Christians Should Not Join The Military

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by thefutureawaits, Jan 9, 2017.

1. storch

storch banned

I don't take the Bible seriously at all. I brought up Moses and his hordes killing men, women, and children as a way to show the hypocrisy of those who might attempt to create a distinction between killing and murdering by using the Bible as a reference. It was murder at the behest of their god.

When a young man is forced into a situation where he must kill or be killed, I understand the necessity to defend himself. If, however, he is told to drop bombs on innocent people, that is murder. Will he be punished for not obeying the order to murder? Oh yeah. What a thing.

1 person likes this.
  2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Yeah...hence me starting with "True"

3. storch

storch banned

I understand. My only point is that dropping such a bomb on a city of innocents was an obscene method of deterring future attacks from others. They could have dropped it on a large forest of trees as a demonstration. But they didn't.

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Pearl Harbor could have gone on being a cushy spot for navy men...but it wasnt.

5. storch

storch banned

So the dropping of the bomb was revenge for the attack on Pearl Harbor?

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I believe so. Only one person knows for sure and he isn't talking.

7. John1234567

John1234567 Members

Crazy military on a suicide mission and innocent women, children and adults died at varying rates from nuckear poisoning.

8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Did Christ lead the crusades? Those were not real Christians who carried that out. Imitation christians, the weeds. Following thier father, Satan.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sure, every christian who joined the army (no matter what reason) was/is an imitation christian. Basically every christian who believes and/or acts differently than you is a false christian.

10. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

How many people did Jesus kill?

11. Asmodean

Irrelevant. You should just accept that not every christian believes or acts the way you do. If that isn't a possibility: tolerate it. Arguing on an internet forum where the majority seems not a practicing christian, and the ones who do aren't active in these kinds of discussions, is not getting you anywhere. You are entitled to have any principle you can come up with, debating them here will confront you with reality, which in the end will clash with a principle like you put in this thread title.

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

How many Christians are the son of god?

13. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

How is it irrelevant? Jesus set a model for his disciples to follow.

14. Asmodean

It is irrelevant in regard to the statement wether christians can join the military or not. You have a principle about it. And that's it.

15. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

have you ever heard the wheat and the weeds parable?

16. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

firstly not all who say they're Christian are Christian. we are all sons of God there are obedient Sons and disobedient Sons

1 person likes this.
  17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I don't think so. I'm the son of a marine a bum an alcoholic a deadbeat....hell maybe I am the son of god. Sounds like him

18. Asmodean

You're a child of God no matter if you disagree with that, Penguingsfan! Wouldn't dare to call you a christian against your will though :p

And some of those christians would say the same about you (certainly if you would really be a JW). So it seems subjective. Not absolute as you like to put it. Different believers all over the world, doesn't mean they are imitation or false at all. Some people just can't handle other believers who sincerely see and call themselves christian as well. They all have to be like you or they're fake. Sad, preposterous and pointless.

19. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Thinking about this, it occurs to me that in the gospel Jesus healed the servant of a Roman centurion. He didn't refuse because the man was a soldier, or tell him to change occupation. In fact he said the faith of the centurion was greater than that of many of the Jews, and 'marvelled' when the centurion said he was in a hierarchy of power and accepted that JC was too, so there was no need for him to go in person to do the healing.

Draw your own conclusions.

20. Asmodean

False gospel obviously ;)