Obama Is Sanctioning Russia Because...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aerianne, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The immediate impact of the president's executive order is that 35 Russian diplomats will be expelled from the U.S. and two Russian compounds will be closed.
    The statement also names Russian individuals and entities — including two intelligence services — to be targeted by new sanctions.
    "We will continue to take a variety of actions at a time and place of our choosing, some of which will not be publicized," the statement goes on to say. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/29/507430861/u-s-retaliates-against-russia-over-cyberattacks

I think it's wrong.

There's no proof.

1 person likes this.
  2. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

If there was proof then the election result would be wrong, and they'd have to impeach Donald Trump. I sense a cunning plan...

3. Aerianne

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange — the one person with critical firsthand knowledge — vehemently denies the Russians provided the DNC and Podesta documents, saying the caches didn’t come from hacks at all, rather, an insider leaked the information for transparency’s sake.
    Further, several veteran Intelligence officials, including former CIA analyst Ray McGovern and NSA whistleblower William Binney, issued a statement in agreement with Assange, noting, in part, “harder evidence of a technical nature points to an inside leak, not hacking — by Russians or anyone else.”
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/no-evidence-hacking-obama-punishment/#eAgSbiJMqwGr2gAA.99

Fake News is what's being fed to the public.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But ze russians are coming!!

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Trump will be able and likely to repeal these sanctions when he takes office.I think Obama is just trying to cause as much damage as he can in the time he has left.

1 person likes this.
  6. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I believe he has proof to do this, and you like having the Russians on our ass and meddling in our elections?

1 person likes this.
  7. The Walking Dickhead

If the Russians really did hack the election then why the fuck did it take weeks for this to come out? So much for the CIA and the NSA, fat lot of good they are doing their jobs. More chance of Jason Bourne hacking in and fixing the election. Get real. This is bullshit fake news designed to turn politics and democracy into an even bigger joke than it already is.

8. Moonglow181

We are all entitled to believe what we believe...I believe in obama more than alot of them.
    You can believe what you want to. I won't tell you to get real. I am REAL!...as real is you are gonna get.

1 person likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

A reason could be that they thought breaking that news during the elections could have worse results than coming with it afterwards.

10. storch

storch banned

William Binney, former Technical Director, World Geopolitical & Military Analysis, NSA; co-founder, SIGINT Automation Research Center (ret.)

Mike Gravel, former Adjutant, top secret control officer, Communications Intelligence Service; special agent of the Counter Intelligence Corps and former United States Senator
    Larry Johnson, former CIA Intelligence Officer & former State Department Counter-Terrorism Official

Ray McGovern, former US Army infantry/intelligence officer & CIA analyst (ret.)

Elizabeth Murray, Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Middle East, CIA (ret.)

Kirk Wiebe, former Senior Analyst, SIGINT Automation Research Center, NSA (ret.)
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

These guys say:

Again, NSA is able to identify both the sender and recipient when hacking is involved. Thanks largely to the material released by Edward Snowden, we can provide a full picture of NSA’s extensive domestic data-collection network including Upstream programs like Fairview, Stormbrew and Blarney. These include at least 30 companies in the U.S. operating the fiber networks that carry the Public Switched Telephone Network as well as the World Wide Web. This gives NSA unparalleled access to data flowing within the U.S. and data going out to the rest of the world, as well as data transiting the U.S.

In other words, any data that is passed from the servers of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) or of Hillary Rodham Clinton (HRC) – or any other server in the U.S. – is collected by the NSA. These data transfers carry destination addresses in what are called packets, which enable the transfer to be traced and followed through the network.

Packets: Emails being passed across the World Wide Web are broken down into smaller segments called packets. These packets are passed into the network to be delivered to a recipient. This means the packets need to be reassembled at the receiving end.

To accomplish this, all the packets that form a message are assigned an identifying number that enables the receiving end to collect them for reassembly. Moreover, each packet carries the originator and ultimate receiver Internet protocol number (either IPV4 or IPV6) that enables the network to route data.

When email packets leave the U.S., the other “Five Eyes” countries (the U.K., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand) and the seven or eight additional countries participating with the U.S. in bulk-collection of everything on the planet would also have a record of where those email packets went after leaving the U.S.

These collection resources are extensive [see attached NSA slides 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]; they include hundreds of trace route programs that trace the path of packets going across the network and tens of thousands of hardware and software implants in switches and servers that manage the network. Any emails being extracted from one server going to another would be, at least in part, recognizable and traceable by all these resources.

The bottom line is that the NSA would know where and how any “hacked” emails from the DNC, HRC or any other servers were routed through the network. This process can sometimes require a closer look into the routing to sort out intermediate clients, but in the end sender and recipient can be traced across the network.

The various ways in which usually anonymous spokespeople for U.S. intelligence agencies are equivocating – saying things like “our best guess” or “our opinion” or “our estimate” etc. – shows that the emails alleged to have been “hacked” cannot be traced across the network. Given NSA’s extensive trace capability, we conclude that DNC and HRC servers alleged to have been hacked were, in fact, not hacked.

The evidence that should be there is absent; otherwise, it would surely be brought forward, since this could be done without any danger to sources and methods. Thus, we conclude that the emails were leaked by an insider – as was the case with Edward Snowden and Chelsea Manning. Such an insider could be anyone in a government department or agency with access to NSA databases, or perhaps someone within the DNC.

1 person likes this.
  11. Aerianne

I don't believe the Russians attempted to meddle in our election.

12. How were the elections rigged by the Russians? I would like to know. And how can you be so pissed at Russia for interfering with our elections when the US interferes with elections around the world all the damned time. You think the US doesn't have a propaganda machine of its own? Well that's just silly.

They're just pointing to the Russians to try and distract from all of the things that were exposed by the WikiLeaks. Democrats are essentially dead in the water as soon as the smoke clears.

Funny how some people believe what a CIA official says about the Russians without any suppoting evidence, yet they refuse to believe that WikiLeaks contain an ounce of truth. Especially since the CIA has a track record of dishonesty, while WikiLeaks has just the opposite.

13. Aerianne

Barack Insane Obama.

14. Moonglow181

I do not mess in Russia's business...nor in any other country's business...and same is true on personal levels......so why don't you ask the Americans who do.....In turn, I do not want them in my business...Kapish?

15. The Walking Dickhead

Barack Insane Clown Puppet Obama

1 person likes this.
  16. Aerianne

"Meh..."

[​IMG]

17. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Barack Obama welcomes terrorists to our shores, but draws the lines at peaceful Russian diplomats.

1 person likes this.
  18. On a personal level, Russians don't mess in your business. Their government does. Just as your government messes in theirs. So if you don't want the Russian gov't messing in your business, why don't you tell your own government to stop messing in the Russian people's business?

This whole thing is effing ridiculous. Like, gasp, the Russians are involved in spying and propaganda?! We haven't been acutely aware of that since the 1950's! The only reason it's being brought up now is to distract from the Democrats' sunken ship -- to distract from the fact that we have actual proof that they did conspire to rig elections in this country.

I mean WTF??? I'm supposed to be furious with the Russians for trying to influence the elections, when I know for a fact that the DNC rigged the elections? And I'm not supposed to believe WikiLeaks, which has a track record of excellence, but I'm supposed to believe the CIA which lies out its ass all the damned time??? This is too much. And it's not going to work. The Democratic party either obeys progressives now or the Democratic party is over, simple as that.

5 people like this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^agreed.

Even if Russia did hack our election (what does this even mean, is the US govt accusing them of hacking.voting booths or just emails?) you would have to be really naive to believe the US didnt have it coming

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

Help us Obi Wan Cheetos, you're our only hope..

[​IMG]