Amy Schumer To Play As Barbie In Upcoming Film

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Fueled by Coffee, Dec 24, 2016.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

pixee fox

2. Scratched

Scratched Members

Considering the Political Correctness thing these days, she's a BBW, which means she should be left alone.
    Also, considering Barbie recently turned 50, she should realistically be allowed to be a bit heavier. I'd do her.

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There is nothing wrong with Amy from what I have seen or know of her. She seems like a real person that I wish I knew. It is the same way i feel about Kathy Bates....real people not giving little girls unreal expectations about themselves...Everyone getting botox, fake boobs, etc....i saw a before and after collage of many stars earlier today of how they looked now and then before plastic surgeries, botox lips that make them look like fish lips......and grossly, some of them do not even look like themselves anymore, and I ask WHY?

1 person likes this.
  4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Has this film been made yet? I know nothing about it, except for this thread. If not, maybe she will lose a ton of weight and surprise you. If she doesn't lose any weight, the film will probably be funny and heartwarming....just some thoughts.

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I liked some of her sketch show but she kind of annoys me now. Her stand up is pretty one dimensional.

6. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Didnt this lard arse say she was gonna leave the country if Trump was elected?? get the fuck out!!!!!

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I find most female stand ups to be one dimensional and and they often will have to go overboard with their dirtyness for some reason. Like they get real filthy sometimes with sex and male comedians don't need to do this.

I think I'd be pretty good if I could delivery to a public audience but my style is like, stupid observations and accents and voices, almost like improv..

1 person likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If she would try to lose a lot of weight for this role I would say they should have casted another person in the first place.

If they wanna have a 'curvier' woman to portray Barbie, uhm, who cares exactly? Who is the targeted audience? I would assume kids :p

Yeah it was ok but it is getting repetitive. About a woman like Schumer playing a role like Barbie: The idea that a role like Barbie must be played by a woman with a tiny waste and big knockers is understandable: I don't like a wellknown fictional character like Bond to be a short blonde guy all of a sudden :p He used to be tall and dark haired right.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

there'll be a black bond soon i bet :d

10. morrow

morrow Visitor

Barbie is closer to 60 than 50!, She came into the world's screen early 1959!
    About time they did a nana Barbie, with a few wrinkles, and grey hair!

1 person likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

12. Asmodean

Yeah! And Donald Duck should show signs of aging too. It is outrageous keeping them the same age!! ;)

1 person likes this.
  13. Asmodean

If I would be casted to play Donald Duck in a movie I would refuse to wear pants. I just care a lot about accuracy.

1 person likes this.
  14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

As I Likewise.... :)

Cheers Glen.

15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Oh No!

Schumer just canceled her role and the whole Barbie movie!

Dang it. I was really looking forward to Amy making a total ass of her vulgar unfunny self, and ruining the entire Barbie franchise, while feminists and the liberal media vilify anyone who didn't like the movie as a sexist. Just like they did with Paul Fieg's ghostbusters movie.

16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Did they say why?