What Does Your Partner Think?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Lvlygrl, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Lvlygrl

Lvlygrl Members

Alright I haven't been here all that long, and most of you have. Does your partner know you're in this forum?

My husband got really upset with me when he saw I was here. I told him I was looking for the advice from actual people that have been through these things and not what a medical site says. But he feels I shouldn't be talking about anything in a sexual nature and that I shouldn't be commenting on others issues. Is it really so bad? I'm just trying to get answers that he won't give me. Like: Why has he averted my every attempt to have sex? We've only have sex twice in the last 2 years.

2. No way, no how. She'd be very unhappy.

1 person likes this.
  3. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 grains of diplomacy Lifetime Supporter

Yes, my wife knows that I frequent this forum and doesn't care one way or the other. I even even (occasionally) bring up topics from the forum with her.
    Twice in that last two years?!? You need to drag him into a therapist, cuz that isn't normal. If he absolutely won't go, you might want to seek counseling yourself, just to acquire some tools to cope with this uncomfortable situation. If you haven't already, you might want to point out to him that you're seeking help from folks like us because he won't discuss the issue(s) with you himself.

1 person likes this.
  4. VerySexual

VerySexual Members

Buzz is right...he has a problem that needs to see the light of day. It sounds like you are a sexual and passionate woman and that's OK! Being ignored sexually without reason is hurtfull. Hmmm...I just realized that you are in the same situation as many, many men! Do you have any female sex toys? Maybe it's time you get a few.
    https://www.healthyandactive.com/

Good Luck!

1 person likes this.
  5. Lvlygrl

Lvlygrl Members

Thanks all.
    Ya he knows I was here for advice about the issues we've been having. I just think he doesn't like me talking to the men. He's just frustrating, it's driving me mad. No I don't have toys. I though if I got one it would offend him. But that's in another post.

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes, she knows. She doesn't "get" online forums, but no qualms in me "getting" them.

1 person likes this.
  7. F6C

F6C Members

It sounds as though he needs to go to therapy to see if there is a deep rooted underlying reason why he won't/doesn't want sex with you.

As for having a toy or two - I think it's gone beyond being worried about whether it'd offend him,. You have your needs and if he isn't/can't provide that for you, toys are the next best option.

1 person likes this.
  8. mcme

mcme lurker

My GF knows. Her and I read, discuss, and laugh like hell at a lot of the topics here.

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

For those who have partners who would not like you participating, why do you stay online?

10. Lvlygrl

Lvlygrl Members

Oh no worries, I don't take things too seriously, I'm quite the joker too.

1 person likes this.
  11. Lvlygrl

Lvlygrl Members

Did you read my post?? Because I want advice from real people and not some medical website that puts everyone in the same category. Everyone has different issues and everyone deals with it differently. I'm looking to improve my marriage, even if it means he's not comfortable about it, cause honestly, I'm not comfortable only having sex once a year.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't have a partner, but nobody i know in real life knows about this place. shit, i've been known to clear my browser history when i know i have nosy friends coming over.

13. drumminmama

You are aware that my question was to all respondents who said their SOs wouldn't like them participating, right?
    Don't be so touchy.
    That's a good way to get torn to tatters here. Especially in love and sex.

14. Lvlygrl

Lvlygrl Members

Oh no no, I didn't mean it in that way, I'm so sorry, maybe the use of an emoji would've helped.

15. drumminmama

Thanks for clarifying.

16. JoeyM51

JoeyM51 Currently locked in chastity for the last 4 years.

My wife is very private about our sex life. In fact, anyone who knows her would think she does not have one. They would be in for a surprise since she had a girlfriend for 30 years who lived with us much of that time. She also has tried just about any fetish most people can think of, even the yucky and painful ones. Yet she does not like talking about it, even with me. I am more outgoing about talking about sex. If not for me she would never have discovered that she is bisexual or ended up with her long time girlfriend. People who get to know me know that I am not a vanilla sex kind of guy.

17. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

My wife knows and even enjoys reading some of the posts. She is okay with everything I post, sometimes providing the material for my post.

18. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

My guy doesn't look at the sites I visit, and I think it's better that way lol. Nothing wrong with privacy! If he wanted to see, then I would show him and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind anyways.

As for your husband. A guy that doesn't want sex is abnormal. Have wondered if maybe he is secretly gay or maybe getting sex elsewhere?
    Have you stalked his computer and phone? I would!

19. morrow

morrow Visitor

Practically everyone I know, knows I'm on this site, but they also know I don't answer a lot of the very sexy topics..

My son gives me answers on some of the games, the older ones were very funny.

My husband tried to use it as part of his defence in our divorce, which was quite funny!

I don't think I could hide it, it's the only site i go on, yep, it's true :D

20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yes she does. I'm not really interested in the free love type stuff though. Nothing against those who do but she knows I am faithful and just talking about my pot smoking and bitching about conspiracy theories. She is used to both.

21. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't understand why anyone's significant other would be upset over this place.

22. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

1 person likes this.