MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,978 posts
  • LocationBlueberry Hill

Posted October 17 2017 - 01:29 PM

Trump's latest travel ban...banned.

The policy targets Iran, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Chad and North Korea, as well as some Venezuelan officials....."it lacks sufficient findings that the entry of more than 150 million nationals from six specified countries would be 'detrimental to the interests of the United States'".

"Oh, how sweet it is to hear one's own convictions from another's lips"

~ Goethe

#3312 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,978 posts
  • LocationBlueberry Hill

Posted October 17 2017 - 01:35 PM

McCain sounded off about the current  "half-baked, spurious nationalism"

Trump answered with 

"People have to be careful because at some point I fight back," "I'm being very, very nice but at some point I fight back and it won't be pretty,"

McCain, 

"I have faced tougher adversaries." 

"To fear the world we have organised and led for three-quarters of a century, to abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership and our duty to remain the last best hope of Earth for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history.

"We live in a land made of ideals, not blood and soil," he continued.

"We have done great good in the world. That leadership has had its costs, but we have become incomparably powerful and wealthy as we did."

~ Goethe

#3313 egger

egger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted October 17 2017 - 02:36 PM

Trump's latest travel ban...banned.

When it makes it to the Supreme Court, out of fear of losing Trump will do his cat and mouse game once again by cancelling this third version and replacing it with a slightly milder Trump Ban 4.0.

#3314 egger

egger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted October 17 2017 - 04:19 PM

Trump: "People have to be careful because at some point I fight back," "I'm being very, very nice but at some point I fight back and it won't be pretty,"

That's like Ted Bundy saying 'no more Mr. Nice Guy'.

#3315 egger

egger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted October 17 2017 - 06:26 PM

Today on the news he said that he's getting "high marks" for disaster response. I'm not abundantly clear on how he figures there are any marks coming in! They haven't accomplished much yet in Puerto Rico. From what I understand the response is beside the point in that they don't have electricity on the majority of the island. 

Trump hurricane response approval down 20%.

Hurricane Response Plunges 20 Points After Puerto Rico Storms
Mary Papenfuss, HuffPost

October 17, 2017

https://www.yahoo.co...-105359657.html

Edited by egger, October 17 2017 - 06:29 PM.

#3316 egger

egger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted October 18 2017 - 02:54 PM

More window dressing.

Trump manufactures a crisis by stopping CSR payments and later claims that he and the Congress can resolve the crisis by resuming CSR payments for another two years.  Under the new proposed bill, the Republicans are supposed to vote yes to continue to support the ACA, the ACA that they said they wanted to repeal so badly, while they take another two years to try to figure out a replacement, which is what they've been doing for the past seven years with no results.

Bipartisan deal on Obamacare subsidies stalls amid GOP opposition
Sean Sullivan, Juliet Eilperin and Amy Goldstein
Washington Post
October 17, 2017

http://www.chicagotr...1017-story.html

Edited by egger, October 18 2017 - 02:56 PM.

• MeAgain likes this

#3317 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,978 posts
  • LocationBlueberry Hill

Posted Yesterday, 04:34 AM

Trump woke up today and attacked Hillary Clinton....

Uranium deal to Russia, with Clinton help and Obama Administration knowledge, is the biggest story that Fake Media doesn't want to follow! ~ El Trumpo
As the controversy over the president's handling of grieving military families grows, he lashed out on Twitter on Thursday morning and attempted to push the news agenda towards a debunked theory about a uranium deal. ~ The Independant

34pkrht.jpg

~ Goethe

#3318 egger

egger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Trump. A barking dog chasing its tail.

Trump furious with TIllerson because he didn't deny he called him a moron.

http://nymag.com/dai...im-a-moron.html

Trump furious over McCain's remarks about bubble gum nationalism.

http://www.slate.com...e_a_speech.html

Trump furious with Congresswoman who he says misrepresented his remarks.

https://www.theatlan...-troops/543240/

#3319 egger

egger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 AM

The distraction tactic works both ways. While Trump loves to criticize others, he is easily distracted and annoyed to the extreme by people making critical remarks about him.  His hypersensitivity and inability to let pass the most trivial of comments comprise one of his achilles heel.  Taking advantage of this asymmetric attribute of his personality has a crippling effect on him and his administration.  It has the chance of making him even more pathological to the extent of being rendered useless, similar to the demise of Nixon who became engulfed in his own paranoia. 

#3320 egger

egger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 AM

An example of Trump being easily distracted and disrupted is the public relations event of Trump to sign one of his executive orders.  During the event a journalist asked a question about Flynn.  Trump got so annoyed and distracted that he stormed out of the room and forgot to sign the executive order.  He never did sign the order in front of the media like he had originally intended.  Pence gathered the papers and followed him out of the room.

Edited by egger, Yesterday, 11:43 AM.

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company