#11 stormountainman

stormountainman

Soy Un Truckero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • LocationThe High Country

Posted November 18 2016 - 04:25 AM

I heard an interview on NPR with the guy who coined the term alt right and is considered the movement's founder. Didnt care enough to catch his name.

He was articulate and of course not stupid enough to come across as a blatant racist on national radio

But he did say he felt the races should naturally segregate because they dont get along with each other. He said he is a firm believer in white identity politics

Nothing TOO horrible, but of course i'm sure his private views are different, or more crudely expressed

And then you have all the white supremacy groups who have aligned themselves with the alt right moveement

I didnt read your post in its entirety but i know from previous posts that your views are reasonable enough. I'm sure there is truth in your post, i probably would have been more interested in reading it if you werent hitching your views to a very specific political movement.

But still, i hope you know who you're aligning yourself with and who else also claims the label of alt right.

I think that I heard that same NPR program. They introduce that guy as Richard Spencer.

#12 LagunaBeach

LagunaBeach

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 05:58 AM

There ain't no stopping the Trump Train.

#13 Okiefreak

Okiefreak

• PipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 08:03 AM

Until the train wreck! A big downside is the invasion of discussion forums like Hip Forums by Alt Right trolls who circulate fake news to promote an Alt Reality. It really makes sites like this pointless.

Edited by Okiefreak, November 18 2016 - 08:36 AM.

• soulcompromise likes this

#14 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 12,745 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 04:20 PM

If the alt-right is a product of the same establishment that controls the supposed "opposite" side, then so is any alleged white supremecism that is aligning itself with it. What better way to demonize and discredit people with legitimate concerns than to associate those concerns with "racism."

But if the alt right movement is something perpetuated by the establishment to create division, it still doesnt do much for the credibility of one's views to align with it

I think ol' 6 eyes' views are legitimate, i dont really agree with a lot of what he said (i did go back and read most of it) and I think he's demonizing the left in the same way he's complaining the right has been demonized..but still, legitimate, well thought out views from an individual. I just dont really understand the need to slap the label of alt right on them

But of course i've been avoiding the label of liberal or leftie for years because people are going to assume certain things about you once you attach, or someone else attaches, a label to you.

Plus i think aligning with a specific viewpoint often inhibits the ability to think outside the box that label creates, or to hold two opposing viewpoints in your hand and understand both.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#15 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 04:35 PM

Yes!  OMG my mind is BLOWN.  We can STOP the alt-right by BECOMING the alt-right! 

WHY DID I NEVER SEE THIS BEFORE.  If all men, black, white, Muslim, Christian, whatever...if we all become insensitive pricks...the insensitive pricks will lose their cultural identity!  They'll be lost in a sea of stupid comments!  The rest of us...we don't have to mean what we say...we'll just act stupid to pacify the racist hatemongers!  WE CAN'T LOSE!

• soulcompromise, Lynnbrowngreen and Jafian like this

#16 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman

Русский хакер

• PipPipPip
  • 4,283 posts
  • LocationInvading your Safe Space

Posted November 18 2016 - 06:52 PM

Yes!  OMG my mind is BLOWN.  We can STOP the alt-right by BECOMING the alt-right! 

WHY DID I NEVER SEE THIS BEFORE.  If all men, black, white, Muslim, Christian, whatever...if we all become insensitive pricks...the insensitive pricks will lose their cultural identity!  They'll be lost in a sea of stupid comments!  The rest of us...we don't have to mean what we say...we'll just act stupid to pacify the racist hatemongers!  WE CAN'T LOSE!

Hmmm no that's not what I had in mind.

I suppose to roll up my massive OP in one short sentence: Abandon social justice warrior politics and fringe political correctness, and the left might win again.

#17 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman

Русский хакер

• PipPipPip
  • 4,283 posts
  • LocationInvading your Safe Space

Posted November 18 2016 - 07:37 PM

Hiya Balbus,

Oh for fuck sake that is just plain untrue in fact it has been discussed a number of times in forum and virtually everyone that contributed said the opposite.

To me this is just some people wanting to pay the victim as a means of misdirection – they want to make certain statement but don’t wish to be criticised for them – sorry not playing. 

Fair enough. But why are such article headlines I listed in the OP allowed to exist? If they were written about any other race or gender, a journalist would lose their job forever.

But there is a problem in the US in race relations to ignore it is just plain stupid – BLM is trying to point out that problem – those opposed to it seem to be trying to stifle that debate.

Ad I’m happy to debate it with you if you wish.

OK cool. So I ask again: What has Black Lives Matter done to actually improve relations with the black community and the police department?

In reality, it can be summed up in one illustration:

race-baiter-rgb-ben-garrison.jpg

I don’t know what fucking media you’ve been watching but I’ve heard a shit load from left leaning people condemning the violence and the concept of violent protest.

Mostly the Wikileaked fact that Hillary's campaign paid violent provocateurs $1500 a head to insight violence at Trump rallies. And this: http://dailycaller.c...-trump-stories/

And all the individual cases of Trump supporters being jumped by thugs and hooligans as I already listed. I don't feel like repeating myself. 

LOL – but you’re playing the victim and grievance card in this very post – oh no look as us the media doesn’t like us, oh people don’t like our jokes, oh people call use racist when we are racist boo hoo –

Comedy is meant to push the boundaries of what is acceptable in society. Shock value keeps comedy alive. There's no grievance in my post.

LOL i'd say fucking grow a pair, but you might think that sexist..

Not me. A pearl clutching gender-fluid social justice crybully would.

Oh boo hoo they are calling use names – look if you want to put up a rational and reasonable argument why you are not racist if you make racist comments I’ll debate it with you but just ordering people to stop labelling you when you seem to fit under that label is just more victimhood.

Where have I made a racist comment in this thread? If you think anything I said thus far is racist, maybe you're resorting to ad-hominems, and rejecting my advice on how to shut down the alt right.

What are you going on about?

To specify, I'm talking about the propaganda being spread about gender being a social construct.

Loads of religions have fundamentalist wings why are you singling out Islam.

I’m an atheist I support many people’s rights including freedom of religion but I believe that there should be a separation of state and religion and that education should not be religious but about religions, in other words ALL regions equally and from a analytical, scientific and enlightenment approach.

Do you know what they do to atheists in fundamentalist islamic nations? It ain't pretty.

I'm OK with including muslims into my culture as long as they don't bring their fundamentalist ideas with them and shove it down our throats. If they wanna live here, they gotta leave Sharia law behind.

May I ask who you voted for in the past?

When I was 18 I supported Kucinich in the 2004 primaries; only because I liked his views of legalizing marijuana nationwide. But being a dumb kid I didn't realize I had to register a certain party to vote a certain way so I couldn't vote for him. In 2008 and 2012 I voted Ron Paul in the primaries.

Well I hate racism and I think some ideas are dangerous – are you saying I should stop challenging people that say hateful or racist things or say things that are wrong or silly?

All I've heard from the social justice left is the attempt to silence and shut down all contradicting voices and opinions by playing the race card. It worked so well for them in the past, now it isn't working anymore. The Brexit remain group demonized the leave campaign as racists. Look how good that did. Look at how labeling all Trump voters as racists worked out for them.

Edited by 6-eyed shaman, November 18 2016 - 10:43 PM.

#18 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 12,745 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 07:44 PM

="1479523961"]Hmmm no that's not what I had in mind.

I suppose to roll up my massive OP in one short sentence: Abandon social justice warrior politics and fringe political correctness, and the left might win again.[/quote]

Can you please explain what you mean by social justice warrior politics?

I mean i know its a derogatory term thrown around to insult liberals, like libtard...just a meaningless phrase used in place of real discourse.

I dont think the left should abandon championing for the disenfranchised, if thats what you mean

Social justice warrior has always been a bit like the phrase bleeding heart liberal to me, meant to insult and demean except I dont understand what is so insulting about having empathy or fighting for social justice.
  • Lynnbrowngreen and Jafian like this

#19 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 12,745 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 07:46 PM

My bad i hate when it doesnt quote correctly

#20 guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam

• PipPipPip
  • 21,279 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 18 2016 - 07:58 PM

Is there an alt-left? If not, naturally I think that's what stops the alt-right.

But of course i've been avoiding the label of liberal or leftie for years because people are going to assume certain things about you once you attach, or someone else attaches, a label to you.

Plus i think aligning with a specific viewpoint often inhibits the ability to think outside the box that label creates, or to hold two opposing viewpoints in your hand and understand both.

I agree with you when it comes to socio-political factions but many probably embrace something to identify with.

3i6eiPI.png?

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop