Is It Too Late?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Captain Allan, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Captain Allan

Captain Allan Members

Is it too late to take legal action against a school in which horrible things happened to me?
    Apart from unending physical and emotional abuse from the other students [and a few old hags that hit me whenever they got the chance] I think the WORST thing that I witnessed at that school was sexual assaults.
    I talked about this once before about how a sex ed teacher gave her associate a handjob in front of the class [to the best of my recollection, nothing was done about that]
    And on an overnight trip, two of the teachers took advantage of some of the boys in the showers.
    I feel horrible about these things. They all happened 20+ years ago. Is it too late to do anything about it?

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I'm not sure about your country's law and if it's too late to take legal action.
    But I'd still talk about it even if it's too late. If this really happened everyone should know, and people in your community should talk about it. Especially if the perpetrators are sill alive (or even still working???). Never forget. I have no tolerance or forgiveness when it comes to child abuse.
    Either way, if you're thinking about telling someone those abused boys' names, you should first check with them if they're okay with it, and whether they want to take action.
    But even if they're not, I'd still talk about it, so people would know what terrible things happened in a place that was suppose to be safe, and by people who should be pillars of a community. I would just leave the boys' names out.

Good luck, and I hope it is not too late.

3. F6C

F6C Members

In the UK this is is being unearthed more and more and is taken VERY seriously with lots of convictions etc..

I think yoiu ought to talk to the authorities who I'm sure will view it very thoughtfully and considerately and hopefully you'll get some form of closure to this traumatic time in your life and those that inflicted this abuse will get the full weight of the law coming down on them.

Good luck

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  4. Captain Allan

Captain Allan Members

I've decided to take action. It might have been a long time ago but its about time I did something about it. I don't want anymore kids being harmed by those old perverts

3 people like this.
  5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Good luck!

6. F6C

F6C Members

Good for you Capt.

It's only when brave and courageous people like yourself make a stand that society stands up and listens.

Good luck

7. Captain Allan

Captain Allan Members

I spoke to the police yesterday. They are taking immediate action. Turns out it wasn't too late

2 people like this.
  8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

QUESTION:- Why Did You Wait 20 Years......???.

Here In My Town We Have People Waiting 60 Years Before They Decided To Act.

I Really Cant Follow It.......If Somebody Waited 20-60 Years Before They Made A Complaint

It Can't Have Been That Serious In The First Place.

Most Of The People Here Are Just Looking For Victims Compensation.

Then At The Age Of 70 And Having Been A Failure At Life They Find Themselves

Broke And Clutching At Straws, So They Go Back 60 Years Hoping To Find Some

Easy Money......

Cheers Glen.

9. Captain Allan

Captain Allan Members

The reason it took so long was because I was too young to understand that it was a form of abuse. I've also dragged my feet on the issue as I wasn't sure who to talk to about it

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

So.......Do You Intend To Seek Financial Compensation Over This Alleged Incident......?????

Cheers Glen.

11. F6C

F6C Members

Great news!

12. Captain Allan

Captain Allan Members

NO, I do not want any money nor do I want revenge. I just don't want the old perverts, hurting anymore kids

2 people like this.