Isn't This The Most Ridiculous Thing In History?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newo, Jan 25, 2017.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i cant argue with that statement

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I can think of more ridiculous times in American history. Alcohol prohibition was pretty ridiculous. Followed by the Marihuana tax act of 1936.

1 person likes this.
  3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The Muslim immigration ban compares with them. And Trump's just getting started.

4. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Any takers on how long before he is impeached? :)

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'll put down 10 bucks on 2019 if anyone wants to take a gamble

We'll have to vote in a Democratic majority in 2018 first

1 person likes this.
  6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I would say setting off atom bombs on your own soil trumps trump any day.

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Really? Explain why.

Also, the countries with the highest muslim populations are Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. If it was a muslim ban, why aren't any of these countries on the temporary ban list?

I still can't fathom the idea that alcohol was banished in this country, for more than a decade, and amended under the Constitution....

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I just read that Phoenix International Raceway is moving the start/finish line from the front stretch, to the back stretch to "improve" racing.

lol now that is truly rediculous. :D

Same track, won't race differently. Star finish line ain't gone change anything.

9. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Why is impeachment interpreted as some kind of fix-all panacea? It never accomplishes anything. It wastes time and fattens the wallets of lawyers. To hear it proposed so early is weird considering the purpose and structure of it. Look at all the time wasted trying to apply it to Bill Clinton. What was the result? Wasted taxpayer money and a minor dose of censure. It's a distraction. nothing more. Consider the other means if there's REALLY a case, because impeachment won't solve anything.

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

high powered rifle would do the trick...

11. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Nox, I love ya man, but this sort of response gets government goons in your shit. Best to use code or alternate ideas. Perhaps ultimate humiliation, as in episode 1 of Black Mirror. SO much better than speculating on murder.

1 person likes this.
  12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

ah, they gonna have to wade through the countless millions of similar and more detailed online content concerning the departure of the Prez before they get to my sorry ass......LOL
    plus I be a white Christian boy by birth, so.........

13. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Only makes you a primary target. Haven't you heard? Christian honkies are the bane of existence for all of life on earth.

Personally, I have a kind of Howard Stern take on Trump. I'm just waiting to see what he'll say/do next. Watching all the crybaby heads explode with each syllable from his gaping maw is fucking hilarious. As if street protests make any difference in this century. Pissing off regular people doesn't win shit for Trump or these idiot "protesters". Hating a guy on the street over national issues is STOOPID (but oh so easy).

14. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Nah, a part time drama teacher who rode on the back of his fascist nazi supporting father to be elected, a father who was the most destructive thing to this country. . Has no political or business background. The highlight of his life was getting a role in a mini series back in 2007. Never completed any degree, just dropped out yearafter year. He is just a puppet who has said a lot of stupid things ... like when he spoke on behalf of Canadians...praisedthe ruthless dictator Fidel Castro and the way he loved his people and the way his people lived him. How he was praised for being the longest running dictator in Cuba. Well that usually happens when election are banned. Tell how much he is loved to refugees fleeing on boats that were bombed by him. Amazes me that all people see is a pretty smile and a nice suit. Or those killed by firing squad.

Now Trudeau is not adverse to having a dictatorship. He also said he admired China’s “basic dictatorship, and their ability to turn the economy around on a dime"

Claimed that harper only wanted to bomb ISIS so he could whip out Canada’s CF18s to “show them how big they are,” and he joked that Russia invaded Ukraine

Another thing he said about the budget was. " the budget will balance itself". And "small businesses are simply a way for wealthy Canadians to save on their taxes"

When questioned about national unity he said he would "support Quebec separatism and that the country suffer when people from Alberta are in charge"

He also said with regards to Isis. "If you kill your enemies, they win"

So I really think you guys are in a better position than us.

15. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Seriously? Okay, prohibition was implemented thinking it would end alcoholism and this Muslim immigration ban was implemented thinking it will end terrorism. Prohibition led to the rise of people making illegal hooch, and if this bullshit lasts it will lead to a rise in illegal immigration from these countries. Put up a wall to "stop" illegal immigration from Mexico while coming up with policies that will lead to greater illegal immigration from overseas.

Anyway that's it in a nutshell, the issue is deeper than that. Get ready, the ridiculousness is just beginning.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm also seeing a lot of people not only call senators, but show up at their offices and sit until someone can give them an explanation as to why a senator is voting a certain way on something, or why they're voting to confirm so and so.

I think its great. I think protesting is great also, as long as it remains peaceful. Americans have been slumbering for way too long, its about fucking time people wake up and start participating in this government that has been taking a massive shit on all of us for decades and laughing about it behind closed doors.

Also, having massive protests every day of your presidency so far is simple bad publicity. It makes Donald Trump look bad, it makes anyone in congress who supports him look bad. Our president and congressmen will all be up for reelection in the next 2-4 years, it is their job to care about public opinion. I dont think it is accurate to say protests are ineffective

17. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Oh I agree, protesting is an American tradition. But they should do as you point out and protest the people who are supposed to be dealing with the problems. Blocking highways and causing grief for regular working class people doesn't help a cause at all. Even Sun Tzu knew better ways to win hearts and minds. They need to protest lawmakers on both sides of the aisle AND the wealthy of the US, the ones who hide away in gated communities and laugh at people protesting on TV.

The effort is way off target when they go after people who can't possibly change anything. Was the message of Fight Club so readily lost? It's time for Project Mayhem folks.

18. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Hillary would had been worse (+ her husband of course)

[​IMG]