Back Chat.

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Gangster Guru, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I use the term "Back chat" to describe the voices in our head that intrude and perpetuate negative stories about ourselves.Back chat is like an annoying person,who is somehow also our self,who constantly berates and heckles from within,always putting our poor essential self down and thwarting our plans and attempts to like who we are and be happy.

Back chat is the conscious ego voice that follows us wherever our more authentic real self goes.It constantly internalizes the criticism of others and tells us that we are not good enough,or strong enough to be successful in our lives.Stop and think about it for yourself.Have you never heard it? I think you now have the general idea.

Ways of calming back chat involve slowing down unnecessary internally spoken thought patterns by focusing on the breath,and trying to "feel" better rather than think better.It is not practical to stop thinking,but rather useful to try and engage daily in "doing" activities,like handiwork,creative work,exercise,cooking etc.Any activity where thought is guided into action.This will help stop the unnecessary babbling of our superficial "foreground" mind,which harbours the fear and doubt,and allow us to get in touch with the stronger core of our essential self.

Listening to Solfeggio tone frequency relaxation sounds is something I also find very useful.There are plenty of these on YouTube.

I have only recently begun to formulate my ideas about this subject,so if anyone has any other ideas,please identify and add here.