem for many is that due to the neoliberal policies followed over the last 30 odd years many of those jobs are low paid.

The thing is that many of those complaining about the hollowing out of the manufacturing base and outsourcing and the move toward a low pay service economy voted for politicians that supported the neoliberal policies that hollowed out of the manufacturing base encouraged outsourcing and the move toward a low pay service economy.

Posted Image

#29 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,890 posts

Phil

calling any attempt to control the borders of the U.S. a racist agenda

Who has been doing that? Could you please clarify, I mean even Obama voted for the Bush Admins border fence.

Posted Image

#30 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,890 posts

Phil

and making race relations worse than ever,

Again can you explain your think on this? Are you saying that race relations were ‘good’ before Obama was elected and got worse? How did it get worse and in what way did Obama contribute to that?

Posted Image

Click to shop at In Harmony Herbs and Spice