When News Media Allow People To Show Their Ass, Whose "fault" Is It?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by drumminmama, Jan 18, 2017.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reading this
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/17/donald-trump-was-asked-to-name-one-of-his-heroes-his-answer-was-very-very-strange/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.7ae66e58df56

I started wondering about follow up questions.
    I'm open about being a former journalist. Indeed, my news career, 10 years, was spent as a member of the site.
    While I'm mostly recovering, I do get the itch.

Reading coverage of Trump, I think I'd be too exasperated to say much as a follow up besides "and what, exactly, does that mean in English?"
    I'd like to think I would have said, "so, you see yourself as entirely self made. Does that mean your failures are all yours as well?"

If you could have been there, what one, simple, direct question would you have asked?

Off to find some aspirin after that.
    Stream of consciousness is fine, in literature.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Ask Donald Trump?
    Why would I ask him anything...I know the answer to anything he would say and wouldn't believe him if he actually answered a question against anything that would affect his pride.

3. drumminmama

I think some hard ass reporters could push for some actual answers.
    And golly, they could have a year ago.

Typically, interviewing people, especially people with whom I disagreed, was fascinating.
    On occasion, I'd find some point of common ground, even if it was just coffee grounds.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Trump is his own hero. He's absolutely in love with himself.

I don't guess I would have asked him anything either...I would have just gotten the same kind of nonsense answer. But I am absolutely looking forward to his press conferences as POTUS! They should be like a Saturday Night Live skit every time.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

what's the point? it's not like he would ever give a real answer, and if i pissed him off i'd just have to hear all about him attacking me on twitter for the next several months.

6. drumminmama

Well you cannot use Twitter without "twit."

1 person likes this.