Ladies: Do You Wear Your Hair Up Or Down When Sleeping?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by abarambling, Nov 14, 2016.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Do you wear it up more, or down?

I'm not sure if this is in the right subgroup. I think I'm mildly to moderately cognitively delayed, and the school system never caught it. So, just saying... this is hard for me.

ANYWAYS...

I'm trying to grow my hair out, but it's only been an one year journey and I'm already getting sick of it. This is why I, for the past few years have had pixie to shoulder length haircuts. It's annyoing for me to have long hair, and it's not even long yet, lol. But, for all of my youth I had long hair, so I want it back. I miss it. I miss putting all my hair in front of my face, and covering my whole face with my hair. When you can act like the girl from whatever that horror movie is, then you know you got good hair. So, I'm just wondering if putting your hair up, particularly when sleeping... delays or prohibits the hair from growing. I think it's already growing slow. I got a pixie cut in December of last year, and it's only to my shoulders. So, I don't want to make it grow slower than it already is. Or stop growing completely. That would be terrifying.

I kind of have the haircut of the mom from Stanger Things. The one that lost the kid. I don't know her name. Don't get me wrong, it looks great on her... because she is beautiful, and can pull anything off. But, on me... I don't know what happened. I think the pixie cut was too layered, therefore my hair grew out weird. It's not a bad haircut. It's just not one I'm comfortable with, because I like my hair to be straighter than what it is now.

Men can answer this too, I almost forgot there are long haired guys here.

I don't know,
    Bye.

1 person likes this.
  2. Beauty_and_brains

Beauty_and_brains Members

I put my hair up to sleep so I don't get oil on my face, plus it annoys me to be down when I'm sleeping! Unless your hair is breaking where you tie the hair tie then it shouldn't hurt your growth.

Also, biotin helps healthy hair, skin and nail growth. Give that a try if you want to speed up the process.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I usually put my hair in a ponytail when i sleep because I cant stand it in my face, but i have heard this can cause it to break.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Wearing hair up will not slow growth.

For sleeping, longhairs have a few choices: loose, sleep bun, braid, sleep cap, silky pillowcase.
    I've done them all.
    Braid is my best bet, followed by a sleep cap (actually a scrub cap sold for medical professionals).
    I do it to limit tangling, which is the source of my damage.

See my personal forum for long hair discussions. It's in my signature.

At shoulder length, can you put your hair up securely? I don't think I bothered with updos until mid back lengths.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I just have my hair out. I sleep on a pillow case made of silk like material so no friction busting my hairs. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo Members

I bun my hair to sleep so there is absolutely no breakage at all, plus I get this natural looking curl to it.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

always down

8. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

When my hair was long I had to braid it so I wouldn't wake up with huge knots. Now it is chin length and I still mostly tie it back to sleep but it's not necessary.

9. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I was mistaken it's more a little pass my shoulders. I've been leaving it down and now that I have I've seen that I have more hair than what I thought.

Like I said, I had a pixie cut with no bangs. I have natural bangs. Not bangs that females get because they cut it that way. And I think because of that it grew out in different lengths, so now it's just looks weird, lol. I mean the cut gives my straight hair volume because of the different lengths, but I'm just not used to it. My hair is a lot straighter than this, and I think the shorter lengths in the front look weird for the shape of my face. It kind of looks like a cross between the mom from Stranger Things and a haircut a scene girl would wear, lol.

Anyways, yea... I can put all my hair to one side without anything falling, and I can put it up in a ponytail. So, it's not that short, it just has short parts.

I got a trim about six months ago, and the hair stylist told me that my hair was growing fast, becuase I told them how long I've been growing it out. So, I guess it's growing fast. I know my hair grows fast. That's why I'm comfortable cutting it so short. But, I'm over cutting my hair so short. Also, I mainly like pixie cuts, but they don't last long on me, because my hair grows fast. So, I end up with short hair longer than the pixie cut. But, I don't like short hair on me. I like long hair or a pixie cut. Basically, it's not worth it anymore. Unless, I change my mind and want to put the time and effort to get a haircut every other month to keep that pixie cut. But, nah. Too much work. I rather just go long.

I wonder how long it will take. It's almost been a year and it's a bit pass my shoulders. So, we will see. Watch me, cut it all off again. :D

10. mildredrohr

mildredrohr Members

I tie my hairs down a bit loose with a simple rubber band.

11. bunnygirl

bunnygirl available in taiwan

always loose, pins, rubber bands make harder to sleep for me

12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

A loose bun or down.

13. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Where you been, haven't heard from you for awhile?

14. Eric!

Did I read that right? You were a puppy for a rich teenage girl? In Dubai?
    Jokes, right?

15. Eric!

Oh, I believe you. Was that some kind of role playing thing or what?

16. Eric!

I've never heard of that shit, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Uh, before I go, how much do they pay and do they like black puppies?

17. bunnygirl

bunnygirl available in taiwan

we should be discussing this in private chat not on a hairy post

18. Eric!

Holy smokes!! That's pretty good money to act like a puppy!!

19. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I usually sleep with it down. My hair is super curly so there's really no keeping it neat. I used to try to wrap it up like some people advised, but I always end up with dented hair the next morning.

20. Niamh2636

Niamh2636 Members

When my hair was longer I popped it into a ponytail using a scrunchie.
    My hair is now that short that I can just leave it to do what it likes. I 'suffer' from bed hair come morning of course which isn't my best look :smile:.