Click to shop at FS Books
Photo
- - - - -

Political And Socioeconomic Inequality In The U.s.: Who Governs?

democracy elites the 1% income inequality

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#131 Jafian

Jafian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted December 27 2016 - 08:03 PM

To your first point, you are correct.  You are not going to argue about the Federal Reserve.

To your second point, I would say that you contradict yourself.  In a previous post, speaking to what you described as an attitude of a dark, defeatist state of mind, you said:  "You don't have to go out and wave signs or write letters or sign petitions or even vote. You just put on your shades, sit back and talk about how naive people are who do such things."   Now you are saying that my version of waving a sign doesn't pass your sincerity test.  This is me waving a sign or writing a letter.  And on top of that, you also attempt to use my sign-waving as occasion to psychoanalyze me, calling me depressed.  My guess is that being majorly depressed, as you say you are, has caused you to see everything and everyone through the filter of your dark perspective.

To your third point, you did not answer my question.  I told you that I'm spelling out the problem, and then asked you to go ahead and balance that out with the solution to the problem.
 ‚Äč

Yes you are waving a sign. It says that the fed has absolute power and we are all fucked. Thank you for sharing. As I said I would, I will now conclude that you are a good person who has lost objectivity. Nice chatting w you.

#132 storch

storch

• PipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted December 27 2016 - 08:06 PM

Yes you are waving a sign. It says that the fed has absolute power and we are all fucked. Thank you for sharing. As I said I would, I will now conclude that you are a good person who has lost objectivity. Nice chatting w you.

So now, stating an objective fact is a sign of a loss of objectivity.  That's an interesting proposition. 

Edited by storch, December 27 2016 - 09:01 PM.

#133 Jafian

Jafian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted December 27 2016 - 10:45 PM

But if you have the patience, have at it. More power to you.

Nah. It's hopeless. :-)

#134 storch

storch

• PipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted December 28 2016 - 11:38 AM

Nah. It's hopeless. :-)

You're right.  Denying facts is hopeless.  Good luck anyway.

#135 Okiefreak

Okiefreak

• PipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted January 15 2017 - 06:30 PM

A recent study by Oxfam, an international charitable organization dedicated to combating world poverty reported that the wealth of just eight individuals equals that of about half the world's population. https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/jan/16/worlds-eight-richest-people-have-same-wealth-as-poorest-50   The eight are, in order of their wealth, Bill Gates; Spanish fashion house mogul Amancio Ortega, Warren Buffett,  Mexican business magnate Carlos Slim Helu, Amazon boss Jeff Bezos, Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg, Oracle's Larry Ellison and Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York. Buffett has willed his fortune to the Gates Foundation, which is dedicated to worthy causes.

Edited by Okiefreak, January 15 2017 - 06:31 PM.

#136 Okiefreak

Okiefreak

• PipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted March 08 2017 - 09:18 PM

Maybe this dog still has some life in it after all. There seems to be a conspiracy theory revival going on another thread.

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop