How To Stop The Alt-Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fueled by Coffee, Nov 17, 2016.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Hello my fellow liberals, leftists, neo-conservatives, statists, and shills.

As most of you are well aware, there is a new movement that came to fruition in the last year alone called the Alt-Right.
    Who is the Alt-Right? Various political leaders and journalists have attempted to define the Alt-Right with simplistic rhetoric and varying degrees of accuracy and fallacy. Hillary defined the Alt-Right as a phenomenon that emerged from the dark corners of the internet as a racist ideology. Salon says its basically white nationalism. While I cannot say this is completely untrue, the fact is racism identifies with no one single political ideology. Some racists identify alt-right, but the movement is more diverse than that. Yet the media has misrepresented the movement by painting every member with a single paint stroke.

Personally I'd define the alt-right as an alternative to the dying generation of neo-conservatism of the Bush years, and the dwindling popularity of basic republicanism. One thing most of them have in common is their utter disgust in corporate globalism, global governance, and wasteful interventionism. They despise identity politics, censorship, and language policing. And that may have been the driving force behind Donald Trump's victory.

You want to destroy it? You probably can, but your tactics of identity politics and safe space culture are not working. Safe spaces, grievance culture, public shaming, and clutching your pearls over Pepe the Frog is actually making internet trolls and the Alt-Right stronger.

Time to change your tactics with this step-by-step list to defeat the alt-right:

1) Decide whether or not we want identity politics for everyone, or no one!

Progressives today believe you cannot be racist unless you're white, or sexist unless you're male. Racism is still everywhere. But it's not the type of racism you might expect. Here are some article headlines

"White men must be stopped. The very future of mankind depends on it"

"As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting #Killallmen"

"Feminists don't hate men, but it wouldn't matter if we did"

"When whites just don't get it"

These headlines are considered acceptable by today's standards. Can you imagine what would happen if the roles were reversed? We have identity politics for everyone except white men. Other groups: blacks, gays, Muslims, women, Hispanics, etc. are not only allowed to advocate those group's interests, but they are allowed to be openly racist toward straight white men. Get rid of these bullshit double standards.

2) Cut off funding to Black Lives Matter

It receives positive media coverage and ignores that it has kills cops and torn black communities to rubble. It came to existence to point out the mistreatment of blacks in the justice system. So answer me this: Name me ONE thing Black Lives Matter has done to improve relations between the black community and the police department....... Many are tired of the media telling lies about people like Michael Brown saying "hands up don't shoot" or Keith Lamont Scott holding a book.

3) Grow a sense of humor and stop destroying lives over "distasteful" writings they wrote or said years ago.

Thanks to the newly instilled belief shared by many college-going millennials that insensitive words are harmful and hateful, comedians no longer want to go to colleges for stand-up routines anymore. Grow a sense of humor FFS. If there is anything a tyrant despises, it is the sound of laughter.

Some people have lost their careers and livlihoods over writings and online postings with unintended consequences. This of course would never happen to a militant feminist who tweets #KillAllMen on any given day.

One key difference I saw between the Hillary campaign and the Trump campaign was that the Trump crowd knew to have fun with memes, jokes, and constantly got a rise out of trolling easily-offended opposition. Team Hillary on the other hand demanded censorship of people with the wrong opinion. They equate words said by the other side as a form of violence; a tool they use to justify the brutality of Trump supporters. Which brings me on to my number 4:

4) Stop the hypocritical violence and rioting

When the media portrayed Trump supporters as violence agitators when the riot that broke out in Chicago, Wikileaks revealed they were bought and paid for by the Hillary campaign. This last year, we saw hooligans beat the shit out of people wearing Trump paraphernalia. Meanwhile the media either ignores it all, or justifies it as "peaceful protesting." There has been some injustices done by Trump supporters against their opponents, but he numbers simply pale in comparison. Recently we've seen the riots. The media criticized Trump for saying he wasn't sure if he and his supporters would accept the results of the election. And lo and behold the left cannot seem to accept the results of the election either. Time to own up to your own hypocrisy.

5) End victimhood and grievance culture.

Microagressions don't exist. Claiming to feel offended is not an argument that gives you special privileges. If you're offended by something so small, and you know the deliverer gave it without intended consequences, you need mental help. Fuck your feelings!

6) Stop loosely using and making-up words with the suffix "-ist" & "-phobe." And stop pretending that facts are racist.

There was a point in time when the race card was a very effective weapon to vilify and demonize anyone who stood in your way. That card no longer carries any influence. Guess what, many homosexuals voted for Trump. The >50% of white women who voted Trump were not sexist against themselves, and the 30% of hispanics were not racist against themselves either. Time to realize you don't own the votes of women and minorities. And they, like me, are fed up with your identity politics when you only pretend to have their best interests in mind. The fact that Caitlin Jenner said that coming out as a conservative was a lot harder than coming out as a Transgender is very telling.

7) Realize that not everything is a social construct.

This one is easy: Stop denying gender differences.

8) Stop unvetted mass muslim immigration

Why are leftists so quick to defend a religion that harbors such fascist beliefs and values such as Islam? I could never understand why some of you on the left, who are self-righteous champions of gay rights, womens' rights, transgender rights, criminal rights, human rights, and the freedom to not believe in a deity, want to mass import an ideology that contradicts everything western liberal values has to offer. Why? If you want to preserve all the best liberal values, shouldn't we should be more sensible about who we allow over?

So that's my 2-Cents on how to destroy the Alt Right. I do believe there is some hope for the opposition to end the alt-right. There is a chance the left will realize that not everything they dislike is racist.

Unfortunately, I don't foresee that happening any time soon; the first thing they did when Trump got elected was invent the word "whitelash" and shout baseless accusations of racism, sexism, and whatever-phobia.

And ALL of this is what pulled me to vote for Trump this election. I'm not even a republican. This is the first time in my life I've ever voted for a major party candidate in the general election. Originally I wasn't gonna vote for him. It is evidenced by my older posts that I did like or trust the guy. But I, like many others, got fed up with this bullshit that the modern left has fostered over the last few years. To find the creator of the alt-right, you need nothing more than a mirror. I don't even see myself as Alt-Right. Unless the left abandons all this senseless hatred, the alt-right will only grow stronger.

(edit: reduced a lot of clutter)

2 people like this.
  2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's so easy for people to want to take sides, until one realizes all sides are controlled and that the whole purpose of what we see going on pertains to divide and conquer, and really nothing more than that.

The alt-right didn't just come out of nowhere, either. I have been watching the alt-right slowly emerge for the last 4-8 years to become what it is now, selling people disillusioned with the current system another false solution which will also end up disappointing them in the long run.

The whole purpose of the alt-right is to dupe people into thinking that it is somehow, like Trump himself, "anti-establishment," but I don't see it becoming as popular as it has without the establishment's help... even if its popularity is largely through the internet, since the internet is not any less controlled than the corporate media when it comes to some of these big, well-funded websites that just all of a sudden got really popular.

1 person likes this.
  3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Good post.

I agree with alot of what you said.

4. Pressed_Rat

I am also sick of how people on the right (alt-right and otherwise) scapegoat Muslims. This terrorism shit has been blown way out of proportion and is being used to frighten people into accepting wars, domestic surveillance, the police state, and just the overall evisceration of freedoms. None of the large-scale so-called "Islamic" terrorism we have witnessed over the past 10-15 years is what it seems. Your own government poses more of a threat than these rinky-dink terrorists they want you to perpetually fear. Maybe if the US government stopped funding Islamic extremists, we would not have anything to worry about in the first place. And when you constantly instigate trouble with Middle Eastern countries, of course there is going to be some genuine animosity towards the West.

4 people like this.
  5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I think the left right divide is a false dichotomy,which is what led me to take up the anarchist standpoint.But even within anarchism it persists as with the anarcho-capitalists.War,fascism and the extreme right often take hold during economic depression,and I think that is what we are seeing.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I heard an interview on NPR with the guy who coined the term alt right and is considered the movement's founder. Didnt care enough to catch his name.

He was articulate and of course not stupid enough to come across as a blatant racist on national radio

But he did say he felt the races should naturally segregate because they dont get along with each other. He said he is a firm believer in white identity politics

Nothing TOO horrible, but of course i'm sure his private views are different, or more crudely expressed

And then you have all the white supremacy groups who have aligned themselves with the alt right moveement

I didnt read your post in its entirety but i know from previous posts that your views are reasonable enough. I'm sure there is truth in your post, i probably would have been more interested in reading it if you werent hitching your views to a very specific political movement.

But still, i hope you know who you're aligning yourself with and who else also claims the label of alt right.

4 people like this.
  7. Pressed_Rat

If the alt-right is a product of the same establishment that controls the supposed "opposite" side, then so is any alleged white supremecism that is aligning itself with it. What better way to demonize and discredit people with legitimate concerns than to associate those concerns with "racism."

8. 6-eyed shaman

I get that it was a heavy read and I won't fault you or anyone else for skimming parts of it. Admittedly, some of it was presented as tough love, the other part was my ranting, the rest are facts.

And yes, I do know of the bad people who are alt-right and proud of it. As I said earlier, racism and racists do not identify with one particular ideology; they are all over the place left, right, up and down. I'm personally not fully committed to the Alt-right, nor am I devoted Trump supporter like most of them. I suppose I'm temporarily relating to their side as I am grossed out by the vile filth of identity politics and grievance culture promoted by the left in recent years.

9. 6-eyed shaman

This is also where I distance myself from that part of the alt-right. I've never been fearful of Islamic terrorism. If all muslims (all 2 billion) were terrorists, we'd have a huge war on our hands right now. Many muslims I met have been good people (admittedly, some were major assholes) and I had a couple as roommates. And I agree 100% that the govenment is a bigger threat. The one thing I'm most critical about is importing mass numbers of unvetted refugee muslims who've never had any exposure to western culture. They do this only because Islam is a religion that is much more welcoming to fascist laws and lifestyles, and to secure votes for themselves for generations to come.

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

[SIZE=11pt]1) Decide whether or not we want identity politics for everyone, or no one![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]Oh for fuck sake that is just plain untrue in fact it has been discussed a number of times in forum and virtually everyone that contributed said the opposite. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]To me this is just some people wanting to pay the victim as a means of misdirection – they want to make certain statement but don’t wish to be criticised for them – sorry not playing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]2) Cut off funding to Black Lives Matter[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]But there is a problem in the US in race relations to ignore it is just plain stupid – BLM is trying to point out that problem – those opposed to it seem to be trying to stifle that debate. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]Ad I’m happy to debate it with you if you wish.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]3) Grow a sense of humor and stop destroying lives over "distasteful" writings they wrote or said years ago.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]This kind of statement always makes me laugh because for years I’ve been told my right wingers that lefties ‘don’t have a sense of humour’ only then for them to go all huffy if I make fun of them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]What this often comes down to is that they want to make racist, sexist or other derogatory ‘jokes’ without having any comeback, but what the fuck, they are still racist sexist or derogatory and I don’t give a fuck about any cry-baby who gets so upset that I’m going to point that out. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]4) Stop the hypocritical violence and rioting[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I don’t know what fucking media you’ve been watching but I’ve heard a shit load from left leaning people condemning the violence and the concept of violent protest.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]5) End victimhood and grievance culture.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]LOL – but you’re playing the victim and grievance card in this very post – oh no look as us the media doesn’t like us, oh people don’t like our jokes, oh people call use racist when we are racist boo hoo – LOL i'd say fucking grow a pair, but you might think that sexist..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]6) Stop loosely using and making-up words with the suffix "-ist" & "-phobe." And stop pretending that facts are racist.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Oh boo hoo they are calling use names – look if you want to put up a rational and reasonable argument why you are not racist if you make racist comments I’ll debate it with you but just ordering people to stop labelling you when you seem to fit under that label is just more victimhood. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]7) Realize that not everything is a social construct.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]What are you going on about?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]8) Stop unvetted mass muslim immigration[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt] Loads of religions have fundamentalist wings why are you singling out Islam.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I’m an atheist I support many people’s rights including freedom of religion but I believe that there should be a separation of state and religion and that education should not be religious but about religions, in other words ALL regions equally and from a analytical, scientific and enlightenment approach. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    Oh by the left testicule of my great aunt Matilda – From what I’ve seen the whole ‘whitelash’ ‘issue’ is only going big on right wing (and alt-right) media. I Googled it and the top story was from Infowar saying it was ‘all over mainstream news’ but looking at the other news stories most were saying that the term ‘whitewash’ was wrong and misguided, (Guardian, Times, Independent).

And I haven’t seen it here except for you and if I had I’d take issue with it.

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]May I ask who you voted for in the past? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]The alt-right -in the sense of people with certain extreme views - wasn’t just created it has been there for generations. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It’s as silly as saying that religious zealotry only came about because of the enlightenment and the rise of secularism. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thing is things come and go, rise up and down again there can be some cause and effect on that but it doesn’t mean it disappears [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]Well I hate racism and I think some ideas are dangerous – are you saying I should stop challenging people that say hateful or racist things or say things that are wrong or silly?[/SIZE]

3 people like this.
  11. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I think that I heard that same NPR program. They introduce that guy as Richard Spencer.

12. LagunaBeach

LagunaBeach Banned

There ain't no stopping the Trump Train.

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Until the train wreck! A big downside is the invasion of discussion forums like Hip Forums by Alt Right trolls who circulate fake news to promote an Alt Reality. It really makes sites like this pointless.

1 person likes this.
  14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But if the alt right movement is something perpetuated by the establishment to create division, it still doesnt do much for the credibility of one's views to align with it

I think ol' 6 eyes' views are legitimate, i dont really agree with a lot of what he said (i did go back and read most of it) and I think he's demonizing the left in the same way he's complaining the right has been demonized..but still, legitimate, well thought out views from an individual. I just dont really understand the need to slap the label of alt right on them

But of course i've been avoiding the label of liberal or leftie for years because people are going to assume certain things about you once you attach, or someone else attaches, a label to you.

Plus i think aligning with a specific viewpoint often inhibits the ability to think outside the box that label creates, or to hold two opposing viewpoints in your hand and understand both.

15. Yes! OMG my mind is BLOWN. We can STOP the alt-right by BECOMING the alt-right!

WHY DID I NEVER SEE THIS BEFORE. If all men, black, white, Muslim, Christian, whatever...if we all become insensitive pricks...the insensitive pricks will lose their cultural identity! They'll be lost in a sea of stupid comments! The rest of us...we don't have to mean what we say...we'll just act stupid to pacify the racist hatemongers! WE CAN'T LOSE!

3 people like this.
  16. 6-eyed shaman

Hmmm no that's not what I had in mind.

I suppose to roll up my massive OP in one short sentence: Abandon social justice warrior politics and fringe political correctness, and the left might win again.

17. 6-eyed shaman

Hiya Balbus,

Fair enough. But why are such article headlines I listed in the OP allowed to exist? If they were written about any other race or gender, a journalist would lose their job forever.

OK cool. So I ask again: What has Black Lives Matter done to actually improve relations with the black community and the police department?

In reality, it can be summed up in one illustration:

[​IMG]

Mostly the Wikileaked fact that Hillary's campaign paid violent provocateurs $1500 a head to insight violence at Trump rallies. And this: http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/11/liberal-media-ignores-violence-against-trump-supporters-focuses-on-unproven-anti-trump-stories/

And all the individual cases of Trump supporters being jumped by thugs and hooligans as I already listed. I don't feel like repeating myself.

Comedy is meant to push the boundaries of what is acceptable in society. Shock value keeps comedy alive. There's no grievance in my post.

Not me. A pearl clutching gender-fluid social justice crybully would.

Where have I made a racist comment in this thread? If you think anything I said thus far is racist, maybe you're resorting to ad-hominems, and rejecting my advice on how to shut down the alt right.

To specify, I'm talking about the propaganda being spread about gender being a social construct.

Do you know what they do to atheists in fundamentalist islamic nations? It ain't pretty.

I'm OK with including muslims into my culture as long as they don't bring their fundamentalist ideas with them and shove it down our throats. If they wanna live here, they gotta leave Sharia law behind.

When I was 18 I supported Kucinich in the 2004 primaries; only because I liked his views of legalizing marijuana nationwide. But being a dumb kid I didn't realize I had to register a certain party to vote a certain way so I couldn't vote for him. In 2008 and 2012 I voted Ron Paul in the primaries.

All I've heard from the social justice left is the attempt to silence and shut down all contradicting voices and opinions by playing the race card. It worked so well for them in the past, now it isn't working anymore. The Brexit remain group demonized the leave campaign as racists. Look how good that did. Look at how labeling all Trump voters as racists worked out for them.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

="1479523961"]Hmmm no that's not what I had in mind.

I suppose to roll up my massive OP in one short sentence: Abandon social justice warrior politics and fringe political correctness, and the left might win again.[/quote]

Can you please explain what you mean by social justice warrior politics?

I mean i know its a derogatory term thrown around to insult liberals, like libtard...just a meaningless phrase used in place of real discourse.

I dont think the left should abandon championing for the disenfranchised, if thats what you mean

Social justice warrior has always been a bit like the phrase bleeding heart liberal to me, meant to insult and demean except I dont understand what is so insulting about having empathy or fighting for social justice.

2 people like this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My bad i hate when it doesnt quote correctly

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Is there an alt-left? If not, naturally I think that's what stops the alt-right.

I agree with you when it comes to socio-political factions but many probably embrace something to identify with.