The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

If that's what he believes he should launch an official bipartisan committee to investigate, not release some one sided out of context fabricated memo without proof.

stormountainman likes this.
  2. MeAgain

Because he wants $25 billion tax payer dollars to build a stupid wall in return and money to stop the Canadians from entering also. No green cards for parents, older children, and siblings, and end the diversity program.

There is no interest in keeping illegals illegal by responsible people. If you remember a bipartisan plan was approved back in early January an Trump shot it down.

3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I don't know where you've been living; but, the Dreamers have had a path to citizenship. It is call DACA. And moreover, President Bush offered a path to citizenship if these children of undocumented illegal immigrants were to join the Armed Forces. So, there have been some ways for them to "get right" over the years. If the marry an American citizen, they could get a Green Card, which is the usual way to citizenship. I am not sure if they must return to their home country and come back or not, in the event they marry an American. Immigration lawyers specialize in that sort of thing. I think the Democrats have a heart and would not want to send these people who came as children back to a nation they know nothing about. Most would be easy pickins for criminals in Mexico or El Salvadore.

4. stormountainman

These big companies have an interest in making a big deal about raises and bonuses. It is called better tax rates from Trumpy. They get better tax breaks than regular citizens. It's all about the privileged class.

5. stormountainman

In Indiana the Indiana Patriot Guard get their own license plates and concealed carry permits so they can threaten and intimidate anyone they want. They hang out in McDonald's and threaten anyone who sounds like a Democrat.

6. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Wait, they have a sound? What does it sound like?

7. stormountainman

During tonight's State Of The Union address, Trumpy the Republican will boast about the NEW AMERICAN ERA. The New American is the magazine of the John Birch Society, a White Nationalist powerhouse. The whole thing fits. After all, Trump and Pence got the endorsement of the KKK and the Alt Right people. it SOUNDS like Trump is all about racism.

8. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

So anything called "New American" is to automatically be attached to John Birch? Doesn't that seem kind of thin? What if it's a New American Carwash? Or a New American Snack Sensation? Seems a bit far fetched. Like those "Confederate" tile flags in the New York subways (that didn't actually look like confederate flags).

I will say it's funny to see Topo Gigio sitting behind the president's left shoulder.

9. egger

egger Member

The House Intelligence Committee can release the memo to the public if Trump does nothing after a number of days. Trump could prevent its release by taking action, but the memo can still be released if he does nothing.

There doesn't appear to be any historical precedent for what the committee is doing with the Nunes memo.

Holding a piece of classified information hostage by threatening to publicly disclose it for the sake of dealmaking sounds typical of the ransom tactics Trump has used in the past. Holding DACA recipients hostage to get U.S. taxpayer money for his Mexico wall is an example.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

This Donald Trump video is funny as all hell.....

MeAgain and egger like this.
  11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Being too smart to fall for Trump's bullshit is a curse. I wish I was an ignorant ostrich with my head in the sand.

But I'm smart enough to know that when I sit down to do my taxes in spring of 2021, I'll be fucked.

But, by then, fuckass will have already been re-elected.

12. egger

egger Member

Melania arrived at the SOTU in a separate vehicle. She didn't look pleased at the event. It might have been better if she had sat next to Pelosi or one of the victims of the Iraq war or MS-13. During his speech Trump could have pointed her out as one of the victims. "You knew what you were getting into when you signed up, Melania."

13. egger

egger Member

Nice Garfunkel wig.

hotwater likes this.
  14. egger

egger Member

comic relief video

Actor Mario Cantone plays Scaramucci. A striking resemblance.

Trump: "I'd like to introduce you to my favorite new team member who I will eventually betray: Anthony Scaramucci!"

stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

More insanity

The most divisive president in modern US history is asking for people to work together WITH A STRAIGHT FACE.

16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

And in the insane but chilling

Sack people that ‘undermine the public trust’ sounds to me like a new purge this time of anyone that doesn’t fit in with the trump agenda

Oh and i hear that the right think the FBI should be 'cleansed'

17. egger

egger Member

Donald Trump Just Asked Congress to End the Rule of Law
    This should be the biggest headline of the speech.
    By Yascha Mounk
    Jan 30, 2018 11:23 PM

Donald Trump Just Asked Congress to End the Rule of Law

"But Trump’s speech was also deeply dangerous for an even more important reason: Under the cover of his soothing rhetoric about unity and bipartisanship, Trump called on Congress to give him unprecedented and unquestionably antidemocratic powers: “Tonight,” he said, “I call on the congress to empower every Cabinet secretary with the authority to reward good workers—and to remove federal employees who undermine the public trust or fail the American people.”

By design, it is easy to overlook the true significance of the second half of that phrase. But dwell on it for a moment, and imagine what this would actually look like in practice. Under Trump’s proposal, any Cabinet secretary could decide that, say, a law enforcement official investigating the president had “undermined the public trust” or “failed the American people”—and fire him on the spot. In other words, Trump is calling for an end to any semblance of independence for the IRS, the FBI, the Department of Justice, or any other federal agency."

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

egger

Yep - work for us or else - that is how trump wants people to work 'together'

19. egger

egger Member

Will Richard Nixon's Three-Pronged Defense Work for Trump?
    As Mueller’s investigation heats up, the president is drawing directly from Nixon’s playbook. This time, it might actually succeed.
    Julian E. Zelizer
    Dec 7, 2017

Will Richard Nixon's Three-Pronged Defense Work for Trump?

"Nixon also blasted the Democratic Congress for fomenting the entire Watergate investigation as a partisan coup. “I’m going to hit them and destroy them and they’ll be destroyed … absolutely destroyed,” the president told Al Haig. “They don’t realize what they’re up against…” Vice President Gerald Ford, later the so-called healer of the nation, complained in April 1974 that Democrats were guilty of the “endless exploitation” of Watergate. He characterized the investigation as a political strategy geared toward the 1974 midterm elections. “We cannot let the Watergate issue be turned into a smokescreen that will conceal the real November election issues from coast to coast.” In his 1974 State of the Union address, Nixon declared to the nation, “One year of Watergate is enough.” In attacking their opponents, both Nixon and Trump were willing to lie, to obfuscate, and to conceal for the purposes of surviving."

20. MeAgain

Excellent.