Why Am I In Charge

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Luna Lovesong, Nov 29, 2016.

1. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

The time for confrontation is likely now rather than later. If they were willing and able to take on the workload, they probably would have done it already.

And when stuff isn't getting done...the likely outcome is that shit just won't get done...and that means that something is going to have to get thrown under the bus: your husband's health/your marriage, your kids, your pets, your hangers-on, your dreams, or your own health and sanity, and it would be unsurprising if several or all of them end up going.

Even the best laid plans can go awry; the worst laid plans are nearly guaranteed to end in disaster.

You have the power of foresight. I beg you, for your own sake, to use it. What do you see when you look down the road you now intend to travel? I'll tell you what I see:

Your husband's shaky health continues to be shaky or declines, perhaps leading to his death. And because you love him, this inevitably leads to your flunking out. Your kids end up getting taken away by DCS (if they don't die first) and end up in foster care (one can only hope God would be so merciful as to spare them the worst horrors of the foster care system). Your pets are put down in an animal shelter. You face criminal charges for child and animal neglect. You are saddled with crushing debt for your education (and possibly various medical and vet bills). The stress, trauma, and guilt of this experience leads to at least one of the following: a nervous breakdown, a full-blown psychotic break, drug or alcohol addiction, or a suicide attempt (or several).

You're in shitsville as it is. You need a ticket out of shitsville, not another dump-truck load of shit.

I recommend that you at least postpone your planned enrollment in school and get your current life at least manageable.

2. Luna Lovesong

Luna Lovesong Members

thank you newbie-one. I have taken some steps already and you mentioned a few more that could help as well.

1. found my cousin a roll along so she wont be on crutches and can be more mobile and help herself some
    2. got my husband going in for labs tomorrow also going to see an ENT to decide if his oversized tonsils gathering bacteria and causing sleep apnea is the reason his immunity is so low
    3. got a car I can drive, as opposed to a giant truck that I struggled with, which helps my sanity immensely because all my errands are no longer tainted with the size of that truck
    4. talked to the owner of the dogs I am sitting. he will be taking them to a dog park once a week and paying a house cleaner once a month to do the deep cleaning for me
    5. found a place to terminate unborn kittens and fix my brothers cat, and set him an appointment all he has to do is show up with 25 bucks
    6. made an actual chore chart for the kids and cut out some of my least favorite things to do like dog poop, or loading dinner dishes. now I don't clean up dinner, I just make it
    7. had my mom talk to her boss because its also my husbands boss and get him more hours and a raise so he quit the second job and now just makes enough with the one job and only has 46 hours a week instead of 80-100 and during the week its day shifts or off so he can help with school and homework and the kids at night

I did find some confrontation in me,,,i got shitty drunk and threw a shit fit at the whole house and demanded some damn support. I HAVE tried to commit suicide that's why we are living at my mothers in the first place, I was supposed to be getting support for myself and my family to get better, and when I reminded everyone of that and pointed out that all I got was more stress, anxiety and work people stepped up. my mom unloads the dinner dishes from the night before in the morning now and my husband gets up with the kids for school because I like to be a night owl and its hard to get up at 6am for me. its sad that I had to get hammered and only remember about 1/4 of what I said or threw around but my point was made and that's all that matters I guess.