Uk Supreme Court Says Pm May Must Get Parliament Approval To Trigger Brexit

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, Jan 24, 2017.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

The EU will probably end up fragmenting, and we'll probably see nationalism raising it's ugly head across the continent.

I'm afraid the tories will be here to stay. There's no credible popular opposition.

2. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

The tories only scraped in by the skin of their teeth last two times, just because they are in power doesn't mean they are popular. Their share of the electorate's loyalty is slowing decreasing as old people continue to die.

Corbyn has more support than the media would like us know.

The tories wont last beyond another election, and hopefully that will be before 2020.

In any case, Scotland will be independent soon anyway so it wont matter to me.

Scarecrow can think what the fuck she wants #indyref2 will happen within the next two years and it will go through this time, we will make sure there's no possibility of fraud this time.

3. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

But you can Vote ! ;)
    Within Europe you Don't Get that Option !!
    But we did Vote This time That's why we are Coming out

4. BlackBillBlake

I hope you're right about Corbyn - not that I think he'd be much good, but less bad than the tories.

Also hope you Scots do decide to go indie. That would be a big blow to the establishment. But as an anti-Euro person, wouldn't it be a disappointment if after independence Scotland stays in the EU or rejoins? That seems to be the plan.

5. BlackBillBlake

As I said before, Europe needs to democratize. But actually, you do get to vote for your MEP already.

Anyway, we haven't left yet. Let's see how it shapes up post brexit before celebrating too much, because a series of nasty shocks could well be in store.

6. The Walking Dickhead

I'm not anti-Euro, I'm against what the European Union stands for.

I support Scotland going independent from both, and I'm sure most Scottish people would also if it weren't for the SNP pushing the pro-EU agenda.

The main problem Scotland has is the tories, but I'm not going to vote for remain on the basis that the EU can supposedly protect us from their rules.

If the country remains largely undecided on Brexit I'd be happy for there to be another referendum. I think we would remain then. At least we would keep the right to roam freely across Europe, but I'm not going to vote to remain again just for that. That's like voting to keep the right to walk freely down the street in your own neighbourhood provided everything your town is run by a gang who are acountable to noone but themselves.

7. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

So what the people voted for as a majority does not matter? Is disregarded by 5 people who do not speak for the majority? If this does not happen, wouldn't that be the death of democracy? The EU stated it has to happen in two years I thought?

I do think that Scotland should have its independenceif that is what majority wants, But with that will come a share of the debt and a lot of other things. They do have their own parliament if I am correct? They are on their way to separating? England and Scotland I think support one another. Maybe Scotland will let all the people in Canada return there, who are Canadian with Scottish last names and were sent here with the clearances should they get independence. And the return of stolen land. Lol

8. The Walking Dickhead

Democracy died a long long time ago.

I think it's fair to suggest a rerun of a referendum if the result is/was so close, even from the side of the majority.

Of course, if Scotland, Wales and NI went independent of the UK then the majority in England would be much larger.

Ah well, therein lies the problem with modern "democracy". It doesn't really work across macro populations. This is why I'm in favour of anarchy. If you don't like the sheriff just move to another town. But then I suppose that wouldn't work either because there are bad people.

Basically no system works because there are bad people, so we should just kill all the bad people.

9. BlackBillBlake

When was it alive?

Some say in ancient Athens where they came up with the idea. Truth is , it was democracy for only a small elite of Athenian citizens. The majority were slaves and got no say whatsoever.

If they wanted real 'government of the people, by the people, for the people' they could have a vote on every single issue with internet tech. But that's not the real game as we know. Come election time, the media will be stacked against any but their darlings the tories. The usual lies will be spewed forth, and millions of poor saps will take it all on board and do their 'democratic duty', giving their lords and masters carte blanche to do whatever they like.

10. The Walking Dickhead

When God created Adam.

One might be led to think there has never been such a thing owing the apparent inability of people to agree on anything these days.

"We can't agree on anything, let's invent a thing called democracy!"

That sure worked then.

11. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Democracy is a fine dream of ambition where all are equal, however to paraphrase from a certain Novel "All are equal, but some are more equal than others "