Methylone - Current Thinking

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by thismoment, Dec 28, 2016.

1. thismoment

thismoment Member

Not that I was given two caps of "molly" that tested as bk-mdma. Sigh. Does anyone have anything to say about methylone? What sorts of experiences are people having? I took methylone several times a few years ago and it was pretty good, but not as good (magic) as mdma, I thought.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The entactogenic "touch" aspect of methylone is quality. But it didn't break down emotional barriers or make music feel so monumental for me the way MDMA does. Nor did I really get much in the way of tracers or some of the visuo-tactile psychedelic sensations that I get from MDMA.

I feel less spaced out on methylone than on MDMA and in this respect, I see it might be useful for many environments where it may be more difficult to maintain while on MDMA.

1 person likes this.
  3. thismoment

thismoment Member

X-posted in Psychedelic Bump: We drove to the Pacific side of a low mountain in California. We walked along a signed trail, then on unnamed trails along the sensuous rounded hills rolling off the mountain to a place in the sun and trees (where we each took a strong dose of methylone) overlooking the sea on one side and the hills on the other side. In the sun, in the wind, in the golden afternoon, on the soft hilltop talking of love, of people we love, of regrets, now dancing in the sun, embracing. Oh! As the sun began to set and the cool rolled in we walked – a long walk – back to the car. The City rising like Atlantis in the far distance. Hail Atlantis! It was an epic drive home. Neither of us felt like eating, so we took a long deep bath together in the warm candle-lit bathroom.

The methylone was harder on our bodies than we liked (this may be age related - both of use are over 60). While we had some beautiful times, it was not as magical as mdma. It was markedly non-sexual, though intimate as noted above. Neither of us are inclined to repeat the experience. And we have magical times anyway.