Justice For Julian Assange

Discussion in 'People' started by Aerianne, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

lol...you coming in to take up for Assange help make the case against him, for me personally.

From your various posts throughout the forum, hearing that you have had a sexual assault possibly hanging over your head doesn't surprise me.

2. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

The police accused me, the girl didn't. Who cares what surprises you, you probably think all men are rapists.
    I've also been accused of stalking, child abuse, domestic violence, murder, attempted murder and arson ...... none of which I did.
    Not to mention I've also been accused of being a dangerous and violent psychopath (which might be true, but I still deny).
    The police believed me to be so dangerous that they were instructed never to approach me with less than three officers present.
    The last time I was arrested, it took 5 of them to do it, funny how timid the UK police can be.

PS. I've always had offers of more sex than I could possibly handle (probably due to my undeserved reputation for violence).

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Just because they are heroes because they did something heroic doesn't mean they're or have become infallible. Why should they be? Because heroes are supposed to be? No, they 'just' did someting heroic. They're still human :p

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

My question, Asmo - if a "hero" is also a sexual predator...does it matter to you if they are a sexual predator or should they be given a "keep out of jail free" card?

5. Asmodean

If he's guilty he should be convicted. If jail is the best punishment depends on the details (as with everything). I'm not aware of all the details here. For all I know he could have had sex with 2 women who afterwards were bought to say it wasn't consensual. But like I said I don't know in this particular case.

To be clear I was only saying that a hero is still human. I don't expect a hero to be flawless just because they did something heroic and therefor have become a hero.

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

People are multi-faceted.

You could be accused of sexual assault.

You could be acclaimed as a hero for something else.

You could paint a masterpiece.

You could grow a master garden.

You could write a beautiful symphony.

You could raise a brilliant child.

Etc.

One doesn't cancel the other out.

7. Asmodean

That's what I'm saying. People think hero and expect something retarded. But one is usually only a hero for a specific kind of act. Does that get diminished when we notice they're just human? :p (I understand a thing like rape would of course, but an accusation of rape is not always. As been said it should as always depend on the details of the particular person and situation. Not some general principle to which an individual case get equated, and may cause particular details to be ignored. Like for example how certain the rape accusation is).

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Being in hacking people's emails business for personal agendas is a form of rape, you know.....
    I would not put it passed the man to do a physical rape, either.
    I see his character as shit anyway.

9. Aerianne

Is there anyone whose character you don't see as shit? :rofl:

10. Aerianne

Right; and in America we believe a person is Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

He didnt personally hack into anyone's email, he was given information by hackers.

Traditionally thos information would have been given to journalists but the tradition of journalism.is dead, so. Eh. We wouldnt need wikileaks if we still had non biased investigative journalism

1 person likes this.
  12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Edit: no, nvm, cant be bothered

13. I would feel more sympathy for the "leaders of the free world" whose emails are being hacked if the state of the world were different. If the police weren't militarized for instance. If the top .1% didn't own more wealth than the bottom 90%. (If 9/11 hadn't so obviously been a controlled demolition, but I'll leave that for another thread.)

But as it is, conditions being what they are, the people in charge can only be corrupt, and we have the right to know as much about them as possible. It's like if you meet a guy with buboes and pus coming out of sores all over his body...you have a right to check him for an infectious disease, even if he wants to claim that he's feeling fine and that you have no right to stick a needle in him.

What WikiLeaks is revealing is that these people are even worse than they appear to be on the surface. Not only do they not give a shit about us in an economic sense, but it looks like they've been trafficking children, molesting them and possibly killing them. Tell me how in the world it isn't better for all of us that we know that this is going on. I can't understand why you want to protect these people. Especially when it's been revealed that they have no qualms whatsoever reading our emails and listening to our phone calls.

1 person likes this.
  14. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Neon, the new espionage...I get it....but I do not trust Assange....His timing of things in this election felt like a set up and not anything I would ever put stock into. I have been aware of big brother is watching for a long time now...I am always entertaining in my phone calls and emails.....with the thought they may be listening. I have nothing to hide....so itis not worriesome to me.
    However, I have been hacked by people with vendettas before...now, it is before I came here, so I am not pointing my finger at anyone at this site. It felt like rape.

I call it as I see it, and there is nothing about it that i trust.
    There is nothing about Assange that i trust....I have the right to the way I feel about things, also.

i keep saying the same things here.

I cannot keep making the same points I have made before.

1 person likes this.
  15. Aerianne

Have you been raped?

2 people like this.
  16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Wait... what?

So is trespassing, littering, spying, or an unattractive guy looking at you the wrong way form of rape too?

I really hate how some people (especially feminists) trivialize the definition of rape to encompass anything they don't like. It downplays the severity and the true horrors actual rape survivors have experienced.

2 people like this.
  17. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Good point, if you haven't ever been raped, how could you possibly know what it felt like!
    The poor guy has been the target of not only false, but trivial accusations. How the fuck can not wearing a condom during consensual sex ever be transformed into a rape charge? or seen by any sane person as a similar offense?

1 person likes this.
  18. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Did that work for Hillary?

19. Asmodean

Since she isn't sentenced. I would say yes.

1 person likes this.
  20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The Ecuadorian embassy isnt being watched by armed police because of a rape charge

And there is no way Assange could ever have a fair trial at this point either. The rape charge is convenient but lets not pretend the powers that be want him for rape. They want him tried and probably executed for espionage.

3 people like this.