"the Master Game: Beyond The Drug Experience" By Robert S. De Ropp

Discussion in 'Metaphysics and Mysticism' started by Openmind693, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

I found this book in 1969 and devoured it. I then decided that the best game to play in life would be the Master game. The book breaks down the meta games we choose to play and their aim.

Master Game
    awakening

Religion Game
    salvation

Science Game
    knowledge

Art Game
    beauty

Householder Game
    raise family

No Game
    no aim

Hog in Trough
    wealth

Cock in Dunghill
    fame

Moloch Game
    glory or victory

When I was about 32 my wife and I went to a meeting at the local library advertised as " For those seeking spiritual friends". It was led by the elder monk of a local Buddhist church. Afterwards I began to visit the church and have discussions with him and another monk. One day we were discussing books that we had read that were inspirational spiritually. I mentioned "The Master Game" and how much it meant to me. They had the book in their library!
    We became involved in the church. They sold their house in town and moved out of town to a 23 acre plot of land with a small house on it, and an old garage and cottage. My wife and I then moved to a rental house just about 1/2 mile from the the new church land. I visited often and helped with clearing fields of trees and stumps so gardens could be planted, and painting the old buildings. After about a year my wife started to dislike the church, and began to drift to Druidism. We eventually realized we were going different directions and so we divorced. I asked the church if I could come and live there. We then started calling it a monastery, and I am still here. The elder monk died in 2004, and I became the eldest monk.
    I found a online copy of the "Master Game" in .pdf format. Most new browsers can bring it up to read. If you are interested in looking it over here is where to get it...

http://holybooks.lichtenbergpress.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Master-Game-By-Robert-S.-de-Ropp.pdf

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Sounds like Games People Play by Eric Berne

3. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

It is very similar in regards to our genetic patterns ( to make believe about our self-importance ). In both books the idea is that most of us are unaware of creating a false sense of identity. We are puppets and the string puller. I think that de roop's "The Master Game", has a direction that varies form "The Games People Play". He seems to be speaking to a more basic form of self-deception. Of which I think his ultimate goal, the Master Game, I think that is also self-deceptive.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't believe my game requires masters.

just the goodness of much that is strange,
    and the strangeness of much that is good.