Acne Scar Treatment

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Beauty_and_brains, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Beauty_and_brains

Beauty_and_brains Members

I don't breakout very often, but when I do it takes a long time for the acne to go away. I have scars from my late teens years that are more noticeable during the winter months since I am pale. The scars aren't terrible, but they do bother me. I'm looking for a natural remedy to help treat these scars and hopefully even rid them.

I've read about a few different remedies like using coconut oil every night before bed, or even a mixture of baking soda and water as a mask.

Has anyone found anything that works? Any tips or ideas would be great. Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  2. footballalways

footballalways Banned

No first hand knowledge but I had a friend who had knee surgery and disliked the small
    scars and used something called Mederma (might have it wrong but something like that)

3. Dancing_Sun

Dancing_Sun Member

I hear essential oils are good. Im thinking myrrh or sandalwood. then good diet and a shit tonne of water.

4. LittleBee

LittleBee Members

I'd advise to see a doctor first but the well known treatments are:
    1) laser skin resurfacing;
    2) chemical peeling;
    3) mechanical peeling;
    4) collagen injections (as per my knowledge they are less effective).

All the above mentioned methods require time and patience and (!!!) regularity in order to achieve the best and lasting effect.

You have not had severe acne, haven't you? I know some people are prescribed to take roaccutane which has a lot of side effects and doesn't treat scars. Dealing with post acne is a long way to go.

If you have questions- ask away!