What Kind Of Music Do You Like

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Beautiful Erica, Dec 23, 2016.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Brought up with The BeaTles, that Led up to Zepp, - through the Glam, Punk and Disco to a bit of the rest.
    So I guess
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuOUsUI0jks

2. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

The Incredible String Band is the only thing that I listen to.

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Mostly all kinds of music.
    There are a few types I don't care for, but such is life.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I mostly listen to old rock & roll...Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Boston, Meatloaf, etc., etc. You get the picture.

P.S. I got to go see Stevie Ray Vaughan in '89...AWESOME!!

5. thelittlewilliam

thelittlewilliam Members

I'm listening to psychedelic rock, especially jefferson airplane and country joe and the fish!

magickman likes this.
  6. Classic39

Classic39 Members

My favorites at the moment would be classic rock, rock, blues, and jam band. I've played guitar now for about 20 years on and off and it has always been a big part of my life.

There had always been something special about jamming with someone and communicating on a non-verbal level.

Probably been a good 5 years since I've played seriously but I do miss it.

7. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Dislike hip hop & pop.Im into rock,Indie,and alternative.

8. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I like 60-90's pop & rock, ballads, power ballads, 90's dance music, some metal & modern electro (especially when lifting weights) & occasionally classical, some rap (but not much) & a few other bits & bobs.

9. kelleyandsusan

kelleyandsusan Member

1 person likes this.
  10. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Wee I cut my teeth on and grew up with Classic Rock. Having grown up in middle-class California suburbia in the 1980s, I think it was sort of required. Might've been a state law, as far as I know.

Since then I've expanded my tastes a lot. I got into country when I moved to Texas about a dozen years ago. And over the past few years have come to love Classical and Jazz. My wife is a classically-trained violinist. I like to listen to Classical in the evening, usually when I'm reading or studying. Jazz too. Anything that's without lyrics and is soothing. I never thought I'd attend a symphony or a concerto but she dragged me along a few years ago and I found myself liking it tremendously. She tried to even teach me a few basics on the violin, but, man, that is ONE tough instrument. I never could get the hang of it, and stopped trying all together out of frustration. LOL

11. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

I love listening to different types of music, from oldies to classical. When I was younger I started off listening to classical rock and when through different phases as I was growing up. Now I listen to pretty much anything: classical rock, alternative rock/grunge, ambient and classical music, new wave, different kinds of 80's music, shoegazing, dream pop, trip-hop, chillwave, electronic. Always try to leave myself open to different kinds of music. Before I go to bed I usually listen to meditation music. It's very soothing to listen too before I go to bed.

1 person likes this.
  12. amber adam

amber adam Members

Music goes with mood, however I particularly enjoy 20th century avant-garde, musique concrete, contemporary classical, kosmische musik, electronic music of the late 1950s to the early 1970s, big band, funk, afrobeat, jazz, ambient, drone and downtempo, but I am always interested in hearing something new because you never know what you could be missing out on.

13. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

today is a punk day. but tomorrow will be something else i'm sure

i can't stand people who put themselves in a box (some of my friends are strict metal heads..)
    embrace variety! though in saying this

i will admit i can't get into jazz... though i appreciate it. and i find motown obnoxious. its' not as good as everyone bangs on about, to me, because it was quite one dimensional.

14. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I listen to a lot of different stuff but I have to say my favorite bands are Creedence Clearwater Revival, Pearl Jam, The Beatles, Dave Matthews, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, among others... I like music that is mellow for the most part but I pretty much enjoy anything in the rock genre... I enjoyed bands like The Gin Blossoms, Blink 182, John Mayer, Nirvana in the 90s

15. sickgirl

sickgirl Members

Industrial, gothic, electronic, I love dj sets, 70's and 80's, rock, some metal, some rap and hip hop & r&b. I'm pretty open minded.

16. cherrypiefly

cherrypiefly Guest

Rock and techno, mainly

17. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Trance
    Dance mixes
    Alternative
    Arabic/Middle Eastern
    Indian meditations
    Sometimes, jazz and country

1 person likes this.
  18. Jude96

Jude96 Members

"I'm an artist. Give me a tuba and I'll get something out of it." -John Lennon

All music is great... personally I enjoy rock/folk type of stuff but I'll listen to almost anything

19. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I went to a wedding recently (kind of) with middle eastern music and dances... it was hard to keep up but very fun,especially after 4 or 5 drinks lol

1 person likes this.
  20. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

lol Ah, I bet that was a fun time! The melodies and sounds are so different than mainstream music we're used to. I like meditative type middle eastern music too, it's so moving. :) And middle eastern food is to die for.