• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 SaltyDawg

SaltyDawg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted September 20 2017 - 03:41 PM

Why do so many people yell out "Oh my God" when they have an orgasm ?

Could it be a vestigial cellular impulse that is let out at the final moment of procreation in furthering the genes of humanity ?

• ThriceHistMorphs likes this

#82 ThriceHistMorphs

ThriceHistMorphs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 20 2017 - 04:54 PM

It still is its own gigantic assumption about what does or doesn't happen after you die and without any hard evidence whatsoever.

It's not really comparable to religious belief in the supernatural. Atheist's "belief" is similar to belief in the sense that you might "believe" you are not going to wake up on Saturn tomorrow or that the noodles you put in the pot on the stove, won't turn into live crickets.

Generally speaking, I think atheists rely on observations of the natural world, which is why many tend to gravitate towards science.

?

#83 guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam

• PipPipPip
  • 21,380 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 20 2017 - 05:52 PM

It still is its own gigantic assumption about what does or doesn't happen after you die and without any hard evidence whatsoever.

?

The observable hard evidence is that dead bodies are no longer animate and decompose. 

• Mister Liam likes this

3i6eiPI.png?

#84 guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam

• PipPipPip
  • 21,380 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 20 2017 - 06:00 PM

Could it be a vestigial cellular impulse that is let out at the final moment of procreation in furthering the genes of humanity ?

Probably mostly socialized that way, there are many people who say some pretty obscene things while orgasming as well. 

3i6eiPI.png?

#85 tikoo

tikoo

• PipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted September 20 2017 - 06:00 PM

Life eternal is a moment , and then you are dead . Die in peace and with wondrous hallucination just prior to nothing . Your

children will feel this of your spirit .

#86 ThriceHistMorphs

ThriceHistMorphs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:30 AM

Right, but there's plenty of interesting Science regarding NDE's that point to the notion that they are not merely hallucinations. I can post some links if you like.

The observable hard evidence is that dead bodies are no longer animate and decompose. 

#87 guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam

• PipPipPip
  • 21,380 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 AM

Right, but there's plenty of interesting Science regarding NDE's that point to the notion that they are not merely hallucinations. I can post some links if you like.

I was talking about Dead not Near Dead.

But I have no doubt the homeostatic processing that brings us our "normal" experience of reality can be significantly disrupted under extremely stressful incidents and/or neurological failure. Having read some NDE experiences, imo many of them do have components that resemble psychedelic experiences, namely DMT and Ketamine like experiences.

3i6eiPI.png?

#88 neoprene_queen

neoprene_queen

Rebel Grrrl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationIn the Office or on the Beach

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 AM

I yell out "Oh my God!" when I see a spider

giphy.gif

• guerillabedlam and Mister Liam like this

"Pineapple is just as important as the cheese, crust, and sauce."

#89 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 20,420 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted Yesterday, 01:20 PM

athiests are not one catigory, but a label applied by people who share one belief, to people who don't share it, or at least one similar.

there are as many shades and variations, even among those who wear the label proudly, as there are among beliefs and believers.

the existence or non-existence of one or more god-like beings is not something there is any means to know with any certainty.

they are neither required nor excluded from existence. 

beliefs ABOUT them, that is the part, that can be traced, to persons very much other then a god, having come up with.

it only muddies the water a little, that it is possible, that a person having come up with a belief,

may have been chosen by some god-like being to 'channel' it.

(and i'm pretty sure i've never said "oh my god" during or immediately after an orgasm.  lol that one.)

(if that is why, i've never as far as i know, fathered any children, well that's ok too, and another lol for that thought too.)

Edited by themnax, Yesterday, 01:25 PM.

my nation is the imagination

this is the dawning of the age of zootopia

and thank god i'm not quite human

=^^=
.../\...

#90 Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy

• PipPipPip
  • 6,244 posts

Posted Today, 03:29 AM

We're a lot more than just a body. Even Hip Forums proves that. You can have an entire identity in digital form. There will never be any hard evidence for God just like you won't find any thoughts if you dissect a human brain. It's apples and oranges.

Click to Visit Netshops!