Obama Is Sanctioning Russia Because...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aerianne, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Trump was nominated against the wishes of the republican party leaders and his election is proof the entire system is breaking down thanks to all the corruption the American public themselves have supported and encouraged. There was hardly a whimper when congress started gerrymandering the system to death, hardly a sound when they created the world's largest prison system and suspended our constitutional rights indefinitely, hardly a complaint when the billionaire mayor of NYC arrest 26 reporters in one day, only a few marching in the streets demanding the Wall Street fraudsters serve time in jail for bankrupting the American public, hardly a noise when congress authorized the military to herd citizens like cattle into camps if they deemed it necessary, giving them so much power even the military themselves objected. Next come the robots which will make all of our guns useless.

Star Wars Princess Padme observed, "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause" and now I'm waiting for the next Julius Caesar to march his army into Rome.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

this Obama administration reminds me of "that kid" who doesnt help build the sandcastle at the beach but then comes to play around it and then smashes it to bits when his mommy says its time to go home

3 people like this.
  3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As I have said, you can believe whatever you wish to....and since my speaking simply ...people miss on deeper meanings...It all starts with the man in the mirror.....look at what goes on on personal levels...and you expect anything to be good on grander scales?
    I mind my own business...I am not in other country's business.....I am not in anyone's business that does not involve me...there...it started with one man in the mirror, or one woman in this case...,...me.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thats all fine and dandy but I dont think the US has ever decided not to stage a coup or engineer a foreign election just because moonglow is a good person lol

The US government is reaping what it has sowed

2 people like this.
  5. Moonglow181

My point is that I can only be me...i cannot pay for the sins of others forever....I can do only what I can do.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Trump will be able and likely to repeal these sanctions when he takes office.I think Obama is just trying to cause as much damage as he can in the time he has left.

1 person likes this.
  7. If the government looked to the people to set an example for it, it wouldn't be corrupt. By and large the American people are very decent. They're honest, loyal, hard working, and caring. So yes, I do expect things to be good on grander scales. I expect the American people to have a voice in their government, not for it to be drowned out. We have done nothing to deserve any less.

As far as looking at the man in the mirror goes, I am not a hypocrite. I grant people the same respect I give to myself. If I were communicating illegal activities through email and someone hacked the emails and I got found out, that would just be tough shit for me. I would have had it coming, and these people who are being exposed also have it coming.

This isn't license for anyone to hack anybody's email and make it public, but the public itself is what doesn't grant this license. If there were an organization making people's illicit but not illegal emails public, there would be public outcry against said organization. So it's really not a matter of people not respecting other people's privacy. Nobody's getting their jollies off in some kind of voyeuristic fashion reading Hillary Clinton's emails. All we want out of it are the facts that pertain to us, that certainly are our business. To this end I think WikiLeaks should omit people's deeply personal yet legal activities from their leaks. But thus far that hasn't been a problem, so maybe they do do this. I'm not sure.

In any case, I believe our government is so blatantly corrupt that it justifies people spying on it.

8. Moonglow181

The so called grossly negligent emails again!...she screams running out of the room....They are going to seem like child's play with what is coming in from the horizon....and talk about corruption. I am afraid we have never seen the likes of the corruption that is headed this way.......I don't know who is scarier...trump or his supporters.

World domination is headed this way...Democracy and freedom are going to be long gone., I am afraid.

9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Moderator Hat On:

This thread has wandered off topic.

Get it back on the subject of Obama and Russia's sanctions.

Thanks.

10. Aerianne

It's like we're seeing a side of Obama that we haven't seen before...

[​IMG]

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yawn

Seriously, if I have to read another friggin story about those friggin emails.....

Imagine if WWIII breaks out becuase of those stupid bloody Podesta emails

1 person likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Personally I think he has some valid reason to do this. Just because we don't have the proof of what some hackers tried to do doesn't mean there's no valid reason for this action at all. I'm not sure. But it seems a bit unsettling how sure you are.
    Obama doesn't have the reputation resorting to such decisions for bogus reasons. To put it as if he's doing it now he still has the chance just to make some impact against Trumps seemingly pro russia policies like an angry kid is also a bit laughable. I mean the next president can turn it back. The reason doesn't hold up: if it was done for a bogus reason he knows it wouldn't hold up and it would end his presidency with an unneeded and inevitable low. Nobody wants to go in the history books like that.

What is the most convincing reason that the statement that the russians TRIED to influence the american elections is bullshit fake news? That it was revealed to the public after the elections?

13. Aerianne

You sound as if you think he is making rational decisions on his own behalf. I find that laughable.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well that is just how it sounds then. I know of course he's not on his own :p

So why are you certain he has no proof or valid reason to act on the argument that russian hackers were hired to try to influence the american elections? Is it so unbelievable to you that russians would do such a thing? Is it hard to believe that he and others in charge know more than he has been telling the american public? I understand that on itself could be a reason to distrust the american government or president. I see the use in considering the possibility that the hacking was an inside job by americans. I find it terribly unwise and unneccessary to claim with certainty how dubious Obama is acting here. Unless of course you know for sure. Are you? How so?

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

you know you are going to end up eating those words as more and more evidence is coming forward.

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

certainly much more rational than his upcoming replacement has been making.

1 person likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If there is proof though, Oi

Someone please shoot Assange

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

MeAgain seems to be finding it, so........

19. Aerianne

If it's true, then the Obama administration did a lousy job of protecting our national security.

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL

1 person likes this.