Age Differences

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Peaceful_LotusFlower, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

I've dated younger men before and I remember my parents giving me such a hard time about it. One was 21 years old and the other one was 26 years old. My father used to get on me about it and tell me to date older men. Both of them were very mature though and I was attracted to everything about them. Now it's making me realize that this attraction won't ever seem to fade away or be ignored. It's not as if I go looking for younger men at the bars or anything. I'm not all that much older, I'm quite young myself when I think about it. My mother one the other hand isn't bothered by it at all. It's not as if I'd like to try to control them or tell them what to do. I'm a very laid back person and tend to do my own thing. It's just what I'm attracted too. Everyone is attracted to different things. Know of men who love blondes or men who love burnette's. Everyone has their own appeal to different things, such as ages, etc. I'm always very friendly towards everyone but I can't deny how I'm attracted to younger men and would like to date them. Remember being in the room with one of them that I used to date and his friends made me laugh so hard, I love their humor, how laid back they were and loved sitting next to him. Finally he admitted to me that he was attracted to me and I loved the way he kept looking at me. The other day my mother finally told me to relax and not to think anything of it, that if people are going to be rude and judge me, for me to let them judge. I'll always go back to thinking this though, I'm really not that old when I think about it. Just always wanted to post this thread up and I've always been shy too because I don't tell a lot of people about this. I'm a shy person in general.

Eric! and Willy Blue like this.
  2. F6C

F6C Members

As long as it's legal and consensual, age is just a number.

It's the connection between two people that is important, and you're right, you can't control who you "fancy" or are attractted to.

Be true to yourself

3. silk896

silk896 Member

I tend to stick to partners within a few yeas of my age.

Have done all my life.

I guess I just feel more comfortable.

4. Goander

Goander Members

Me 18 and she was 28.

5. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hey, don't worry what other people think. That's what you like, enjoy it. My thing has always been mature women. I can't get enough of them. I've looked at them and wanted them since elementary school, and today, in my late 40s, I still want
    Mature sexy women. Enjoy those young studs, because I'm sure they enjoy being appreciated, and by someone who knows what the hell they want.

6. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I wonder what has become of the OP since the creation of this thread, she seems to be still around more or less.

Anyway, I don't think it matters much when you think about the big picture. What matters is that you end up with someone you can be mutually happy with. I'm the reverse of the OP where my partner is much younger, but we get along very well. And we believe that's what matters at the end of the day.

7. WTM1987

WTM1987 Members

As long as it's legal and consensual. My mom is 10 years older than my dad and they have been happily married for over 35 years. He was 20 and she 30 when they met.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was 85 and she was 18