Heil Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mellow Yellow, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

In under an hour the swamp will be drained into the white house, proving once again that our "democracy" is nothing but (if it were Bernie would be president). But hey, look at the bright side, Shillary and her ilk are out of the running, and the GOP, now having the "dream" situation of controlling all three branches of federal government, will inevitably piss off the general public to the point that they will be un-electable for generations to come, and Trump will be impeached.

Let the shit show begin!

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, I hope he gets impeached and soon ...but where does that leave us with Pence? UGH....Trump is in your face nasty, but Pence is a sneaky snake in the grass.

1 person likes this.
  3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Meanwhile in the UK - we cast an eye over at the colonists - and sigh

4. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I really doubt that the dems would get control for generations. They would get it until enough people get fed up. And that dosnt take long.

1 person likes this.
  6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The whole purpose of having elections is to provide the illusion of democracy when in fact no such thing exists. Bill Clinton mentor Carroll Quigley, a former Georgetown professor and high ranking member of the Council on Foreign Relations said that the two parties should be nearly identical while only appearing different at face value. That way once the people get sick of one party, they can vote that party out with there being little to no change in policy. This is why I can only laugh at people who take political sides, because the truth of the matter is that it makes no difference whatsoever who you vote for. The only purpose elections serve is to make the people think they have a choice. That is the farce of democracy in a nutshell.

2 people like this.
  7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I've heard several people mention impeachment for Trump. But what would the charges be? Congress can't just impeach someone because they don't like him, and the House is Republican controlled at the moment.

1 person likes this.
  8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Give it time, he'll fuck up.

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

There are those who claim he broke the emoluments clause:

10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

So, specifically, are you referring to his international business interests? Surely he's not the first president in history to hold interests in international commerce. My only familiarity of the emoluments clause concerns titles of nobility and such.

I doubt this will be considered cause for impeachment.

1 person likes this.
  11. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

For the last few decades your premise is exactly how it has played out. I think we have something different this time. A president hated by both sides of the aisle. Sure the republicans are posturing as if they "support" him, but the long knives are already sharpened. Kicking the insurance mandate out will benefit every wage slave out there. I'm very interested in his boasts about the gang problem as I am personally sick of them. Why on earth do we have national gangs? For that matter, why do we have union cops? And all this talk about impeachment being bantered about is just plain silly. Impeachment does nothing more than pack the wallets of Washington lawyers. Impeachment isn't some magical process that makes whiners happy. Still, it's interesting to see all the Monday morning "lawyers" coming out of the wood work with "proof" that he must be impeached. As if a guy who has lawyers of his own looking out for his and their interests would casually let some simple crap just slide by. Wishful thinking and industrial strength whining. But, this is America and we can't make laws against whining. But we do have laws against rioting and violence. I've accepted the fact Bernie isn't going to make it and I'm filled with joy to see the "Clinton Machine" finally seize up. I am interested to see how the arrogant billionaire deals with the whole show. After all, he's not getting paid. So many differences.

1 person likes this.
  12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I think all this stuff about the establishment hating Trump is deliberate, media-generated public perception to trick people who are disillusioned with the system into thinking there is hope and somebody who stands for the average person, thereby drawing people back into the illusion. The elite knew they needed to throw the people a curve ball this time around using reverse psychology. They did, and it has worked surprisingly well as lots of people seem to be falling for it. But the fact is, if the establishment really hated Trump, he would not have gotten anywhere near the Oval Office. Also, you don't become a multi-billionaire by being anti-establishment, and Trump's cabinet picks further prove this reality.

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I agree.

https://www.reference.com/history/many-first-44-presidents-united-states-were-democrats-ccf7cff831f35b88

This is nothing new. But people are reacting differently to Trump. It may be that everything will calm down in the days to come, or there may continue to be this sort of protesting behavior.

14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Obama's Noble Prize monetary award was allowed as it was from a private organization.

Andrew Jackson had to return a medal received from Bolivia.
    Van Buren received two horses, rose oil and water, shawls, a rug and a sword from Muscat, Congress allowed it so as not to offend the Iman.
    Washington received gifts from France, such as the key to the Bastille.
    In 1993 it was ruled that a members of a private agency advising the government could not receive payment from a foreign partnership that advised foreign governments.
    ETC.

All recent Presidents have taken care to avoid any apparent violation of the clause.
    Obama liquidated his assets, Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, and Clinton placed their assets in a blind trust and Jimmy Carter even turned his peanut farm over to a trustee.

However, there are problems with using this as a justification for impeachment, as the Republicans won't allow this to be a cause for impeachment...I'm sure. Even though they profess to stand for strict interpretations of the Constitution, when it comes down to it they only support strict definitions that support them or their causes.

In addition Trump is very secretive about his holdings, he has still not released his tax returns and probably never will. So we don't know what he owns, where his money comes from, what foreign entanglements he has, etc. For someone who ran on bucking the money interests his stance is very hypocritical.

Just another example of Trump mouthing off about how he's going to "make America great again" as he makes no effort to hide his efforts to enrich his own coffers.

15. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

By the way, congrats on the TV show, looks impressive!

And yes, of COURSE it's all theater. But you have to admit that something had to change. After squeezing the population dry with the housing bubble and draining their 401K accounts (long after stealing their pensions) something had to change. You can only get so much blood from the American turnip and a nation in poverty makes it tough to score a buck. So we'll probably get 8 years of "prosperity" before the next thrashing. After all, "The Swamp" is really our bank accounts.

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

The establishment probably realizes (now if not even before he was elected) that Trump is going to try and save them money, and by any means necessary. He's planning on cutting back on F35s? and F18s? That hasn't been discussed, at least not in recent memory.

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don't get how people buy that line anyway. Trump is the establishment. They are synonymous, interchangeable, one and the same. He may not be a career politician, but he is unarguably a man of influence, a man who is just as much in bed with thepowersthatbe as any Clinton, Obama, Bush, or any other name you could think of.

2 people like this.
  18. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

While a consistent majority of Americans have been insisting for decades that the government and mass media they call evil lie to them for their own protection (and are usually much too liberal about such things), they elected Trump on the promise he would drain the swamp and his swearing that all the accusations against him are lies and fake news. Meanwhile, the mass media has been wondering how to cover a president who contradicts every other word that comes out of his own mouth and who doesn't support either the democratic or republican party.

I think it was Al Capone who was asked how he became the crime boss of Chicago and his response was, "I was the best liar". He also said, "Capitalism is the legitimate racket of the ruling class." The more out of hand all the lies and power grabs become the more vicious this presidency is certain to be.

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That's what I liked about Al. He spoke his mind. Why can't we elect guys like that for President? Wait a minute. We just did!

1 person likes this.
  20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Something had to change? So far, it looks like more efforts to get more blood from the turnip. We aren't really a nation of poverty despite the dystopian campaign rhetoric. There's still plenty of blood for Trump and his billionaire cronies to suck dry. Wait till they start on Medicare and Medicaid, followed by Social Security. And the irony is, the folks who will suffer the most are the poor working stiffs who let themselves be conned and voted for this grifter--just like the ones who signed up for Trump University. I'm glad you put "prosperity" in quotes, cuz I see a recession in our near future.

1 person likes this.