Immigrants In Europe

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aerianne, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

As long as those German foreigners are living by the laws and standards of the countries they are living in/visiting then I don't have a problem. its when foreigners believe that the rules don't apply to them in their chosen location, that's when it gets to me.

like, in a Muslim and I rape women so that's what I do in your streets too.

Nah nah nah. That's not how this is going to work.

2. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

There are no (unprotected) women on the streets of a Muslim country!

3. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

That's just not true.
    I'm against relocating Muslim arabs in white Christian countries (relocate people in their own culture).
    But I'm all for free housing, education, food and healthcare for the poor (but not free money).
    Actually, I think everyone should be entitled to free basic housing, education, food and healthcare if they want it (rich or poor).

1 person likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I can only speak for Americans because thats where i am..but from where i stand, the same people who are against resettling refugees or accepting children fleeing violence in central america are generally the same who also want to cut benefits for the poor in their own country and want to demonize the poor.

Generally. There are always exceptions.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You might be surprised...but then again, I've always been exceptional.

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yeah, its definitely not like that here

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I am referring to the attitudes of the general populace, but also mostly referring to the legislators who actually hold the purse strings.

Europe in general has been kinder to its poor over the years.

But that wasnt really my point anyways.

Would just like to see more empathy in the world.

8. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Somebody has to pay for all this American generosity. Personally, I am all for safety net programs, I'm positive they are why we don't have people starving in the streets of the US. But it's a finite formula and we have finite resources to pay for it. And all of those resources come from Americans themselves, the government doesn't actually earn money or generate a "profit".

Consider also that the US is still the most generous on the planet when it comes to foreign aid. Look at the list of nations that take money from Americans, heck even Portugal gets a half billion a year. For what? They're a modern nation and we all know it's not to "fight the war on drugs". Most of our aid goes to African nations, a weird thing for so many "racist" Americans to do.

One thing I do know most Americans can't abide is a freeloader, at any level. Which is why we resent Wall Street arrogance and people like Trump. But like you say, that message goes all the way down the hill. I think we all know that we can't take in everybody, it's not a question of "room" since less than 10% of the land in the US is even developed. But that's also because so much of the land in the US isn't fit for it.

The US can't become the world's "Occupy" or it will fail. The economy is on the ropes now (depending on who's spreadsheet you see). Healthcare has proven the infrastructure can't possibly keep up with the population. And really, do we want American children of ALL races/ethnicities exposed to diseases we eradicated decades ago? Who would? And yet, these drug-resistant diseases are being ignored because quarantine is once again being portrayed as "concentration camps). If we don't care about American children, what chance do foreign children have? It's more likely they will be exploited the moment they arrive.

Too many well-intentioned US programs have created unforeseen problems that never get fixed because of changing administrations and governmental apathy.

"I'd love to save the world, but I don't know what to do"

What we do know is that government programs affect the lives of people faster than planetary climate issues. So maybe a list of priorities is in order. What's certain is that if the US goes bankrupt, all that aid money so many people depend on for survival, will stop, suddenly.

9. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I always thought it was a German plan to conquer Europe, after they failed in WWII.

10. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

If we don't like your government (and want your oil), we will deliver many free bombs, bullets and soldiers ....... that's American generosity.
    Why don't you keep your generosity at home and stay the fuck out of other countries.

11. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Don't get personal with me on this issue, I'm all for the US pulling out of every single nation and closing down the foreign aid spigot. I was against Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya and Vietnam (though I missed it by a few years). Do you honestly think average Americans had any choice in these matters? None of them came up for a vote.

The people you hate are not "The Americans", but the same people the Americans also hate, the US government. Americans have no friends in Washington, which is why we ended up with Trump.

I have no idea which advanced nation you are from that's so peaceful and benevolent, and surely was not founded by violence or war, but I'd wager your government is also holding their hands out to the US for Aid. The US hands out bribe money like candy all over the world without asking the people they take the money from, the Americans.

So get off your hateful high horse already, it's unbecoming.

2 people like this.
  12. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

14. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Then you should have quoted thus...

'Germany for Germans and law-abiding foreigners'. That sounds more reasonable and sensible.