Justice For Julian Assange

Discussion in 'People' started by Aerianne, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Exactly.

1 person likes this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How about that. Why don't you stop harrassing me personally. I have never harrassed you personally.
    Whether or not I have been raped or not or it is my way of speak or I have been by someone's side who was, is really none of your damn business, is it?

point...is...if a female says she was raped by someone...i guess she is automatically assumed to be the liar....

talk about hatred....and for women.

i am not a feminist, so 6 eyes...please stop being a dumb ass with your analogy and questions there.
    trespassing is tresspassing, ect.....I guess that is ok, too....I guess going into someone's personal business and twisting it around to suit yourself is fine also.
    i have no more to say here. Leave me alone.

I look for people to get behind, look up to and respect....I am not the man here.

2 people like this.
  3. Aerianne

Your "way of speak" comes across as insensitive to rape survivors.

It's important to be able to effectively communicate your meaning when writing.

Maybe you meant your privacy had been attacked and you felt it had been violated.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Let me rephrase my response to this.

Now, the Innocent until proven guity in America statement was in reference to Asmo's comment about Meliai's statement that Julian Assange is a hero to her.
    Asmo observed that just because someone does something heroic at one time, that doesn't mean that they are infallible. His point being that a person may do something that some consider heroic and also do something that some would consider criminal, or at least be flawed in some other manner.
    Aerianne said people are multifaceted and someone could be accused of sexual assault and still be a hero in another way.

Asmo agreed:

Aerianne then responded:
    I then commented on her comment by asking if that "innocent until proven guilty" thing had worked for Hillary. I am making a comparison here to the way Julian Assange is being treated and the way Hillary Clinton was treated in regards to the assumption of guilt. If people in this thread are claiming that Assange (who is not a U.S. citizen by the way) is innocent until proven guilty, I am asking if the innocent until proven guilty thing also applied to Hillary Clinton (who is a U.S. citizen) and everyone else or just Julian Assange, and if not not why not?

Is it possible that there are some people who are hypocritically claiming that Julian Assange is innocent until proven guilty after they condemned Hillary Clinton for being guilty of a wide variety of things even thought she was never found guilty in a court of law.

Is Julian Assange being favored over Hillary Clinton?

1 person likes this.
  5. Aerianne

Respectfully, MeAgain, can you keep discussion of Hillary Clinton in one of the other many threads that include her.

I do not intend to discuss her in this thread.

6. MeAgain

I am not discussing Hillary Clinton per se. I am using her as an example of how Assange may be getting preferential treatment in regards to being innocent until proven guilty. I used Clinton as an example.
    I am talking about Assange and the Clinton experience was the first example of bias in regard to Assange that I could think of.

So, let me ask you, do you think Assange is getting preferential and hypocritical treatment by those that have accused others of being guilty of various things even though they were never convicted of anything in a court of law? You can disregard the Clinton connection.

7. Aerianne

No.

8. storch

storch banned

I have no comment concerning Assange. However, you miss the point completely. The problem with comparing Clinton to Assange is that Clinton was not charged for a crime even though all of the evidence is right there for you or anyone else to see that she allowed classified information to pass through her unsecured server. The State Department Inspector General confirmed it. An FBI agent whose identity and role in the case has been confirmed also said that it was unanimous among those who did the actual investigation that Clinton should at least have her security clearance yanked.

So it's not so much that Assange is being favored. It's that Clinton was favored to the extent that she never had to face the music even though there was music to face.

9. Aerianne

10. storch

storch banned

My post is gone . . .

11. Aerianne

Please understand, your post, replying to an off topic post became irrelevant so it was removed, as was the off topic post.

12. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Most people consider the evidence.... If any. Disagreeing with someone, (or doubting their veracity) isn't the same as hating them.

2 people like this.
  13. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Are you really going to lecture me right now?....when I have absorbed so much hate around here for weeks to last a life time. I make one little comment about something feeling like rape and that is the main issue of the day?
    Wow...nevermind.....that good!....those people died in Oakland and they deserved to or or anything. nevermind lots of things...and are you really going to still goade me to answer why i used that analogy and how would I know what it feels like...really? when I told you to stop?.

14. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

If you post, we can reply, that's fair .......... stop posting, and we will probably stop reacting.
    Please point me to any post showing hate for you? ...... I can't find them, and would like to chastise that poster, hate (for anyone) is wrong!

15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Well tbh, you receive(d) far more than her lol.

And I very much agree with Meliai, about Assange not getting a fair trial at this point.
    I dunno, the whole thing is a bit off.
    Sex was consensual, initial statements by the two women confirm that?
    But you know, condom broke and they found out he had sex with both and wanted him to get tested?
    At that first time rape was not even mentioned.
    It's all so weird.

1 person likes this.
  16. MeAgain

Julian Assange exhausted his legal option in the UK when Sweden asked for him to be extradited on charges of two sexual molestations, rape, and unlawful coercion. He ran from justice. The statue of limitations has run out on all but the rape charge.

He has illegally hacked into the Pentagon, US Department of Defense, MILNET, the US Navy, NASA, and Australia's Overseas Telecommunications Commission; Citibank, Lockheed Martin, Motorola, Panasonic, Xerox, the Australian National University, La Trobe University, and Stanford University's SRI International.[30] also the Melbourne master terminal of Nortel, a Canadian multinational telecommunications corporation.[17]
    And those are just the ones we know of.

The Australian police charged him with 31 crimes including hacking, he was convicted in 1996 on 25 of those charges.

He is under investigation by the FBI for espionage, conspiracy to commit espionage, theft or conversion of property belonging to the United States government, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and general conspiracy, several other nations are also investigating him.

In short, he is a convicted criminal and is hiding from justice because he knows he will be convicted on many other counts if he ever gets enough balls to show up in court and address his accusers.

Unlike many other people, who we are not going to mention, he is not innocent as he has been convicted of 25 crimes in a court of law.

1 person likes this.
  17. Aerianne

Is there evidence that Julian Assange hacked into anything?

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

he pled guilty

2 people like this.
  19. Aerianne

Where can I read about the FBI investigating Julian Assange?

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i dont know but wikipedia lists what he pled guilty to hacking..and some he denies

i was surprised to see he is also an award winning journalist...i did not know that

1 person likes this.