Drug And Alcohol Assessment Questions...

Discussion in 'Drug Testing and Legal Issues' started by tomhug, Dec 5, 2016.

1. tomhug

tomhug Members

I was put on supervised probation less than a month ago and have had 2 meetings with my probation officer already with no drug testing being done. I have a drug and alcohol assessment scheduled VERY soon and I know for a fact that I will fail a drug test if I am given one, are drug tests typically administered at these assessments and if I fail one will it be a violation of probation or is it basically a test to see where I currently stand for future testing by my probation officer? I was charged with simple possession/casual exchange with 1 year supervised probation. Blount County, Tennessee.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

these are questions you should have asked when you found out about the probation...i get it, you dont want to because you are afraid you will look guilty. you should have definitely asked your lawyer though, he/she is the best person to give you advice on such a matter.

as an aside note what will you fail for?

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Usually how it works is that your first drug test will be a baseline. You are allowed substances in your system at that time because it is assumed you are are an addict that is why you are there. After that test the levels of every drug must go down with every test after eventually reaching zero. You will only violate probation if drug levels go up.

This is assuming your charge is weed. I am not sure how tolerant they will be for other drugs but with people I know in this situation weed and alcohol were allowed at first then expected to be gone.

However if you want to make a good impression with your probation officer who probably has the option to take you off drug testing or eventually probation completely it would not hurt to make sure you test zero to start with. It's proactive and it says hey maybe I don't have a drug problem look how I quit