Few Questions About Hi/rp Reduction Of Pseudoephedrine And Pill Extraction

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by compounds, Nov 30, 2016.

1. compounds

compounds Members

Hi!

I hope I don't look ignorant, I have done my research on the subject but some of the
    clandestine chemistry is not well explained.

So, I'm trying to make some methamphetamine via the HI/RP reduction of pseudoephedrine.
    I can get my hands on pills that contain 500mg acetominophen(paracetamol) and 60mg pseudoephedrine hcl
    Those also contain Talcum powder, cross-carmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, modified starches
    and povidone.

From what I found those fillers are insoluble in ethanol except the povidone, so if I use denatured alcohol
    for extraction I will end up with a mix of acetominophen/pseudoephedrine and some povidone.

But I haven't been able to find out how to separate the acetominophen?
    It has melting point of 170C while the pfed has 182C but I don't think this can be used with
    small qwantities at home setup...

From what I red povidone won't mess the reaction.
    After the reduction is done I think to wash with toluene and bubble HCl, because I have really rudimentary
    equipment and no experience and I will probably mess up if I attempt the steam distillation.
    My question is will the povidone come out with the toluene and the meth freebase?

Also is it harmfull and how much it might be?
    Around here the meth is not with good quality, it is cloudy wet paste that melts in your pocket and
    you cut your baggie and scrape with knife to snort, so purity is not that much of an issue
    as long as it is at least 50-60% pure and has no harmless or nasty inpurities.

I think to attempt this with 8g of pfed and get the equivalent of 4g pure meth so I can cut it to 7g 60%
    With 90% extraction and 70% meth yield I get 5g, so I think it is feasible to end up with that ammount.

Will very much appreciate your help and your opinion, thank you!

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Why would anyone want to make, much less use, meth??

3. compounds

compounds Members

Well, because many people use it and like it. I'm personally not a big fan because it's dirty around here because it's all manufactured by stoned idiots at home by shake and bake, but I know many people that take it, actually most of my friends do.

I have always dreamed of having a lab in my basement and being able to produce purest and most potent drugs to share with fiends, so I have done research at least.
    The reason I need this is more prosaic however - I really need some fast money, and as long as I can give people something more potent than that shit (I believe it is 20 - 30% at best most of the time) and make sure it is safe to use, because shit here is not, I figured it is a good thing to do.

So here you go, for fun and profit :)

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

So in others words, you couldn't care less about harming others for your own personal gain?

5. compounds

compounds Members

You make me angry because I need this info and you are posting shit instead. You are biased at best in my opinion, I don't see any other reason why you would say that.

Anyway this is a forum about drug chemistry so what is wrong with my question?

6. Lydia Wilde

Lydia Wilde Newbie

I'm no expert but hypothetically... sayfriend of mine was given 100gm of precursor to try make meth, one of several ppl because of several failed attempts, say he made it as normal (iodine, hyp-acid and toluene extraction) the end product produced a white soapy consistency.. when smoked it is potent AF, however say some of it was sold to a banger and they shot it up, theres a fairly good chance they may go into cardiac arrest. So unless you can seperate out the povidone during extraction somehow, it makes good gear, that looks a bit weird, and might kill bangers. As long as you make this clear upon sale you can hopefully avoid this, but people never listen and if your shit nearly kills someone there will be assumptions made that you cut the gear and there may be retaliation. Overall... try extract it.