I Want To Travel Back In Time And I've Got A Low Tech Idea How To Do

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by All Love is Good, Jan 18, 2017.

1. All Love is Good

All Love is Good Members

I honestly believe that I suffer from Temporal Dysphoria and I should have been born in the 19th century. But for the time being I'm stuck here so I got to thinking about my options. There's no way CERN is going to be of any help to me, Doctor Who is a fictional character and my chances of finding a "Time Slip" are next to none. So... That leaves me with very few options and I think I figured out my best hope is to:

Travel backwards in time using the power of my mind.

I know it sounds weird but it's the only shot I've got and what can it hurt. I figure my best bet is to start with meditation and visualize the era I want to be in. If as the old shamans once said, "reality is an illusion" and if as physicists claim that "reality depends on perception" then I figure I've got a small chance of actually being able to transfer myself into the 19th century.

Anyone care to join me in trying this experiment? Perhaps we can even trade notes on our experiences.

1 person likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Travelling back in time is a fictional concept as well. We have the idea because people can think of it, just like we have dr. Who because people imagined him and made a show about it. Trying to go to a previous era in time by using the power of your mind is not gonna work sooner than looking for a time slip.

3. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

The dysphoria you sense is that you may have a sense of aristocracy deep within your bones. This culture of mediocrity and continued disregard of aesthetics may be bothersome for you. There is a distinct lack of opulence in society, people turning to videogames and anime to cope. It's completely understandable.

4. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Instant karma gonna getcha baby and the question to ask is why you are here in the present. Without the ability to accept your karma you will be stuck in time forever.

1 person likes this.
  5. Asmodean

I don't recognize that lack of opulance at all. And... the majority of people in the former century werent aristocrats ;) Depending where you go in the 19th century the richer folks would wear sober and black clothes too. I understand what you mean though, I just think it changed, not became absent. Just like the aristocracy is only one facet of the people in the 19th century, so are videogames and anime facets of todays culture. Wouldn't say everyone who digs either one of those is solely doing it to cope with something though (not sure you ment it like that). Or are you maybe talking about video games with historic settings?

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Huh?
    What?

don't know where you live, but I see no lack of "opulence" or disregard for aesthetics.
    What about the trend of body modification via tattoos and various piercings? Don't you view that as a desire to inject personal aesthetics into one's life?
    I see much more of an appeal to aesthetics in the common man than was capable a century ago.
    Kinda hard to be worried about esthetics whenever other things such as finding daily sustenance, disease, unsanitary conditions, etc.,etc. require one's attention.
    Don't romanticize the past
    I think the issue you see is your personal perception much more so than reality.

people turn to video games and anime' because humans have basically become lazy and allow technology to do the work for us.
    why read a book whenever you can play it and have all the pretty pictures drawn for you, giving your imagination a rest.

7. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

[​IMG]

8. Asmodean

Funny but nonsencial in the end. I could look up very different pics of the past and future and hit it on the nail as much as you do there. It's all what you focus upon. Like I said, the world wasn't solely visualized by the nobility/aristocracy.

Also we may not dig how certain people make themselves look today, but that says more about personal taste than a 'lack of opulence'.

1 person likes this.
  9. All Love is Good

All Love is Good Members

Wow this conversation certainly went all over the place.

10. morrow

morrow Visitor

That's typical of hip! Lol

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

12. All Love is Good

All Love is Good Members

I've been getting some very startling results from my meditation-thought experiments.

13. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

The personal taste is the lack of opulence. If the commoners have no taste for opulence, then how can opulence exist?

14. Asmodean

No, the personal taste of All love is good makes it appear to her that there's a lack of opulence in todays people and their outfits. That's what i was saying in that quote.
    Her assertion about a lack of opulence was about how people dress themselves in the present day, not the past.

15. Aside from just visualizing the time era, it might be a good idea to set up a room in your house that is period accurate. This may help to allow you to travel back in time.

1 person likes this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the past is full of might have beens, but i know my limitations of what i can expect to influence.
    there have been times and places here and there, but they all come and go,
    and you don't have to go to the past to see this, it never really stops going on.