The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. egger

egger Member

5.3 Million Puerto Ricans Will Hold GOP Lawmakers Accountable, Governor Says
    By Robert Valencia On 12/20/17 at 6:57 PM

5.3 million Puerto Ricans will hold GOP lawmakers accountable, Puerto Rico governor Ricardo Rosselló said

"The new plan—which President Donald Trump touted as the largest tax cut in the history of our country—struck down tax and manufacturing rules that allowed Puerto Rico to have both foreign and domestic status, Politico reported. The island became a tax haven for drug and medical device creators who could incorporate in the territory as foreign subsidiaries but tag their products as if they were made within the continental U.S. Under the new legislation, business in Puerto Rico will be treated the same as those operating outside of the United States, meaning that they will see their taxes increase at 12.5 percent on intellectual property."

stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Nearly nine Million sign up for Obamacare.
    Trump declared it was repealed with the new tax cut for the wealthy.
    Meanwhile repeal of the individual mandate in the tax plan is projected to cause 13 million to loose health insurance.
    Additionally costs are expected to rise for those still covered and a reduction in Medicaid and Medicare is forcast.

3. egger

egger Member

A year into his presidency, Trump's latest remark about healthcare is "we'll come up with something better."

4. egger

egger Member

Ben Carson even brought God into the act with his prayer during Trump's ceremony about his greatness (Trump's greatness, not God's).

The prayer came after 12 minutes of Trump's boasting. (Trump first. But can we just say, God second?)

Trump even quipped that the media needs God's help, not him.

Recall that Carson is the head of HUD and had no experience whatsoever in housing and urban development when Trump nominated him. Trump apparently felt that because he is African-American that he would look appropriate for the job.

Trump Can’t Believe No One’s Thrown a Parade in His Honor
    by Bess Levin
    December 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Trump Can’t Believe No One’s Thrown a Parade in His Honor | Vanity Fair

excerpt:

"Luckily, his handlers were able to coax him out of his room with the promise of a Cabinet meeting all about how great he is.

While it’s difficult to choose a highlight, our top contender is the prayer led by Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, who thanked God for giving the U.S. such a “courageous” president and for granting us the “opportunity for our economy to expand so that we can fight the corrosive debt that has been destroying our future.” (God apparently understands that it’s O.K. to pass a bill that will add more than $1 trillion to the deficit so long as you immediately turn around and take away “entitlements” like Social Security and Medicare to pay for it)."

Moonglow181 and scratcho like this.
  5. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I think you are right. Trump & CO have always used the illegal immigration/build a wall call to get support from the local yokels; but, he has commuted Sholom Rubashkin's prison sentence. That guy got caught money laundering/bank fraud...just the kind Trump admires. Rubashkin was also caught using nearly 400 undocumented (illegals is what Trump calls them today) workers. Trump's son in law's sister also got caught selling green cards to Chinese investors...investors in their family business! I wonder when the Trump base is going to push away all that wool over their own eyes?

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Never in the history of this country has such a dangerous evil scumbag been elected to the highest office in our land. Truly amazing! He's a divisive demagogue and a world class grifter who has advanced himself by scamming people. We'll be lucky to get out of this without a nuclear war and/or Great Depression. People with "abilities" like that are always scary, and by definition dimwits have a hard time figuring it out until they notice their wallets have become lighter. But his approval rating is down to 32%, and nearly two-thirds disapprove of his performance. We had an unpleasant experience with a similar character in Germany in the thirties and forties. It would be a shame to see it happen again. So, yes, I and others feel a duty to make sure that the danger that he poses to our country isn't missed. Since there are folks like you who apparently haven't caught on, or have and are part of the scam, It's necessary for us to get the message out through the smokescreen of your double talk.

Apparently, you're at least 53 years old. Maybe you're ideological enough that you plan to refuse your Social Security and Medicare benefits, but in case you haven't caught the drift, the trillion dollar deficit resulting from the new tax bill will be the first move in the Ryan two-step for dismantling those programs. Some have already voiced the sentiment: My goodness! The deficit we just caused is out of control. We must get rid of those entitlement programs! So unless you're really really wealthy, which would explain why you like these guys, you may be in for a rough future.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Time will tell if the word revolution really aplies here. But I don't think so.

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No.... ;
    ;

wink wink?

That is what i thought of.

Thank you for saying what I could not say so well with the rest of you post.

9. Moonglow181

What makes you think I think I can convince people like you of anything or even want to try?
    It is typical thinking I have heard time and time again....
    No, I am angry and have a right to give flight to my feelings, as well.

i care about this earth, wildlife and all kinds of things..the good of ALL ...always have....The jerk in office does not. You are ok with oil drilling in last wildlife refugees? That is on you...but I never wanted Trump in my face or for the country, so I am angry and blame the people that did and still do....That is where my emotion comes from...not trying to convine trump supporters....I know that would be impossible, anyway.....He is your god, and any attempt to convince anyone that supports him otherwise is futile..

You like the head of the EPA with his fracking and causing earthquakes in Oklahoma?

This is my planet, too, and I am fighting like hell for it...always have.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  10. Moonglow181

Did I read Trump wants a parade somewhere? Are you kidding me?

stormountainman likes this.
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

There have been a lot of people in and out of this thread who complain about the existence of this thread and all the negativity being thrown at their fearless leader

But no one has really offered anything positive about Trump. The title is The Donald Trump Score Card. Nothing about that insinuates you have to disagree with his policies to post about them.

MeAgain and stormountainman like this.
  12. stormountainman

No, Trump/Pence have not done anything right...and I am on here because FOX would not let me have equal air-time. Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, and Bill Cunningham all talk over the guests who call their shows. And the Heritage Foundation stinks.

Moonglow181 likes this.
  13. stormountainman

I used to camp at Bears Ears at the Utah Colorado border. Now Trump and his oil business pals have ruined it. The American people will not be allowed to use these public lands. Only the coal and oil people will be allowed in there. The Alaska National Wildlife Refuge is also now open to the oil companies, thanks to Trump. Trump's friends have already ruined 90% of our public lands and now they want the last 10%. We have a right to visit our national treasure too!

Meliai likes this.
  14. Moonglow181

I wanted Bernie...who never compared himself to FDR, but gave FDR much credit while he was here, anyway....but since I could not have him...I chose the less of the two evils that were possible....and that was Hillary

So now Trump is actually comparing himself to FDR? NEVER! NOT IN MY BOOK!

More like Hitler

scratcho likes this.
  15. stormountainman

I'm telling you Okie, Trump's a Klansman...just like Pence and Sessions and Bannon.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Bernie could have been as great as FDR

I will be forever sad we didnt get him

I'm still holding out hope for 2020. He's a spritely old man

17. stormountainman

I like Bernie and I like Elizabeth Warren too. I wish we still had Paul Wellstone!

scratcho likes this.
  18. Moonglow181

Very sad...I am happy to see that at least a few of us are not wishy washy in what we stand for and believe in.

stormountainman likes this.
  19. Moonglow181

Me, too....and always have. It is wonderful to see someone one can look up to in politics these days...but I am not holding out much hope....and that there will be another 4 years of Trump and his gang....

Pence, Ryan....make me want to vomit, too.

20. stormountainman

2018 midterms are just 10 months away! 9 million just signed up for Obamacare. That proves the old system works and Trump has nothing to offer the millions of uninsured people. If the Republicans attack Social Security and Medicare, their hate agenda will end in November. The people of Puerto Rico are all on our side now. The Women's vote, the Black vote, the Mexican vote, the Muslim Vote, the Environment vote, and the ACLU are all on our side now. I can vote against the abusive Republicans today!

scratcho and Moonglow181 like this.