Click to shop at Herbies Head Shop
Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

Will Trump Supporters Listen To The Warnings?

• Please log in to reply
585 replies to this topic

#281 unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin

The Archaic Revival

• PipPipPip
  • 6,795 posts
  • LocationYarmouth Road

Posted March 08 2017 - 11:50 AM

Remember this little gem?

There is a lot of racial tension going back decades in this country. I don't think it's fair to point out a group like this and say they are as common or as supported as Trump and his white power types. You can find examples with both presidents of people thinking it means their color is in charge. But with Trump there is always a silent nod to white power you don't see with Obama. He was black and other black people took that to mean something he was not a part of that is all. He never spoke of the hate Trump does in the guise of "not being politically correct".

I have noticed the right is still not over Obama. It's like they don't know what to do with themselves when he's gone.  Trump coming up with this ridiculous phone tap thing proves it. His voters will believe it. You would think if it was true it would be the first thing he mentioned.

It's all a distraction because he's a fuck up with a fragile ego.  And Obama can remain the ultimate enemy.

Edited by unfocusedanakin, March 08 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#282 Dick Paradise

Dick Paradise

Large Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationThe State of Intoxication

Posted March 08 2017 - 01:00 PM

There is a lot of racial tension going back decades in this country. I don't think it's fair to point out a group like this and say they are as common or as supported as Trump and his white power types. You can find examples with both presidents of people thinking it means their color is in charge. But with Trump there is always a silent nod to white power you don't see with Obama. He was black and other black people took that to mean something he was not a part of that is all. He never spoke of the hate Trump does in the guise of "not being politically correct".

I have noticed the right is still not over Obama. It's like they don't know what to do with themselves when he's gone.  Trump coming up with this ridiculous phone tap thing proves it. His voters will believe it. You would think if it was true it would be the first thing he mentioned.

It's all a distraction because he's a fuck up with a fragile ego.  And Obama can remain the ultimate enemy.

I had very high hopes for Obama, but he didn't deliver.  He did whine about "inheriting" GW's problems for most of his administration, which was very disappointing.  When you raise your hand to be president, you're clearly stating that you now own the problems of the nation.  I was disappointed that he did nothing about the War on Drugs.  

On the issue of "white power", where is it?  For the last year the press has been screaming that Nazis, the KKK and I even heard a few claims about skinheads, all aligning and building a massive new force.  Only, it never happened.  I moved to Atlanta more than 15 years ago fully expecting to see klansmen on every corner, racist cops beating black people downtown and weekly cross burnings.  I was absolutely wrong.  In fact, the most vocal racism you hear in Atlanta comes primarily from black people.  But I'm told their hate is "justified".

As for the video, can you imagine if those boys had been white, dressed in cammo and marching like that?  All the whining I hear these days about white supremacy falls flat on me.  Most of the white people in the US are not racists and even when the KKK was at their peak most of the nation wanted nothing to do with them.  When Obama was elected there was speculation that the KKK would try to assassinate him.  If you actually read their twisted web sites you'd know that there was no way that would happen.  As far as they were concerned Obama was what the nation deserved, for abandoning white supremacy.

I personally was pulling for Bernie, until he let 2 little girls take his mic.  But even that didn't compare to watching him capitulate when he had the proof of the Clinton's screwing his campaign efforts.  Instead, he took the vacation home and faded away.  I watched the first Clinton administration ramp the drug war UP, so I would have voted for anyone BUT Hillary, even OJ Simpson.  I was never a Trump "supporter", but I'd rather have him than the Clintons.  I doubt he'll accomplish 1/8th of his boasting, so maybe a pause is what we're really getting.  

#283 Okiefreak

Okiefreak

• PipPipPip
  • 6,116 posts

Posted March 08 2017 - 01:13 PM

I had very high hopes for Obama, but he didn't deliver.  He did whine about "inheriting" GW's problems for most of his administration, which was very disappointing.  When you raise your hand to be president, you're clearly stating that you now own the problems of the nation.  I was disappointed that he did nothing about the War on Drugs.  

Well, do you feel the same way now about Trump's whining. Let's see how much he gets done. Not off to a good start.

#284 Dick Paradise

Dick Paradise

Large Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationThe State of Intoxication

Posted March 08 2017 - 01:28 PM

Well, do you feel the same way now about Trump's whining. Let's see how much he gets done. Not off to a good start.

As a matter of fact I do.  It's just as disappointing.  I'd rather he simply tell his detractors to eat shit and bark at the moon.  He's not a politician, and that has become very obvious.  What's funny though is watching the press take a microscope to every word he utters with bated breath anticipating errors.  As if that was something new with this guy.  But senile siren Nancy Pelosi can call him "Bush" and nobody blinks.  I'd like to see all of the country club politicians evicted from Washington soon.  Term limits would be a good start as would sensible voting districts.  But oh well.  

#285 OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother

May you drink deeply

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,918 posts

Posted March 29 2017 - 04:37 PM

Having talked with true Trump supporters in another forum, this is what I have seen:

They believe “We” won “You” lost get over it.

Anything that is said about Trump that is not complimentary is just whining about having lost.

All main stream media is fake news, which I’ve been told can include Fox News.

If something comes up that shows Trump in a bad light from a source that is hard to deny, like the rest of the GOP, they defect it by bringing up things that may or may not have happened in the past and call you a hypocrite for bringing up what Trump is doing and not having rioted in the streets when it was done in the past and then they don’t even bother discussing what Trump is doing now.

If you make what you think is a good point often no attempt is made to answer it and the only reply is name calling.

I have even been told that Nazis are a far Alt-left group and that the Right is the only protection against them.

To answer your question; Trump supporters are not listening now and are in such extreme denial that nothing can penetrate to warn them.

So no, they will not listen to the warnings.

Edited by OlderWaterBrother, March 29 2017 - 04:40 PM.

• unfocusedanakin likes this

F— I.W.

Fighting the New Revolution changing the world for the better one person at a time.

and remember

True riches are who you are not what you have!

Do not sacrifice your imagination on the altar of crude reality and end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams.

#286 newo

newo

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts

Posted March 29 2017 - 06:32 PM

Trump's approval rating is down to 35% so they might be forced to listen.

gallery_641_1854_34090.jpg

Northwestern ​U.S. Forum  https://www.hipforum...orthwestern-us/

#287 OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother

May you drink deeply

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,918 posts

Posted March 29 2017 - 06:50 PM

Trump's approval rating is down to 35% so they might be forced to listen.

To them that is fake news; "If you read the "real" news Trump's approval rating is closer to 100%." willy_nilly.gif

F— I.W.

Fighting the New Revolution changing the world for the better one person at a time.

and remember

True riches are who you are not what you have!

Do not sacrifice your imagination on the altar of crude reality and end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams.

#288 Okiefreak

Okiefreak

• PipPipPip
  • 6,116 posts

Posted March 29 2017 - 08:48 PM

Reality bites! But Trump will ignore it at his peril. A President who is perceived to have a 35% approval rating will have trouble getting Congress to go his way on controversial matters like taxes and the budget. The more defeats he encounters, the lower his approval rating will go. Soon he'll be in a death spiral--figuratively speaking. And Congress is on the trail over his possible ties with Russia..

#289 newo

newo

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts

Posted March 30 2017 - 02:35 AM

On the other hand that means 1 out of 3 Americans think he's doing a good job. Hopefully they'll come around in time. It's not easy to admit you've been taken in by a con man, especially one so transparent.

• themnax likes this

gallery_641_1854_34090.jpg

Northwestern ​U.S. Forum  https://www.hipforum...orthwestern-us/

#290 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 20,097 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted March 30 2017 - 04:33 AM

the ones who do jump off his ship, the ones who don't, won't believe anything they don't choose to, until it bits them personally, and even then, there are people who won't. 

his support numbers now, are down to pretty much the self blinded members of the church of rush limbo.

my nation is the imagination

this is the dawning of the age of zootopia

and thank god i'm not quite human

=^^=
.../\...

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company