Richard Spencer

Discussion in 'People' started by Reverand JC, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree wholeheartedly with Dick. Viewed objectively, this is really just bullying. We, the non-fascistic anti-racist people of the United States have 99.99999% of all the power. Spencer is a bottom feeding troll who thinks now is his time to shine and be accepted, having completely miscalculated the hearts of the American people. Picking on him is like picking on a mentally handicapped child. He doesn't know what he's doing and is just a little prat who never grew up.

2. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Anyone remember Matthew Heimbach? Even the "White Nationalists" eventually shunned him.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Eh i think he knows what he is doing. He's articulate and obviously intelligent. I agree he doesnt have any real influence, but i'm still not going to excuse him, he's very far from a mentally handicapped child.

Also, in reference to what deputyhawk said, i havent watched the video over and over, i've watched it once but i busted into spontaneous laughter when he was punched. I'm a very nonviolent person, i cant even watch those fail videos that just show people getting hurt, my boyfriend watches them and i think hes a disgusting pig for it lol. I cant even stand watching people in pain in movies when I know it is fake. But i really couldnt help but laugh at Richard Spencer getting knocked in the head. Some people just invite that kind of negativity into their lives.

1 person likes this.
  4. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I'm with you on one point, fail videos showing people getting horribly injured are not "funny". Some have featured people getting injured on gym equipment with what appear to be paralyzing neck injuries. But it's all in good fun right? And of course there are the ubiquitous gonad destruction shots where guys make hilarious facial expressions as their balls are launched inside of them by the force of landing on handrails. Oh what a hoot, right? Idiocracy captured that so well with the "Oww My Balls" show.

This kind of shit taps into a very primitive side of us. Sure, we all like to see an asshole get their just desserts. Didn't we all love watching the karate kid waste his tormentors? Of course we did, and the directors made it as clean as possible with the setup in a fair fight. But there's a difference when you consider that a real person is being injured because of their opinion. That's the very sort of thing we should be trying to avoid as enlightened, modern human beings. The fact we can enjoy watching anyone getting tormented is a strong indication that we have a very long way to go before we can consider ourselves to be "civilized".

We allow our clever inventions and technologies to fool us into thinking we're some sort of advanced beings. The reality is that these brains are only marginally removed from those of humans who lived in the wild. When our gadgets, electricity and ready access to food and water fail us, we revert very quickly into blood-thirsty demons. Like it or not, most of us are only a month or so away from contemplating the consumption of a baby. This is why I am so disgusted with those who celebrate violence against a person just because they're a "hater" or what have you.

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I hope most of you realize that if white nationalists can't have their freedom of speech, neither can the rest of us.

Free speech is to be offered to everyone, or nobody at all.

2 people like this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Of course.

Freedom of speech protects you from the government, and that isnt really the issue here.

Not saying that guy had a right to punch him, obviously he diidnt and I am assuming he was slapped with an assault charge.

But when someone like Spencer purposely stands on a street corner and makes inflammatory statements in order to get a reaction from people, then we shouldnt be shocked when he gets a reaction from someone.

4 people like this.
  7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

A right straight-arm to the temple [​IMG]

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I get it now...you hate Democrats.

9. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

You don't get it at all. I don't hate anyone. I'm only recounting what I saw happen. If you go around looking for "haters" you'll surely find them. Look at all the people who openly hate Trump. Well, too fucking bad, he's the president now. I may not like it, but I won't wallow in denial like so many these days. The latest and most hilarious was Olbermann who has the nerve to "demand" that Trump resign. Which is laughable since he's griping about it from the basement of GQ. You just can't make all this mindless hate up.

10. DeputyHawk

DeputyHawk Members

Yes, yes but it doesn't make it any less hilarious when assholes reap what they sow.

11. stormountainman

Trump and Pence hate a lot. For starters, they hate Muslims, Mexicans, and non-Christians. The Trump ban on Muslims covers 7 nations who have had nothing to do with terror acts against America. Strangely enough, Trump's ban does not cover Egypt and Saudi Arabia where plenty of terrorists have come from, like the 19 high-jackers of 911; moreover, Trump's ban does not cover Chechenia, where the Boston terrorists came from, or Pakistan where the San Bernardino attacker came from. I don't understand who you are trying to defend; but, reading news reports leaves people with a variety of opinions.

1 person likes this.
  12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I think it's important not to normalize Trump and his core supporters. He lies like a used car salesman, continues to tweet policy positions that are extreme and erratic, and is churning out a flurry of executive orders that are downright scary: builing a wall, restarting pipelines, killing trade deals, targeting sanctuary cities, banning visitors and refugees. (Remember, Obama was called a dictator for using executive orders, but Republican hypocrites are fine with it as long as it's their guy doing it.) Trump's ban on travelers, immigrants and refugees from seven Muslim countries was applied to people already in flight at the time the order was signed, so that they're being detained in the U.S.. One of them was an Iraqi with a valid visa who'd been working for ten years in support of the U.S. I understand he's now been given a waiver, but only after his case received media attention. Others were seeking asylum, so they can't safely go back home. Detention without a showing of wrongful behavior is illegal, and the exemption for religious minorities escaping persecution suggests a careful targeting of Muslims. This isn't likely to help us win the hearts and minds of the Muslim allies we need to overcome ISIS. Being "good Germans", rolling over for Trump because he won the electoral college with support from Putin, Comey, and Republican voter suppression laws, would be a dereliction of duty and good conscience. Yes, Trump is our President and has the authority that goes with the office, but he deserves no more respect than he gave Obama when Trump fired the flames of Birtherism, which was another of his "alternative facts"..

2 people like this.
  13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Looks like Spencer and Jared Taylor are gaining ground in their bid to be recognized as the voice of the Alt Right. https://www.yahoo.com/news/stories-to-watch-the-alt-rights-next-move-100030101.html
    Now that Bannon is in the White House, and Milo is basking in the glory of his quarter of a million $ book contract, it's hard to keep the anti-establishment image that was their appeal to the gamers and lower middle class white male youth. The largely Jewish misogynists around Breitbart are having trouble keeping a common front with the Anti-Semitic Stormers and neo-nais in the movement, Is there a schism coming?

1 person likes this.
  14. stormountainman

Okie, you hit the nail right on. I was thinking about the odd couple alliance just as you have done. I just hope that in three years the sane people will work together and vote these ultra right wing miscreants out for good.

15. 6-eyed shaman

The problem with the "punch a Nazi" memes that are taking the internet by storm, is that it's gotten to the point where anyone who disagrees with a leftist is a Nazi.

Be ready to physically defend yourself. Take a self defense class, buy pepperspray, or a gun.

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Other than the attack on Spencer, is there evidence of others? And are they really targeting "anyone who disagrees with a leftist"?

17. 6-eyed shaman

the evidence is Antifa and the riots

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But who are Antifa? And are they just punching anyone critical of leftists? They wear masks. Could they be AltRight agents provocateur hired by Milo to get publicity, discredit his critics and sell his book? Or California Highway Patrol cops? http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/12/15/agent-provocateurs-at-berkeley-protests-theyve-done-it-before/ That might explain why the local police were so easy on them. A Leftist French source describes Antifa in that country as "just one of the international anarchist groups currently being used by the intelligence agencies of imperialist states to sow confusion and chaos among the ranks of disaffected youth, inciting them to mindless, violent acts that serve the agenda of an ever- encroaching police state." http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/09/25/the-death-of-free-speech-in-france/ Or maybe they really are anarchists. When my sisters were engaged in peaceful protest of the WTO in Seattle years ago, a similar group of masked folks showed up and began engaging in violence, triggering what's been described as a "police riot" in response. Anarchists are stupid. They play into the hands of the authorities. I haven't noticed a widespread national upsurge in physical attacks on anyone disagreeing with leftists jn this country though. Milo and his fans are well beyond the description of just disagreeing with the left. It always disturbs me when any speaker is shut down, even Milo. Kind of sacrilegious! But we needn't get paranoid about it yet.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont know if Antifa are really anarchists or agent provocateurs

But i do think it is ridiculous theyre being used so readily by the right as some sort of proof that all leftists must be violent.

Ther have been peaceful protests almost every day of Trump's presidency and hundreds of thousands of people have participated - and the masked anarchists/whoever they are, they constitute, what, a few dozen out of hundreds of thousands?

20. 6-eyed shaman

Oh yeah brah, Trump supporters are and alt-righters are sooo pissed off that Trump won and Milo got to speak at their college that they took to the streets, shut down the event, waged war on garbage cans, smashed Starbucks windows, set cars on fire, and maced young girls in the face for wearing MAGA hats. That's what REALLY happened. Who's the crazy conspiracy theorist now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.