Condom And Contraceptive Pill Used Correctly = Zero Chance Of Pregancy?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by Lrobertson, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Lrobertson

Lrobertson Members

Me and my girlfriend last had sex on Friday and she stopped her contraceptive pill on Sunday. She thinks she's late on her period but isn't too sure and she's getting worried. I used a condom and I'm certain it didn't rip or break or anything along those lines. If both are used and she comes off her pill 2 days after, is there no chance of pregnancy?

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

No chance! If she has been taking her pill according to the pack, and for at least 4 months!

3. Amaries

Amaries Members

Only abstinance is zero chance! It takes longer than 2 days for conception. Most likely not. You really should learn the female reproductive cycle, It will help you understand when she is most able to become pregnant. If you start tracking her periods and learn her cycle you won't need to worry as much(Rythm Method). You'll feel more confident about the situation, it won't be the last one!
    Here is some information on potential mistakes in condom use.
    https://www.sharecare.com/health/sex-and-relationships/article/top-condom-mistakes

P.S.
    I got pregnant with my first child using acondom(condom looked intact) and contraceptive foam.
    Women can be late for a myriad of reasons including stressing about pregnancy. Relax and wait.

4. Lvlygrl

Lvlygrl Members

I was on b/c for 12 years and never used a condom with my hubby and we never got preggo. It took 6 months for the pill to completely leave my system before we had a chance of conceiving.
    I totally agree with Amarie, you'd really need to know your girls cycles, there is a short window of opportunity for anything to take place. And ya, women's cycles can be thrown off because of the smallest amount of stress.
    I wouldn't worry but do keep track of her cycle....if she's like a week late, then maybe get tested.

5. Nokturnal

Nokturnal Members

Sorry that it's an old post but:

She could still get pregnant. Neither the pill or condoms are 100% effective. So you would have admittedly small odds but odds none the less!

Be safe :)

Namaste