The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Is it a masters degree in basketweaving, or typewriter maintenance, or liberal arts, or some of those highly marketable and needed professions?

2. egger

egger Member

Trump is going to bring back the great typewriter industry that China supposedly stole from the U.S. and also beautiful, clean whale oil.

Okiefreak and stormountainman like this.
  3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yep they sure did. So you still want all the illegals to be here?

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Comey comes clean in interview.
    1. Trump's meeting with him in which he asked him to drop the investigation of Flynn was probably an obstruction of justice.
    2. He thinks his firing was "crazy".
    3. Russia may have the goods on Trump.
    4. Trump is morally unfit to be president.

stormountainman and Tyrsonswood like this.
  5. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I am an anti union liberal.
    Don't see the need for them, especially for first responders. Those people knew what they were getting into when they took the job(s).

6. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Depends on the definition of CLEAN

1. Probably? He is the Director of the FBI. He should know the difference between probably and IS. They don't make Director without a grasp of the law. Why didn't he report this to his boss if he felt it was Obstruction?

2. If you are the fired employee, what else would you think? Yeah I deserved to be fired?

3. Again MAY? That means maybe yes maybe no. Hedging his bets a bit.

4. He would know as well as anybody! They didn't ask him if he thought Hillary was fit to be president? Hmmmmm.

He admitted biased towards Clinton. He admitted his family protested against Trump the day after the elections. He admitted to handing over classified memos to a reporter. He admitted that he was told to call the Clinton E-Mail investigation a "matter" not an investigation. Yep...He's Golden.

He will likely sell a lot of books.

7. MeAgain

Probably because you lump all unions together as one and don't see any distinction between them and you are ill informed as to what unions do. For example:
    The IAFF has been instrumental in fire prevention, building inspections, sprinkler requirements, fighting the 80 hour work week, first aid training, the regulation of child labor, old age pensions, right to recovery after being injured by fires, fire tabulation statistics, the National Electrical code, burn treatment, breathing apparatus, fire fighting training, The Fireworks Act, combating fire dangers with explosive shipments, arson prevention, etc. etc. etc.
    [​IMG]

scratcho, stormountainman and McFuddy like this.
  8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I know several people with high engineering and geology "masters" degrees who have had to leave the USA to get a good job, because American employers only want to give jobs to their own kind, as in White Christian Republican. These employers want government hand outs, tax breaks, and kick backs for taking on veteran with less qualifications.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Okiefreak likes this.
  9. stormountainman

Notice Trump did not put tariffs on Ivanka's Chinese made products...you know...the ones Kelly Anne Connally was pushing on TV ...on taxpayer time.

10. MeAgain

1. You don't understand the difference between evidence and conviction.
    2. It was crazy because it was an obvious attempt by Trump to stop the investigation into himself.
    3. You don't understand the difference between evidence and conviction.
    4. I heard no admission of bias toward Clinton, He said he thought she would win, that's not bias, that's opinion. He didn't vote in the presidential election, and he's a Republican.
    His family participated in the Women's March, not a Trump protest. And even if they did so what? It's a free country his family members are free to do whatever they want. Or don't you believe in personal freedom?
    He gave his own unclassified memos to a friend to give to the media. Nothing wrong or illegal with that.
    Lynch authorized him to confirm that they were investigating Clinton, she suggested he call it a "matter". So what?

Yep, he's certainly more reliable, honest, trustworthy, patriotic, and sincere than Trump. I don't seem to recall him meeting in secret with any Russian spys in his office and giving away stat secrets.

stormountainman likes this.
  11. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Wait......this sounds like a form of Affirmative Action at work here. We can't have any of that.

12. stormountainman

What I said was to demonstrate it is big employers-as in the beef and pork industries-who import undocumented workers so they could get around American labor unions. American Labor is the core of the Democrat Party. Why is that hard to understand?

13. stormountainman

It sounds like Comey is right on all points.

14. stormountainman

So you agree: Republicans want affirmative action when it benefits White Christian Republicans who can't read or write to have good management jobs.

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Just some classic 'whataboutism' going on here, I think.

16. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

They didn't ask the question if he had evidence. He knows the difference. He could have stated such.

I should not have said it was classified. I nor anyone else knows the content of that message. If someone hands over a document that is pertinent to an ongoing investigation to an outside third party to be released to the public, then yeah there may be legal consequences for that. We will see if they determine if there is anything wrong with that.

Well Comey is at LEAST as reliable and trustworthy and patriotic as Clinton. So yeah there's that.

It wouldn't be in his job description to meet with Russians spies or otherwise unless doing so as part of an investigation. Doing so in private would be grounds for termination. Newflash...he isn't the president.

If you are paid government law enforcement agency, you or your family are not allowed to show contempt of favoritism for whom you work for. You vote like everyone else. In private as a citizen. Showing bias, publicly or professionally for or against whomever you work for undermines your integrity to carry out your job. In-partial is what they swear to be. He can say it was his family, but they know the rules by which they are housed and fed. You might wanna read transcripts. I believe he used the term biased.

A matter isn't the same as an investigation. Kind of like the difference between an incident vs an arrest. Not the same legal force. Not the same rules of engagement.

17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

No. I'm saying you described Affirmative action. Do you support or oppose Affirmative Action?

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I'm trying to figure out what you think was a description of Affirmative Action? Are you reacting to stormountainman's post :
    "Reagan fired the Air Traffic Controllers "Union" of professional experienced people with a genuine grievance and installed unprofessional non-union people.
    The Republicans allowed all the packing houses to hire undocumented Mexicans so the employers did not have to pay them a full wage, and avoid FICA taxes and worker compensation insurance. Nixon and The Republicans destroyed the Teamster Union"? Do you think that's what affirmative action is? The main reason the Trump blue collar base is struggling isn't because of competition from unqualified minorities. It's because Reagan was able to break the power of the labor unions. Unions have their faults, but without them, workers are at the mercy of their employers. And through the wonders of Reaganomics, the tax burden was shifted from the 1% to the working class slobs, and the borrow and spend strategy to pay for the tax cuts puts the future of our social programs in jeopardy . And to top it off, it was all blamed (irrationally) on those awful Mexicans and minorities. The undocumented workers are here because U.S. employers want them to be here, as cheap labor. But what does this have to do with affirmative action? BTW, in case you're wondering, I do support Affirmative Action for qualified disadvantaged minorities and women, and I think it's paid dividends in keeping them from being locked into a cycle of inequality. It's not a perfect solution and it shouldn't go on forever, but it was an expedient measure to move our country forward.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  19. stormountainman

Thank you...the cycle of inequality is what the main problem is in America. Republicans don't want affirmative action or civil rights. When minorities don't get work, they need government help like food stamps, Medicaid, and housing. But that is when Republicans say go out and get a damn job you lazy minority member. The poor and unemployed says the job you want me to take at the car wash does not cover my student loans, rent, food, and healthcare! The Republican then says, "I don't want to hear about your Union scale pay. This is a RIGHT TO WORK state!"

20. MeAgain

He did state that he doesn't know if Trump obscured justice, he said there's evidence that he did. Here's part of the exchange about Flynn:
    As I said, he handed over his own notes, nothing illegal.

Yes Comey seems to be as LEAST as reliable and trustworthy and patriotic as Clinton. Both have devoted their lives in service to the country. Both have made mistakes, both are at a much higher moral level than Trump.

Same with the president. Presidents of the United States don't meet in secret with Russian spies in the Oval Office...at least not until Trump showed up.

Your family can do whatever it wants. They don't work for the government, this isn't Russia. They're private citizens.

I have the transcript on my hard drive. In 42,544 words bias appears five times, never does he say he was bias toward Clinton.
    I have lightly read the entire transcript. It'll take me a little longer to fully digest all 42 pages.