Stubbed Toes Anyone?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by cantgobarefootenough, Jan 2, 2017.

1. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

rocks and surfaced roots get me quite often, specially when I walk in woods at night. once i got a cut that just didn't stop bleeding and i was far from my bike. had to tear out the lining of a pocket from my jeans in tatters since quite some time. with this improptu bandage i got thru the creeks up the hill and out of the woods but still had to kickstart my old cranky thumper... good that i didnt cut my sole.
    note: trimming big toenails short is not a good idea because the nail can actually absorb some shock and make the experience less painful

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know if anything has been proven one way or the other, but it seems to me like it's worse if there's a long toenail because it's likely to crack or bend backward and end up with blood as well as a stubbed toe.

on a side note, i also highly prefer keeping the big toenails short because it's damn near impossible to get the dirt out of the corners of that particular nail.

3. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

not too long: just flush with the toe.

4. lilajo

lilajo Members

Funny, I haven't stubbed my toe real bad since I was a kid. Then last night, I get up in the middle of the night to pee, and stub my toe on a box I left in the hallway and forgot about. Just a cardboard box, but I must have hit it just right, because dang! it hurt. Didn't bleed, but turned all black and blue. Today I go to hang out with a friend at his house. He's a barefooter as much as I am, so we usually don't need to mention the fact that we're barefoot, or have minor cuts or scrapes on our feet. But even he noticed, and was shocked that I managed to bang up my toe so good.

5. patmandu22

patmandu22 Guest

If you go barefoot with any frequency at all, it's going to happen from time to time.

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Commented on this thread before, still afraid of a jinx but I don't stub toes going barefoot anymore then I stub fingers going bare handed.

A stubbed toe is a teacher for like the sub conscious , does not take many to learn to watch wear you are going with out conscience effort even after a lifetime in shoes where you could just kick into things without consequence.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i rarely stub my toes barefoot or otherwise, but a stubbed toe in a shoe doesn't exactly feel good either.

8. goodearth

goodearth Member

I have a curved wicker sofa that the two end feet stick out further than the middle……………have whacked my toe on it a few times. Toe nail turns black and replaces itself. I'm a klutz inside but never stub my toes outside. I rarely fall skateboarding, but have sometimes tripped over a blanket hanging off the bed and sprained my ankle. DANG!!!