Obama Is Sanctioning Russia Because...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aerianne, Dec 29, 2016.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I am still trying to figure out why the Russians thought this was necessary to turn around the election. Did they not already know their was an email scandal and did they not hear the things trump said on the trail?
    If they thought the DNC conspiring with itself was gonna suddenly make Republicans vote for Hillary or Democrats vote for Trump then they aren't really that smart.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Aka let's do our own little poll here. Who voted that changed their minds because of the emails?

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The motive might be a tad different as you think. It might not be about getting any specific candidate in office, it could be just to destabilize as much as possible. Divide and well not conquer perhaps (not the USA at least :p), but the more divided any western nation with influence is the better it suits Russia.

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

More divided? OK let's go with this one...have they not seen the american government in the past 16 years?

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You guys are talking like you believe that Russia actually did hack into the USA.

Where's the proof?

6. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

We don't need proof Aerianne. If the media says it's true then it must be true.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

2 people like this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

The Russians hack involved intricate software hidden in dash cam crash videos, that Obama and Hillary were watching on their iPhones..

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

To me it dosnt matter if they did so it's easier to just play along and say they did.
    It's like they are trying to say trump shouldn't be president because of a hack but the truth is that bernie should have have been the Democratic pick after the hack became public.
    So if Democrats are complaining they should look at themselves. And if Republicans are complaining ... well God damn come up with a better choice than a sleepy doctor. A creepy looking Spanish Texan. A Lil twerp that will be best known for making fun of the presidents penis size. A fat troll that closes bridges. And another wannabe royalty member that has to beg for his supporters to clap for him.

3 people like this.
  10. Aerianne

Yeah, I read that yesterday and it's nothing.

But security experts say that the document provides little in the way of forensic "proof" to confirm the government's attribution. Private security firms — like CrowdStrike, who investigated the DNC breach — went much further, they say.
    "The DHS statement is a restatement of already known public information, a series of technical indicators that are intended for use by cybersecurity professionals in finding and remediating APT28 malware on private sector networks, and some generic advice for companies as to how to improve their network security," said Matt Tait, founder of the U.K.-based security consultancy Capital Alpha Security.

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So let's look at this rationally for a moment.

We have 17 U.S. intelligence agencies that claim they have proof of the hack. Not 1, not 5, not 10...17.
    Here they are: Air Force Intelligence, Army Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency, Coast Guard Intelligence, Defense Intelligence Agency, Energy Department, Homeland Security Department, State Department, Treasury Department, Drug Enforcement Administration, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Marine Corps Intelligence, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, National Reconnaissance Office, National Security Agency, Navy Intelligence and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
    We can also throw in the FBI and the United State Cyber Command.

In addition we have a number of private firms that also claim they have proof.
    Here they are: CrowdStrike, Symantec, MicroSoft, Dell Secure Works, Fidelis, Cybersecurity, CitizenLab, and Mandiant.

Then we have evidence found by our allies:
    King's College at London found similar evidence of the Russian election hack, and various NATO nations have also reported hacks by Russia.

We have a motive:
    We know Putin hates Hillary Clinton because she publicly called him to task over Russia’s 2011 domestic election frauds and her support for Russian protests over that fraud.
    He hates Obama for his sanctions over the Russian invasion and annexation of the Crimea and he knows Hillary would have supported those sanctions if she were elected. And we know that Trump has repeatedly praised Putin, said he would repeal the sanctions, and has stated he would like to have warmer relations with Russia, probably to aid his business deals there.

Why do some not believe the Russians did it?
    We know that Trump won the Electoral College by a narrow margin and he lost the general election by a substantial margin. So any hint of Russian aid diminishes his win and would hint that Trump is now President because of the help of one of the most corrupt authoritarian leaders in the world. A man, just to remind everyone, that Trump has repeatedly praised.
    To admit that the Russians were involved in Trump’s win hints at poor judgment at the least and treason at the worse by those who deny the facts of the Russian effort.
    Many people prefer Vladimir Putin to the sitting President of the United States!
    Just stop and think about that all you “patriots”, lovers of freedom, and supporters of the Constitution.
    The man who invaded and annexed Crimea, supports Assad the butcher, blocked efforts to end civil war in the Sudan, threatens to invade Estonia (a NATO ally), was head of the KGB, harassed, intimidated, and imprisoned political activists, used polonium to poison Alexander Litvinenko in London, and disposed of critics such as Boris Nemtsov, Anna Politkovskaya, Sergei Magnitsky, Natalia Estemirova, Paul klebnikov, Sergei Yushenkov, Boris Berezovsky, Stanislav Markelov, and Anstasia Baburova. He's also the man who orchestrated show trials for Alesei Navalny, Sergei Udaltsov, Leonid Razvozzhaev, Mikhail Kosenko, Vladimir Yevtushenkov, Mikhail Khodorkovsky, Greenpeace and Pussy Riot.
    Or was that was Obama?

Why does it matter?
    There has never been an incident of this magnitude committed against the United States with the exception of Pearl Harbor and 9/11.
    If allowed to stand without a U.S. response, the U.S. and her allies leave themselves open to future cyber attacks that could influence, disrupt, or invalidate future elections; and or damage or destroy infrastructure, finances, private trade, companies, and the lives of private citizens.
    The Democrats were hit this time; next it could be the Republicans, the military or missile defense system, the power grid, etc.
    In addition, the Russians have managed to split the American public, as many of our own citizens, and even the president elect, now put more trust in Russia and Putin the strong, than they do their own government!

The Russians are laughing their asses off at how easy it is to fool the ignorant masses of the United states and some people continue to fall for their bull shit.
    ​They choose to believe the Russians over their own President, dedicated public employees and intelligent experts, private security firms, military, and U.S. allies.

Freaking Putin boot lickers and communist lackeys are the fools of the decade.

Here's how they did it, when I get time I'll summarize:

3 people like this.
  12. The Walking Dickhead

And then there's Donald Trump, who has just about upset every person in the US political sphere over the past year, then somehow managed to get elected.

Whenever the American political institution doesn't get what it wants it blames the Russians and will resort to any and all sorts of propaganda and lies to twist things their way.

They have a proven record of doing this that goes back centuries.

Anyone who buys this is either blind or.... ?

It is quite obviously an attempt to get Trump impeached, which to be fair I'm not necessarily against. That said, the old "we're the good guys, the commies are the bad guys" matra has become very tired and transparent.

13. Aerianne

I couldn't even get past this sentence.

It's crap.

The popular vote Clinton had over Trump was less than one half the population of Fulton County, GA, where Atlanta is.

I've seen nothing but the word "alleged" used in connection with any accusations of Russian interference with our Presidential Election.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a nap. I'm tired. I've done the best I could to achieve my tasks today, and I know when it's time to throw the towel in.

14. Asmodean

People should just buy the stance you are taking even though you're not making a convincing case (certainly not compared to the post above you). Just stating and calling a lot of things that you say are obvious. Btw there's a proven record people have been doing this for centuries ;)

Anyone who buys into something just because it sounds better but saw no proof should be wary of being blinded.

edit: @ walking dickhead

1 person likes this.
  15. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Well maybe you should try reading opposing views some time. You don't have to agree with them, but it does broaden your outlook on the world.

3 people like this.
  16. Asmodean

I can see why people think that but it is not obviously the truth. It's obviously a speculation that is based on an educated guess. Sorry if this annoys you. I understand. It just seems you pose a lot of things as certain or obvious that are only so for the people that already agree with you :p

17. The Walking Dickhead

No. It's patently obvious this is a tactic they are employing to try and get Trump out.

18. Asmodean

Like I said you are just stating that it is obvious. Again.. :p It doesn't make it so ;)

19. Asmodean

Maybe tell us another time. I heard repetition works.

20. The Walking Dickhead

Again, I'm not the mainstream media. This is still patently obvious whether I say so or not.

A man goes in to a bar. He wants a beer.

A woman goes in to a bar. The man buys the woman a drink. The man wants to have sexual intercourse with the woman.

These are examples of other things which are patently obvious, and also which donot require me to highlight this or become less patently obvious because I said they were obvious.