The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think we're more intelligent than that. Your move.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You should really go back to the daily stormer or 4 Chan or wherever you came from, bald. I dont think people are going to be very receptive to your white supremacy ideology here.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

All these taxation worries could easily be solved if we'd move to a flat tax with a generous standard deduction. And all sources of income should be treated equally, no matter how it is generated. Same with corporations...they should all be taxed in regard to how much revenue they generate in the U.S...if they don't make a profit then they won't be taxed...and they won't be in business too much longer either. No more 'to big to fail.' It should be a fairly simple calculation to figure out the necessary tax rate to close the budget gap. Of course Americans will hate having to actually pay for the services they receive from government, but if they don't like it they can always vote for people who would cut government expenditures. It seems everyone has a reason why they should be allowed to avoid paying their fare share...I'm old so I shouldn't have to pay the same tax as everyone else, or I'm poor, a veteran, a businessman who creates jobs, crippled, a student, etc. It should all stop and we should realize that we're all in this boat together.

4. soulcompromise

The hate rhetoric doesn't fly. Your allegiance isn't with this country or its government. You clearly represent something evil and morally objectionable. I think that your morals have come into question, and I doubt that you're willing to address that.

We have a moral obligation. You would deny that. :grimacing:

I think I know who you are. I don't want anything to do with you or your myopic agenda.

scratcho likes this.
  5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Constitutional intent of the founders? So blacks should only be counted as 3/5 of a person without being allowed to do 3/5 of the voting?

6. soulcompromise

I feel like Donald Trump makes his brand of intolerance less palatable so he's turning to trolling our forum under the guise of free speech to try to feed his ego so that he doesn't have to stop being intolerant of other races.

7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I think he's just a nut.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  8. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

The 3/5 compromise is one of the more misunderstood concepts of the nation's charter. If the southern states had been allowed to count their slaves into the population figures equally, they would have dominated congress and we'd have a very different nation today. But keep in mind that during this time the northern states also had legalized slavery. Slavery was anathematic to the founders which is why the declaration of independence stressed equality among other things.

But as a new nation the US was already bankrupted by the effort to expel the British rulers. The country was fragile and this compromise allowed the new government to buy the time it needed to hold the country together. When you consider that the US ended slavery within 80 years of being founded it really was a substantial accomplishment when you look at so many other nations. I saw slaves in Africa back in 2014, so I don't find many reasons to concern myself with US slavery since it was so long ago and I have no connection to it. Even when slavery was legal in the US most Americans didn't own any. It was a privilege of the wealthy, ruling class. Blaming white people in the US today for slavery, is racism.

On the issue of Atlanta, I think you need more exposure. Atlanta is changing fast and this next mayoral election could be pivotal. What's unfortunate is the corruption this city has seen. Bill Campbell went to prison for it. Shirley Franklin rigged the airport concession lottery and Kasim Reed has a string of odd land deals and political appointments that never should have happened. The most obvious effect though is that conditions for black Atlantans have grown worse in the last 20 years under their leadership. The Beverly Hall scandal was the worst thing imaginable as a whole generation of Atlanta school children, predominantly black, were cheated out of their education.

But corruption comes in all colors. And with one of Reed's cronies in the race against Mary Noorwood, who gave Reed a real run for his money 9 years ago, we might see a substantial change. However, this is a democrat against democrat race, so the whole race could still come down to race, like it or not. But during the last 25 years the Atlanta city government has been tearing down the government housing projects and shipping black residents out to the suburbs under HUD and Section 8. The gentrified Atlanta neighborhoods have become primarily white and gay. And Reed's administration has been very unkind to Atlanta's gay population with raids on clubs and humiliating arrests of prominent gay leaders on trumped up charges.

Atlanta might be the first in several US cities to see a dramatic political shift coming about because the black leadership treated the black population as disposable. Adopting sanctuary status for Hispanic illegal aliens has had a substantial impact on black unemployment in Atlanta as well. Black Atlantans used to dominate the construction trades, now they don't. The ones who are vocal about this can be found in Atlanta Black Star magazine.

9. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

The White Nationalists who marched in Virginia were yelling out about being replaced. It must be one of their political theories.

10. stormountainman

Sounds like everything Steve Bannon wants. Another Alt-Right clue?

11. stormountainman

Sounds like another Alt-Right clue.

12. stormountainman

Another Alt-Right clue.

13. stormountainman

Rural areas have for the most part voted Republican...frequently called, "Red States." With all the Republican representation, they have ended up with the poorest public education, poorly funded public health, poor people living in trailer parks, drug and alcohol addiction, and a dumbed down constituency. Texas was much better off when Anne Richards was governor. Donald Trump hasn't even given them help for hurricane damage...sad...just a bunch of hot air...sad.

Meliai, tumbling.dice and scratcho like this.
  14. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm wondering why you would spend the gift of life in such shallow endeavors . Hate or dislike of other humans seems like such a waste of time. It has been the cause of so much suffering and death over thousands of years ----and just goes on and on.
    In truth, I don't hate Trump or Bannon----I just hope that they and their kind will finally be given the door and never heard from again.

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

White genocide??? Where is that happening? And no one has ever tried to keep me from being white...I've never been denied housing, employment, medical services or any other damn thing because of the color of my skin. What the hell are you so afraid of? It takes two to tango so they say, and you are one of the ones making race an issue. Just ignore the damn hype, it's not important. How individuals relate to one another is the only thing that matters.

16. scratcho

It's difficult for some people to get past some of those feelings. In my family, Jews were kikes, blacks were coons and Mexicans were greasers. I can tell anyone that I knew there was something wrong with them at a very early age. If one can intellectualize the fact that those feelings are hurtful and in the end help no one---it can be overcome. The situation in Europe is turning out to be bad for some places--granted. Religion plus hate=bad shit.

stormountainman likes this.
  17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Does 'wasiss' mean nut?

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  18. scratcho

It's sad to see a person waste their mental capacity on a mind set that doesn't really help anyone.

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Al Green? :D

20. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

ooooh, love that song. I thought of that just now, too.
    :smile:

tumbling.dice likes this.